ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Darren Waller Retires
Stewie 01:45 PM 06-09-2024
I guess he's banking on his career in the music biz.

Per Rapoport:

Sources: Giants TE Darren Waller has informed the team he plans to retire, walking away at the age of 31 after just one season with NYG.

Waller hasn’t attended workouts, and the team had known for some time he may not play. Now, he’s officially let them know before minicamp.
[Reply]
TLO 01:49 PM 06-09-2024
Well, bye.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:51 PM 06-09-2024
I know that last year didn't go well with the Giants. But not much of anything else did either. He looked pretty good with the Raiders. I kinda expected to see Giants flop him to someone for a 7th or just cut him and he would land elsewhere. But, maybe he just doesn't want to play anymore. Who knows? I'm just glad that he's no longer a weapon for the Faiders
[Reply]
BWillie 01:53 PM 06-09-2024
He spits hot fire.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:08 PM 06-09-2024
i remember when he was going to help the raiders win the afc west :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:10 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Well, bye.
Yip. I know he was injured last year. Was it that or the hype music career calling?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:11 PM 06-09-2024
No way he could step back in a locker room after dropping that song
[Reply]
jdubya 02:16 PM 06-09-2024
Raiders gave him a second chance and he cleaned up and played on fire for a couple years. Then he got into his rap crap and started hanging and believing his new entourage and lost his love for football.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:26 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Raiders gave him a second chance and he cleaned up and played on fire for a couple years. Then he got into his rap crap and started hanging and believing his new entourage and lost his love for football.
That is certainly a part of it. His body failing him is another big part of it.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:33 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That is certainly a part of it. His body failing him is another big part of it.
Not all have the drive of your Jim Ottos or Maxx. Reading between the lines in previous years when coaches were asked week to week how Waller was feeling, there seemed to be that hesitation before they would say something like, "I dont know how he is this week". I cant help but feel his heart just wasn't into it at the end. Oh well, he gone.
[Reply]
Fish 02:44 PM 06-09-2024
Good luck with that music career, dumbass...

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:57 PM 06-09-2024
He clearly just wanted to get a piece of that contract then retire. Sad but reality it seems.

He did come from the Raiders so I would expect nothing less.
[Reply]
scho63 03:02 PM 06-09-2024
I really thought he was a great TE. Not sure what the fuck happened except Raidered.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:24 PM 06-09-2024
Let me know the last NFL player you can remember that moved on from the Raiders and wasn't complete ass.

What a waste of an NFL franchise. Raiders....where careers go to die!
[Reply]
scho63 04:27 PM 06-09-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Let me know the last NFL player you can remember that moved on from the Raiders and wasn't complete ass.

What a waste of an NFL franchise. Raiders....where careers go to die!
Devonate Adams just wept a little......
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up