ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Nzoner's Game Room>To the Herm haters.
kcbubb 11:37 AM 07-29-2009
I'm tired of all the blame going to Herm. Yes, Herm had his share of blunders but the amount of hate that he gets is ridiculous. The biggest mistake that Herm made was underestimating the impact of Jared Allen. And I did too at the time. In 2007, the Chiefs almost had a top 10 defense despite their terrible offense. We know what happened in 2008. But we are quick to forget the defense of 2007. I'm not saying the Herm was a great coach, but he is not as bad as some here believe.

Just to irritate you, lets take a look at what might have been if Herm had stuck around.

-First the acquisition of Cassell never happens. Herm sticks with Thigpen and Gailey runs the system that worked well in the latter half of the season.

-The switch to the 3-4 never happens and the Chiefs continue to run a 4-3 defense.

-Most likely, no notable free agents are picked up.

-Tony Gonzalez remains with the Chiefs.

-The draft rolls around and Herm takes the safe route as usual and picks the following players:

1. Aaron Curry
2. Everette Brown (Herm likes this pick bc of the desperate need for a pass rusher to replace Jared Allen who was lost in 07 and the success of another small DE Dwight Freeney with the Colts where his role model Tony Dungy coached.)
3. Antione Caldwell (Mal Moore leadership award winner is drafted here) Herm kinda player. And can play all line positions but primarily C or G.
4. Louis Murphy (Herm picks a wide out for the needed depth and Murphy provide some speed.)
5. Jasper Brinkley (Tough middle linebacker probably starts.)
6. Andrew Gardner (RT tackle pushes or replaces McIntosh)
7. Captain Munnerlyn (CB and returner)
7. Ricky Jean-Francois (depth at DT)
7. Ryan Succop K

And to top it off. After speaking with Tony Dungy about Michael Vick, who has been mentoring Vick, Herm trusts Dungy and decides to give Vick a shot at backing up Tyler Thigpen.

Would all of this happened... probably not, but it is interesting to think about what might have been if Herm and Carl would have stayed. Again, I don't think Herm is great and I definitely don't think Carl was good, but I do wonder what might have happened. I do like the draft above much better than our current one, and I do like that we still would have Tony G.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 02:19 PM 08-02-2009
everytime I think i've seen it all....
[Reply]
wild1 02:40 PM 08-02-2009
this is so dumb it defies description.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:09 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Disagree. I think the only players in major jeopardy are on the defensive line.

STAY:
Starters:
Albert
Bowe
Cox
Flowers
Page
Leggett (nickel)

On-the-fence starters / good chance of being a backup:
Carr
Charles
Morgan
Pollard
Cottam

Backups:
Niswanger - Depth at C/G
Kolby Smith - if healthy
Herb Taylor
Tyler Thigpen (not drafted, but part of youth movement)

Borderliners:
Dorsey - I think he'll function okay as a 3-4 DE, but will be traded to get value
Tank Tyler - Might find a good spot at nose tackle. I don't know how sure I am about this.

Cut:
Hali
Richardson
Croyle
Turk McBride - I still think he could fare well as a 3-4 DE because of his experience at DT. But the fact that Haley has him as a OLB makes me think he's doomed.
Donald Washington will replace Leggett as the Nickel.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:12 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by billay:
Donald Washington will replace Leggett as the Nickel.
I don't really think Leggett is on the bubble. I think if Washington will push anybody, it will be Carr.
[Reply]
Tiger's Fan 04:31 PM 08-02-2009
As Skip put it, all the dumbfuck rejects from the Coalition are infesting the Planet now. This idiot is proof positive that it's a bad thing. He's starting to make DCS look semi-normal.
[Reply]
milkman 04:40 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by Buster Hymen:
As Skip put it, all the dumb**** rejects from the Coalition are infesting the Planet now. This idiot is proof positive that it's a bad thing. He's starting to make DCS look semi-normal.
I disagree.

Overall, zilla brings solid football opinions and intelligent conversation to this forum.

But in this is his one area of dumbassery.

But that's okay.

Everyone of us at one time or another has been a dumbass, including myself.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Up