ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Saying Goodbye to the Pro Bowl?
okiedokieokoye 12:59 PM 05-24-2022
NFL owners are discussing the future of the Pro Bowl at this week's league meetings, a source confirmed to ESPN after multiple media outlets reported the news.

The league has spoken to players and NFL teams and is now exploring alternatives to the weeklong Pro Bowl celebration, which could include the elimination of the traditional tackle game, the source said.

No vote is needed to approve a change. The NFL, while exploring this with players and television partners, hopes to have a decision this summer.
The annual all-star game, broadcast on ESPN, has suffered in recent years because of players backing out and the lack of competition due to injury concerns.

The NFL has played a traditional Pro Bowl game in some fashion since 1938. Festivities surround the game, including dodgeball, throwing competitions and skills challenges in the past.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:47 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
But I don't know why the obvious answer hasn't been brought back yet as a replacement, the skills challenge.
Not so fast...
[Reply]
jallmon 03:57 PM 05-24-2022
Thought they already had dumped it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:13 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
They could easily make it just the skills competitions, and you could have a lot of fun with it. The trash talking and joking around is always fun. I haven't watched the pro bowl since high school in the 80's, but I like the skills competition. They need some kind of race with the linemen or some shit like that. Maybe they have to swim the length of the pool or something. Anyway, they could make the event worth watching without anyone having to actually play tackle football.
Yep, I always genuinely enjoyed them back in the day

Its always funny to see them all cutting up with each other, one of my all time favorite moments was Favre doing his pigeon toed Elway impersonation back in the early 90s

Its far more entertaining than the shitass games

[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:05 PM 05-24-2022
Lingerie Bowl with only the best looking Players’ significant others as voted on by fans.
[Reply]
Bump 07:24 PM 05-24-2022
have a little skills competition or an awards show instead.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 05-24-2022
Yeah do the skills competition. Not the 70’s BS type. May get the players competitive juices going and it ends up something watchable. Whatever it is now is shit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:34 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Lingerie Bowl with only the best looking Players’ significant others as voted on by fans.
I think you're onto something here.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:39 PM 05-24-2022
I'm surprised that it lasted as long as it did. I will offer a rousing eulogy at the funeral.
[Reply]
kevrunner 09:49 PM 05-24-2022
The players make so much $$$, there is nothing that can make these players give anything close to 100%, whether it’s the normal pro bowl/change it to flag/2 handed touch, or create a skills competition, it will always be something they won’t take seriously. Can’t blame them either. Even last year Tyreek went only half speed when he was racing in the skill competition. Who wants to see that?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:58 PM 05-24-2022
I would rather watch a USlessFL game than the NFL's Pro Bowl :-)
[Reply]
Balto 09:59 PM 05-24-2022
Could have the voting and everything else stay the same but also a All-2 year team. Then only have the players 2 years or less experience play while the vets coach. Have a TV awards show to hype the vets/elite players but also offer a nice bonus to the winning team that the young players on a rookie pay scale will want. Plus the vets pushing the young players as coaches gets the competitive blood pumping!

Would love watching the young up and coming players showing what they have against each other.
[Reply]
scho63 04:47 AM 05-25-2022
Zero fucks given.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:24 AM 05-25-2022
Have an over 30 vs under 30 game…
[Reply]
Leroux 05:56 AM 05-25-2022
Good riddance
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:56 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The pro bowl is one of those things that seems more magical as a kid but doesn’t really hold up well to adult views of it.
Yep. Loved it as a kid. Went to it most years. Now, it's unwatchable. Kind of like the move "Three Amigos". Great as a kid, trash now.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up