ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What Songs or Movies Make You Cry?
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:21 AM 06-27-2024
I’m a bit of a softy, especially with music and certain films/scenes from films.

And it’s a bit all over the place.

Since my dad died, I can’t listen to My Father’s House by Springsteen, and I’ve never been a big Bruce fan. But I listen to that now, and I’m crushed.

Certain operas/arias bring me to tears.

Transatlanticism by Death Cab is always rough, even if I’m in a great mood. I’ll end up drifting back into some former relationship and it’ll get me misty eyed.

Too many songs bring tears to my eyes for reasons of joy, sadness, yearning, etc…

Here’s a weird one. Superman The Movie. Christopher Reeve. When he grabs Lois and that helicopter(pilots inside) from falling from the roof, I snort cry. I just wish sometimes there was this “miracle man” who could do stuff like that and give us all something to believe in and be so thankful it exists.

Private Ryan, Schindler’s List, Sling Blade…. All crushers…

What do you have?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:30 AM 06-27-2024
GabyKeepsMeWarm threads
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:40 AM 06-27-2024
Field of Dreams
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:42 AM 06-27-2024
I used to stoic as all get out, but have turned into a crier in later years. I think the combination of having raised a family and the passing of my parents has made the concept of 'family' and 'unconditional love' more resonant.

Having your on children might be the first time you start putting another humans needs before your own. It makes you realize that others have put your needs before their own for years.

Now, any movie, or even a commercial, that pulls on the family-heartstrings will get me a bit emotional. I get choked up about story lines so easily now - and good musical underscoring just intensifies it.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:03 AM 06-27-2024

[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:05 AM 06-27-2024
My mom passed of cancer when i was 3. When i was young, my family would always tell me that my mom would sing me this song when i was a baby. Apparently she was really fond of this song. And she told them to remind me that every time i looked up and saw a rainbow in the sky, that it was her smiling down at me.

A few months ago my father passed away. The very next morning i stepped out onto my balcony to see the most gorgous, brilliant, bright double rainbow. It stretched from end to end. Brightest and boldest i had ever seen. The two of them....

Weird? Symbollic? Coincednce? I don't know....but this song always makes me cry, especially now.

[Reply]
scho63 11:06 AM 06-27-2024
Any movie where the hooker dies.
[Reply]
scho63 11:07 AM 06-27-2024
One of Enya's songs makes me cry because it reminds me of my Mom's death.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:29 AM 06-27-2024
To Kill A Mockingbird - the scene where the old man in the balcony tells Scout, "Stand up, Jean Louise, your father's passing," always gets me.

For songs - Riders on an Orphan Train. I know the Tom Russell song but I understand someone else wrote it. I first heard it years ago when my daughters were very young, which probably made it substantially more poignant. If you have kids, particularly if they're young, this song hits hard

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:31 AM 06-27-2024
Fluke.

Gets me every damn time.

[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:56 AM 06-27-2024
Always thought this was one of the saddest songs i ever heard

[Reply]
stevieray 12:00 PM 06-27-2024

[Reply]
Holladay 12:33 PM 06-27-2024
Old Yeller

/thread
[Reply]
scho63 12:39 PM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Old Yeller

/thread
Is that the title of Bob Dole's Biography?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:49 PM 06-27-2024
Dr. Greene dying on ER

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:35 PM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Every time. Rockets red glare...I said dayum...

You know, I see even on this site a bunch of people hating on the singing of the national anthem at sporting events, and I can't understand why. Just watch that video and see the reactions of the crowd. Even as recently as 1991, we were a patriotic nation. Nobody batted an eye at singing the anthem at a ball game.
Iffin you wanna start a thread in DC I'd be happy to participate and since I don't want this thread thrown in DC I'll simply say that, IMO, the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event really only makes sense, to me, when two nations are competing against one another on a world stage.

The Olympics, World Cup, and even the NFL games in London I can understand as we are importing that shit and want to put a stamp on it.

Games between teams of American League sports playing one another though? Hard pass as they are not representing the nation... they are just members of a regional team. Just get to the damn game.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up