ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Saying Goodbye to the Pro Bowl?
okiedokieokoye 12:59 PM 05-24-2022
NFL owners are discussing the future of the Pro Bowl at this week's league meetings, a source confirmed to ESPN after multiple media outlets reported the news.

The league has spoken to players and NFL teams and is now exploring alternatives to the weeklong Pro Bowl celebration, which could include the elimination of the traditional tackle game, the source said.

No vote is needed to approve a change. The NFL, while exploring this with players and television partners, hopes to have a decision this summer.
The annual all-star game, broadcast on ESPN, has suffered in recent years because of players backing out and the lack of competition due to injury concerns.

The NFL has played a traditional Pro Bowl game in some fashion since 1938. Festivities surround the game, including dodgeball, throwing competitions and skills challenges in the past.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:42 PM 05-24-2022
I bet I haven't turned the Pro Bowl on in 10+ years
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:58 PM 05-24-2022
They could easily make it just the skills competitions, and you could have a lot of fun with it. The trash talking and joking around is always fun. I haven't watched the pro bowl since high school in the 80's, but I like the skills competition. They need some kind of race with the linemen or some shit like that. Maybe they have to swim the length of the pool or something. Anyway, they could make the event worth watching without anyone having to actually play tackle football.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:59 PM 05-24-2022
Didnt watch anyway.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:00 PM 05-24-2022
They held the Pro Bowl once at Arrowhead when the stadium was new. I went to the game. Back then the players actually hit one another.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:11 PM 05-24-2022
I tried to watch. Got more boring each year. Even worse when it was moved to before the SB.

Good riddance.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:14 PM 05-24-2022
Pro bowler was the PFF & RAS before the internet
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:27 PM 05-24-2022
As bad as the Pro Bowl is, it still got higher TV ratings this past year than all of the non-World Series MLB playoff games.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:30 PM 05-24-2022
Has anyone mentioned that they don't care because they don't watch the Pro Bowl?

Because...I DON'T CARE I NEVER WATCH THE PRO BOWL!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:03 PM 05-24-2022
Man I remember decades ago when I was a kid. I cared about all the Chiefs who made the Pro Bowl, and I tuned in to watch them.

Yeah... kids have shitty tastes in entertainment.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05-24-2022, 03:06 PM
This message has been deleted by JohnnyHammersticks. Reason: oops, somebody already posted it
Easy 6 03:12 PM 05-24-2022
Last year was the final nail in the coffin, I've never witnessed such horseshit in my 51 years... just do the skills competition where they can have a little fun and call it good
[Reply]
oldman 03:16 PM 05-24-2022
I understand it's an honor to be selected, but when some of the top players don't play or even show up, what's the use? I'm out on the Pro-Bowl.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:23 PM 05-24-2022
I think I can say that may have watched 2... maybe 3 Pro Bowls in the last 40 years. I won't miss it. Hell, I would rather watch an all-skills challenge.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:23 PM 05-24-2022
The pro bowl is one of those things that seems more magical as a kid but doesn’t really hold up well to adult views of it.
[Reply]
sedated 03:29 PM 05-24-2022
Honestly I turned on the last pro bowl and found it pretty entertaining, it looked like everyone was having fun (and no one got hurt).

But I don't know why the obvious answer hasn't been brought back yet as a replacement, the skills challenge.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:44 PM 05-24-2022
Blueberry Bear claw and assorted pastry season. Just got lengthened in Denver!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up