ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It's Charger Ball-Washing Season
Kiimo 10:19 AM 05-21-2022
I thought it could be fun to specifically contain all the upcoming Charger predictions in this thread that you know are coming.

This Charger Ball Washing season is going to be especially good. If they keep saying it for twelve years in a row it eventually has to be right one year?

The latest:

.@AdamSchein explains why @chargers QB Justin Herbert is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers.

"Herbert is worthy. It's not crazy to say that Justin Herbert is off to the single-greatest start ever in NFL history at the quarterback position." pic.twitter.com/EcGT0kCBjK

— CBS Sports Network (@CBSSportsNet) May 20, 2022

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:00 PM 05-23-2022
What's the over/under on how many HOME games the Chargers play this season?

I'll take zero.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:00 PM 05-23-2022
Telesco is in the company Chris Ballard. WTF have their teams ever done?

They don't even have to win Super Bowls. Just... make it to the playoffs every year. That's all you have to do. Or with some level of consistency. And when you get there, just don't be an immediate flame out team.

They've both been with their teams, what? 5+ years? Telesco was hired the same year as Dorsey, so he's been at it even fucking longer.

They're not elite GMs at all. They're both Rick Spielmans. Good GMs who hit on a few draft picks and otherwise behave like a couple of Carl Peterson pussies in free agency.

I get this year was kind of different for the Chargers with the Mack trade, but again... we've had hype before. Only for them to be massive disappointments.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:08 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Burrow is a winner.

Herbie isn't.
I'm not a fan of the QB wins argument.

Regardless, I think it's a bit too early to write that book on either guy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:35 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There have been legit reasons in past years. Yet they always find a way to underachieve. Until they prove me wrong, I will continue to roll my eyes at these takes every year.
Maybe, but I think the current reasons are more legit than in past years. In the past it was "maybe Old Man Rivers won't throw as many picks with the game on the line this year" or "KC's going to take a big step back with Mahomes in his first year as a starter."
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:37 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Burrow is a winner.

Herbie isn't.
Please. No one would be saying this if the Titans and Chiefs' offenses hadn't self-destructed. Start Herbert in place of Burrow and the Bengals win those two games handily, with much better stats.

Burrow basically just existed in those two games.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:52 PM 05-23-2022
Burrow is great. Herbert is great.

Burrow has to be careful, though. He is willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit to make a play. One of those hits is going to shorten his career. I love his attitude, but that style of play can't last.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:21 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No, dude, it's different when it comes to the Chargers. It's not just assholes trying to drum up a hot take or get conversation going.

People legit every year believe they're going to put together a run because of what they supposedly see on paper. They're not just going, "Well... it coooooulllld happen..." It's always, "Did you see what Telesco did! Top 3 NFL GM! Best draft ever!"

Every. ****ing. Year.

Probably due to the fact the Chargers have never won anything in their history so they are the consummate underdog like the Browns.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:00 PM 05-23-2022
Content:

Football Morning In America is up!
In my latest column, you'll find:

⭐️ NFL Power Rankings! Annual list of 1 thru 32
�� Bills, Chargers are at the top
�� Pats, Steelers going wrong way
❓ Find out where your team ranks: https://t.co/jEr1qZfky0 pic.twitter.com/zPLtOCxVDd

— Peter King (@peter_king) May 23, 2022

[Reply]
DaFace 04:08 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Probably due to the fact the Chargers have never won anything in their history so they are the consummate underdog like the Browns.
Plus they're in a big market (though to be fair, they were hyped every year when they were in San Diego as well).
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:17 PM 05-23-2022
Also, everybody wanna roast Norv Turner and make fun of him, but he was the last coach who ever won jack shit with the team or at least got really really close to making it to the big game.
[Reply]
Dawson 05:09 PM 05-23-2022
Chargers owner Dean Spanos is very cheap. He'll never pay for a big time coach. So they always have guys like Mike McCoy, Anothony Lynn and now the insanely overrated Brandon Staley. Its very hard to compete in the NFL with poor coaching. The GM Telesco isn't bad, he actually drafts well. He's good at his job even though he has never won a playoff game in 9 years as the GM....

But IMO it goes back to the poor coaching and that's on the owner. This is just who the Chargers are. Bad ownership.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:02 PM 05-23-2022
Dean Spanos is cheap because he's poor. That's why he left San Diego and lives like every other poor person in Los Angeles... paying rent
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:03 PM 05-23-2022
Chargers have been preseason #1 in the minds of these dorks for like 15 years running. Never contended for anything.

Maybe we'll get to hear more talk about how they're the best team ever not to make the playoffs again
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:01 AM 05-24-2022
Pimples' bubble will burst again. Just like his zits.

Every year, the Chargers are preseason #1.
[Reply]
TEX 07:27 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Chargers have been preseason #1 in the minds of these dorks for like 15 years running. Never contended for anything.

Maybe we'll get to hear more talk about how they're the best team ever not to make the playoffs again
Yes. Especially since the NFL expanded the playoff format last season, and they still missed them. :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up