ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>The Office: A Spin Off
Mephistopheles Janx 11:12 PM 05-08-2024
It is happening.

https://www.cbr.com/the-office-seque...box=1715188633

Originally Posted by :
In the new series, per the logline, "The documentary crew that immortalized Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch is in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper and the publisher trying to revive it with volunteer reporters."

[Reply]
loochy 06:36 AM 05-09-2024
I'm excited because I'm Office fan #1
but I'm not optimistic. There is no way to recapture the magic
[Reply]
srvy 07:36 AM 05-09-2024
I have never watched one episode of The Office. I only know it exists through Memes and GIFs. I guess we will be getting more!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:02 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
It is happening.

https://www.cbr.com/the-office-seque...box=1715188633
"in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper..."

Just call it "The Star"
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:30 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"in search of a new subject when they discover a dying historic Midwestern newspaper..."

Just call it "The Star"
What an unappealing cast that would be.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
What an unappealing cast that would be.
Jason Whitlock as Creed.
Joe Posnanski as Toby
Brooke Pryor as Angela

I mean sure - we'd struggle to come up with Jim and Darryl, or even baseline competence like Stanley (or even semi-likeable idiots like Michael, Dwight and Kevin) but surely we can come up with some composite characters even if they're largely fictional.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:13 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jason Whitlock as Creed.
Joe Posnanski as Toby
Brooke Pryor as Angela

I mean sure - we'd struggle to come up with Jim and Darryl, or even baseline competence like Stanley (or even semi-likeable idiots like Michael, Dwight and Kevin) but surely we can come up with some composite characters even if they're largely fictional.
I was thinking of the current crew (particularly the Opinion staff).
[Reply]
penguinz 08:40 AM 05-09-2024
Going to be a complete dumpster fire of a show.

The Office was good more because of the chemistry between the actors than the actual story/writing.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:32 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The Office was good more because of the chemistry between the actors than the actual story/writing.
Maybe, maybe not- but the writing was fantastic.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 05-09-2024
I can almost bet that this doesn't go beyond the first season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I can almost bet that this doesn't go beyond the first season.
To be completely fair, most would've said the same thing about the American version of The Office once announced.

That show just shouldn't have worked. But man did it.

And the reason I say that is that I HATED Michael heavy episodes. Thought they were just awful. But then when he left the entire show fell apart. So you realized that a character that you really didn't like as a central focus was instrumental to the success of the show.

How rare is that?

I mean yeah - the best bet is always that a show isn't going to work. Especially an ensemble show where you just don't know who's going to be a breakout character and if you've cast/written that character well enough. It would've been so easy for them to mis-cast Michael and have the show crater. Or Jim. Or Pam. Or Dwight. When you need strong support from several different characters and failing on any one of them could crater the whole thing, that's working without a net.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:27 AM 05-09-2024
I'm completely sick of remakes, reboots, and spin-offs.

Even a show as tame as The Office couldn't be made today, thanks to the "sensitivity" of modern audiences. This new show will almost certainly be dogshit, with gutless writing and bland humor. It will, however, showcase an extremely diverse workplace. :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:35 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:

Even a show as tame as The Office couldn't be made today, thanks to the "sensitivity" of modern audiences. This new show will almost certainly be dogshit, with gutless writing and bland humor. It will, however, showcase an extremely diverse workplace. :-)

Probably. https://t.co/MosZE6EmcJ pic.twitter.com/lxHSXq7AKI

— Rob McElhenney (@RMcElhenney) April 30, 2024

---

Will it be more diverse than the cast that featured two black dudes, a gay latino, and an asian (more specifically Indian) woman?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:43 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:

---

Will it be more diverse than the cast that featured two black dudes, a gay latino, and an asian (more specifically Indian) woman?
On network TV? Not a chance.

I'd guess it will be more diverse than the original, but more importantly it won't be funny.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:31 PM 05-12-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:

Call me if Ron Swanson and April get a spin-off.
It's about the only one I'd be in for...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up