ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 23
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>To the Herm haters.
kcbubb 11:37 AM 07-29-2009
I'm tired of all the blame going to Herm. Yes, Herm had his share of blunders but the amount of hate that he gets is ridiculous. The biggest mistake that Herm made was underestimating the impact of Jared Allen. And I did too at the time. In 2007, the Chiefs almost had a top 10 defense despite their terrible offense. We know what happened in 2008. But we are quick to forget the defense of 2007. I'm not saying the Herm was a great coach, but he is not as bad as some here believe.

Just to irritate you, lets take a look at what might have been if Herm had stuck around.

-First the acquisition of Cassell never happens. Herm sticks with Thigpen and Gailey runs the system that worked well in the latter half of the season.

-The switch to the 3-4 never happens and the Chiefs continue to run a 4-3 defense.

-Most likely, no notable free agents are picked up.

-Tony Gonzalez remains with the Chiefs.

-The draft rolls around and Herm takes the safe route as usual and picks the following players:

1. Aaron Curry
2. Everette Brown (Herm likes this pick bc of the desperate need for a pass rusher to replace Jared Allen who was lost in 07 and the success of another small DE Dwight Freeney with the Colts where his role model Tony Dungy coached.)
3. Antione Caldwell (Mal Moore leadership award winner is drafted here) Herm kinda player. And can play all line positions but primarily C or G.
4. Louis Murphy (Herm picks a wide out for the needed depth and Murphy provide some speed.)
5. Jasper Brinkley (Tough middle linebacker probably starts.)
6. Andrew Gardner (RT tackle pushes or replaces McIntosh)
7. Captain Munnerlyn (CB and returner)
7. Ricky Jean-Francois (depth at DT)
7. Ryan Succop K

And to top it off. After speaking with Tony Dungy about Michael Vick, who has been mentoring Vick, Herm trusts Dungy and decides to give Vick a shot at backing up Tyler Thigpen.

Would all of this happened... probably not, but it is interesting to think about what might have been if Herm and Carl would have stayed. Again, I don't think Herm is great and I definitely don't think Carl was good, but I do wonder what might have happened. I do like the draft above much better than our current one, and I do like that we still would have Tony G.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:38 AM 07-29-2009
NEW TOPIC: Anybody here like Mega Man?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:38 AM 07-29-2009
Fuck Herm.

and fuck you.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:39 AM 07-29-2009
Haha. You obviously took a lot of time and effort to write out how you feel, but nobody's going to read shit you wrote and just call you a retard for defending Herm.

Congrats on accomplishing absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:41 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
**** Herm.

and **** you.
This!

If you want to immune Herm for the pathetic shit we are dealing with now.. Then go ahead, try to tell yourself it is okay..

But you can go fuck yourself with a wooden spoon.
[Reply]
LaChapelle 11:41 AM 07-29-2009
ONly a few hate HErm the PersoN. MoRe disLike U.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:41 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by PostRockPablo:
Haha. You obviously took a lot of time and effort to write out how you feel, but nobody's going to read shit you wrote and just call you a retard for defending Herm.

:-)
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:42 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by PostRockPablo:

that's my goal with posting is to accomplish things. We all get a whole lot done around here. look how productive all the posters are on here! keep up the good work!!! :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:42 AM 07-29-2009
Herm is on ESPN, who cares
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM 07-29-2009
Herm failed at being able to manage a game, not in acquiring talent.

The guy won 6 fucking games as a head coach in two seasons. That would be enough to get Bill Parcells fired.
[Reply]
milkman 11:42 AM 07-29-2009
How many times were you dropped on your head as a baby. bubb?

Do your parents wipe the drool off your face still?

JFC, you are a dumbass.

Sadly, you make Herman fucking Edwards almost look smart by comparison.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:43 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
that's my goal with posting is to accomplish things. We all get a whole lot done around here. look how productive all the posters are on here! keep up the good work!!! :-)
Well, I accomplish epic wins at the internet and funny in general; so yes, some of us do accomplish things on CP.

You = Epically failtacular to the nth degree of fail.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 07-29-2009
Oh...and FWIW.....Herm would have kept Barth and not drafted Succop. And we wouldn't have the third 7th round pick. And we probably wouldn't have drafted Curry...instead grabbing an OT with the #3 pick and moving Albert inside to Guard.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:46 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Oh...and FWIW.....Herm would have kept Barth and not drafted Succop. And we wouldn't have the third 7th round pick. And we probably wouldn't have drafted Curry...instead grabbing an OT with the #3 pick and moving Albert inside to Guard.
Wrong again. Herm said he would have taken Curry on ESPN.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:46 AM 07-29-2009
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Wrong again. Herm said he would have taken Curry on ESPN.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 23
1 234511 > Last »
Up