ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>The Office: A Spin Off
Mephistopheles Janx 11:12 PM 05-08-2024
It is happening.

https://www.cbr.com/the-office-seque...box=1715188633

Originally Posted by :
In the new series, per the logline, "The documentary crew that immortalized Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch is in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper and the publisher trying to revive it with volunteer reporters."

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:52 AM 05-09-2024
The original wasn't even funny
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:17 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:32 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The Office was good more because of the chemistry between the actors than the actual story/writing.
Maybe, maybe not- but the writing was fantastic.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:13 PM 05-10-2024
I feel like it could work if it doesn't desperately try to be The Office... and that's tough when fans are expecting it to BE The Office.

But, outside of maybe watching a few episodes the next time I have to pay for a month of Peacock to watch a Chiefs playoff game.... it won't be a priority to pay for another streaming service and then watch commercials.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:10 PM 05-10-2024
I bet if it's not a piece of shit it'll air on NBC. I think they originally announced the Night Court reboot as a Peacock show too.

Also that logline makes it sound like it's at least partially focused on the documentary crew themselves.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:25 PM 05-11-2024
This might be one of the shittiest takes I've ever heard. You watched what 4 episodes?
[Reply]
Bump 03:30 PM 05-12-2024
the only way this wouldn't suck ass is if they bring back the original, Ricky Gervais as the office manager.
[Reply]
loochy 05:26 PM 05-12-2024
Is this real life?
[Reply]
Rausch 06:31 PM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
I'm completely sick of remakes, reboots, and spin-offs.

Even a show as tame as The Office couldn't be made today, thanks to the "sensitivity" of modern audiences. This new show will almost certainly be dogshit, with gutless writing and bland humor. It will, however, showcase an extremely diverse workplace. :-)
Call me if Ron Swanson and April get a spin-off.
It's about the only one I'd be in for...
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:37 PM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This might be one of the shittiest takes I've ever heard. You watched what 4 episodes?
Trolls call it "cooking" and he dishes up Hot Pocket takes 24/7.

And not even with the crisper sleeve thing cooked to the right temp, just high for 90 seconds to make the outside molten lava while the inside stays zero Kelvin. And not even something that sounds like it could be appetizing like philly cheese steak, but the shittiest option like highly processed scraps of ham with a pound of provel.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:15 PM 05-12-2024
Think I would opt to just re-watch The Office over this idea.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 01:43 PM 05-20-2024
So is the spinoff just going to be watching actors in zoom meetings and them wandering around their homes every episode?

Office dynamics have changed a lot since the original.
[Reply]
loochy 02:19 PM 05-20-2024
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
So is the spinoff just going to be watching actors in zoom meetings and them wandering around their homes every episode?

Office dynamics have changed a lot since the original.

That's what I do when I go into the office now too. So stupid...what's the point of even going in?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up