ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Taco Bell to bring back pizza
Renegade 08:09 AM 04-18-2022
This should make some of you happy, Taco Bell will be bringing back its Mexican Pizza for the month of May.

http://https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/food/taco-bell-bringing-back-its-mexican-pizza-may?utm_source=Marketo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NL_RB_Daily_04-18-22&LID=3985292&mkt_tok=NTYxLVpOUC04OTcAAAGD2_OEDO4wb5c0O13UjrVOyrY3R1kOpz-kp24W45a8MueraIfLRza36-IiPDht-0L2Ys7u6wIPfIP-KKrCGOoSmaXHNVJ92Gyougd0Db8h85k_
[Reply]
notorious 05:38 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I just dropped a Bell Beefer in the toilet
First dude in history to not rooster tail after eating the Bell.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:41 PM 05-23-2022
had one today, meh had better
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:20 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I once had to take a dump in the bathroom of the Taco Bell across the street from Arrowhead stadium, that was the worst bathroom I had ever been in ....
Seems like the odds of X Factor being in one of the stalls would be greater than 80%
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:18 AM 05-24-2022
I had it tonight it was awesome. Needed some green onion thou.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:23 AM 05-24-2022
I would like to get one but it will probably be stale, thats a big reason I don’t like Taco Bell anymore, everything is stale.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:49 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I had the Mexican pizza last night. Tastes just like I remembered it. I read somewhere that said the tortillas had changed, but they tasted the same as the last time I had it.
I did run by the drive thru to try one. The sauce tastes the same as does the cheese mix. The meat/beans won't taste the same because they aren't available any more. The shells (tortillas) were nothing like the original. I assumed that mine were burnt but a completely different product makes more sense.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:50 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
I had it tonight it was awesome. Needed some green onion thou.
The green onion and olive slices were taken off the item before it was discontinued.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:19 AM 05-24-2022
Bring back the gawt Damn chili cheese burritos and we'll talk
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:54 AM 05-24-2022
Taco Salads were awesome, the shell was absolutely delicious. Even if they brought it back it wouldn’t be the same.
[Reply]
stanleychief 11:43 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I did run by the drive thru to try one. The sauce tastes the same as does the cheese mix. The meat/beans won't taste the same because they aren't available any more. The shells (tortillas) were nothing like the original. I assumed that mine were burnt but a completely different product makes more sense.
When was the last time you had one prior to them discontinuing it? To my recollection, those tortillas were the same ones they were using just before it was discontinued. I keep seeing reviews about that, and then most of them say it had been a few years prior to it being discontinued that they had last had one. The tortilla definitely changed a few years prior to it being discontinued, or at least they did at my local Taco Bell.

Aren't they the same meat and beans they use in everything else? I tasted no difference there either. Maybe they do it different at other Taco Bells.
[Reply]
stanleychief 11:47 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The green onion and olive slices were taken off the item before it was discontinued.
Miss those. Back in the 90s and early 00s, mexican pizzas were really good. Taco Bell kept removing and swapping ingredients until they became the very average food item they are today.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:47 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Bring back the gawt Damn chili cheese burritos and we'll talk
Exactly. Chilitos or gtfo.
[Reply]
notorious 05-24-2022, 03:49 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Stryker 05:55 PM 05-24-2022
Liked the Mexican Pizza when it was on the original menu but did not really care if it was offed on the new menu. Saw this food review of it being brought back and laughed my ass off! :-)

[Reply]
listopencil 08:12 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
When was the last time you had one prior to them discontinuing it? To my recollection, those tortillas were the same ones they were using just before it was discontinued. I keep seeing reviews about that, and then most of them say it had been a few years prior to it being discontinued that they had last had one. The tortilla definitely changed a few years prior to it being discontinued, or at least they did at my local Taco Bell.

Aren't they the same meat and beans they use in everything else? I tasted no difference there either. Maybe they do it different at other Taco Bells.
I had one right before they were discontinued. The meat is now completely cooked by a third party and is delivered to the store in plastic bags, to be heated in boiling water in order to be brought up to temperature for use. It used to be delivered as raw meat in five pound chubs and then cooked on site, seasoned (premix) while browned, drained, brought to the line for use. The beans are now freeze dried and delivered in plastic-lined paper sacks, to be added to 3/4 of a gallon of boiling water in a pan, sit for 25 minutes, then stirred for 5 minutes. It used to be delivered as raw beans, to be added to lard/salt/water and pressure cooked, then left in a walk in fridge, to be refried the next day and served. The shells used to be delivered as flour tortillas to be cooked in the deep fryer with lard and then held in a warming cabinet for use. I don't know what they are using now for the shells. Tasted like premade crap, almost like slightly burnt corn tortillas.

*Upon Edit, the shitty meat and beans were being used before the pizza was discontinued.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:17 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Liked the Mexican Pizza when it was on the original menu but did not really care if it was offed on the new menu. Saw this food review of it being brought back and laughed my ass off! :-)

Yup. I can tell from that video that the shell is different by how the edge looks. It wasn't the local Taco Bell that fucked it up. That's just the shell they decided to use.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up