ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What Songs or Movies Make You Cry?
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:21 AM 06-27-2024
I’m a bit of a softy, especially with music and certain films/scenes from films.

And it’s a bit all over the place.

Since my dad died, I can’t listen to My Father’s House by Springsteen, and I’ve never been a big Bruce fan. But I listen to that now, and I’m crushed.

Certain operas/arias bring me to tears.

Transatlanticism by Death Cab is always rough, even if I’m in a great mood. I’ll end up drifting back into some former relationship and it’ll get me misty eyed.

Too many songs bring tears to my eyes for reasons of joy, sadness, yearning, etc…

Here’s a weird one. Superman The Movie. Christopher Reeve. When he grabs Lois and that helicopter(pilots inside) from falling from the roof, I snort cry. I just wish sometimes there was this “miracle man” who could do stuff like that and give us all something to believe in and be so thankful it exists.

Private Ryan, Schindler’s List, Sling Blade…. All crushers…

What do you have?
[Reply]
srvy 12:30 AM 06-27-2024
USA losing to Japan in American Tackle Football will either make me sick or bring a tear to my eye.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:32 AM 06-27-2024
The end of Field of Dreams kills me every time. It doesn't matter that it's my favorite movie, and I have seen it hundreds of times, and it doesn't matter if I just watched it, if I watch the ending, I cry. Sometimes I turn it off after Doc Graham saves Karin.

I cannot listen to Piece by Piece without getting emotional. I usually turn the radio to a different song immediately. And if I watch the video of Kelly Clarkson singing it on American Idol, well, it gets embarrassing.

And although I am not a religious person, the song I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me gets me misty eyed every time I listen to it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:32 AM 06-27-2024
The end of Field of Dreams kills me every time. It doesn't matter that it's my favorite movie, and I have seen it hundreds of times, and it doesn't matter if I just watched it, if I watch the ending, I cry. Sometimes I turn it off after Doc Graham saves Karin.

I cannot listen to Piece by Piece without getting emotional. I usually turn the radio to a different song immediately. And if I watch the video of Kelly Clarkson singing it on American Idol, well, it gets embarrassing.

And although I am not a religious person, the song I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me gets me misty eyed every time I listen to it.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:57 AM 06-27-2024
It’s not song or movie related, but damn it if this doesn’t always get those gears goin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYKTMQl7MQ
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:04 AM 06-27-2024
WE WIN GRACIE!
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:30 AM 06-27-2024
there is only one movie that made me cry. The Other Sister. I took my girlfriend of 3 years to see it in theaters. my eyes watered up. and the girlfriend was very cold to me after that. she never looked at me the same as before. its one of my biggest regrets in life. so... that movie still makes me sad, indirectly.

there are lot of songs that can bring a tear to my eye. Life Without You by SRV and Machine Gun by Band of Gypsies do it to me most
[Reply]
Stewie 08:09 AM 06-27-2024
Brian's Song

Field of Dreams - I saw it about a month after my dad died. That really tore me up.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:11 AM 06-27-2024
The Chiefs Hallmark movie
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:43 AM 06-27-2024
I honestly think the last time I got misty watching something was when the Chiefs won their first SB of the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:43 AM 06-27-2024
I find myself listening to video game soundtracks while I work through the day, as I'm still a pretty big gamer and typically there aren't much vocals in video game scores, so it's less likely to be distracting or to bother anyone that comes into the office.

There's a couple tracks from a few games that my mind immediately associates with intense/ dramatic/ sacrificial story points that once in a while will cause the eyes to well up a little bit, and it always surprises me.

Other than that: I've cried every championship the Chiefs or Royals have won, and if you have a problem with that, well... fuck you LOL
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:45 AM 06-27-2024
End of field of dreams

"WHO'S THE WILD MAN NOW!" gets me every time as well.

I refuse to watch "where the red fern grows", having read it in elementary school, and bawling like a baby.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:47 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
I find myself listening to video game soundtracks while I work through the day, as I'm still a pretty big gamer and typically there aren't much vocals in video game scores, so it's less likely to be distracting or to bother anyone that comes into the office.

There's a couple tracks from a few games that my mind immediately associates with intense/ dramatic/ sacrificial story points that once in a while will cause the eyes to well up a little bit, and it always surprises me.

Other than that: I've cried every championship the Chiefs or Royals have won, and if you have a problem with that, well... **** you LOL
I really thought I would cry after the first super bowl. I did for the WS. But I was so overwhelmed that it really didn't fully truly sink in until days later.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:47 AM 06-27-2024
Rudy and Cinderella Man.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:50 AM 06-27-2024
This is corny as hell but always makes me tear up.
lol

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:24 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
It’s not song or movie related, but damn it if this doesn’t always get those gears goin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYKTMQl7MQ
Every time. Rockets red glare...I said dayum...

You know, I see even on this site a bunch of people hating on the singing of the national anthem at sporting events, and I can't understand why. Just watch that video and see the reactions of the crowd. Even as recently as 1991, we were a patriotic nation. Nobody batted an eye at singing the anthem at a ball game.

We've come a long way I guess...

I myself get choked up at the scene in Rudy where he gets the acceptance letter from Notre Dame, The scene in the Passion of the Christ where Mary sees Jesus fall with the cross with the simultaneous flash back to him falling down as a child and her rushing to him...

Cat's in the Cradle gets me almost every time if I really sit and listen to it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up