ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 40
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Where do the Chiefs stand in the Division?
comochiefsfan 10:40 AM 03-23-2022
This hurts.

We're clearly behind LA now and probably even with Denver and Vegas.

Hopefully we make the playoffs next year. This blows.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:25 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Another example, Bengals 2020 to Bengals 2021. New coach new players new system and what happened?
Btw, I'm not sure Reid was a Hall of Fame coach back in 2013.. Maybe he was. I know he is now though.
Honestly, anybody picks against the Chiefs it drives some of you crazy. I think the Chiefs are going to make the playoffs I just dont think they're going to win the division. I think the Chargers a d Raiders are better. And this is the thread for that type of am opinion, is it not? So we'll agree to disagree.

That example… isn’t factual.

The Bengals didn’t change their coaching staff before last year. Zac Taylor has been their coach for 3 seasons now. They got Burrow healthy and added Chase and Hendrickson. No mAjor changes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:26 PM 05-18-2022
And it’s not picking against the Chiefs… it’s picking the least likely team in the division to do it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:20 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ESPN's FPI actually has KC as the top team in the West and top 4 overall. They're projected 3rd in the division because their schedule is much tougher than the other two.
[Reply]
richpjr 09:48 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's rather silly.

After one year, lots of flash. Not as much substance.
I think his inexperience showed up at times, but burying a guy after a single season where they finished with a winning record and a single game out of the playoffs is WAY too premature. By all accounts he is a very smart guy I expect he'll make some adjustments. Their D wilted badly in crunch time last year. Don't see that happening again with the influx of talent they pumped in.

The AFC West is brutal.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:30 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by richpjr:

The AFC West is brutal.

That’s the main reason everyone has Buffalo getting home field advantage.

[Reply]
JPH83 04:00 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
By that logic, we might as well not play the Bengals... I think the Raiders had a hell of an offseason. I think they have a lot of talent . I think they did better than us acquiring proven talent this offseason. So who knows they could have closed the gap? They won't finish last like many are predicting.
I'm not sure about the Raiders. I think they've improved their DL a lot and their weapons for Carr, but I think there's still a good chance the right side of that OL is a dumpster fire. Parham is a good pick up, Munford could help, but they're going to persist with Leatherwood I imagine and he is woeful.

Carr is just not a guy that plays well under pressure. He's not mobile or tough enough. I could absolutely see them being better, maybe a fair bit, but I could also see their OL being a significantly limiting factor.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:18 AM 05-19-2022
Building monsters out of things they know they can destroy latter. Bills, Broncos and so forth. Me smart he-man argh
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:54 AM 05-19-2022
Back to the Raiders… yeah, they added DaVante Adams and Chandler Jones.

But did they make major upgrades in their secondary, or is Jonathan Abram still a starter (forcing them into single high or cover 3/4 looks)?

Did they upgrade the Ol, and deal with the glaring holes on the right side?

Do you look at Maxx Crosby and think “man, that’s a dynamic standup OLB in a 34?”

I think they made 2splashy moves and brought in an entirely new coaching staff that’s going to change the schemes drastically. I just don’t see the uptick.

If the Broncos hadn’t improved so much with the QB upgrade, I’d still see them as a fringe wildcard type team. But looking at the rest of the division, and them not having a playoff qualifier schedule, I think they’re a 8-9 disappointment.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:51 PM 05-23-2022
I just heard Dan Orlovsky call the Donkos “perfection”.

Dude has lost it.

I guess his promotion went to his head.

https://www.si.com/media/2022/05/18/...-booth-at-espn

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:02 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I just heard Dan Orlovsky call the Donkos “perfection”.

Dude has lost it.

I guess his promotion went to his head.

https://www.si.com/media/2022/05/18/...-booth-at-espn

He's absolutely right in comparison to a ball of shit polished to "perfection".

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:12 PM 05-23-2022
The Broncos are perfection, Herbert is Rodgers. Prescott will have to be a greek god
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:29 AM 05-24-2022
We'll be fine.

It's possible someone might steal the division while all our new guys get on the same page; but you have to remember that just as we have a lot of new pieces to work in, so do they.

No way this isn't a play-off team, and I bet nobody is going to want to play them in January.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 AM 05-24-2022
It’s so hard to tell bc a lot of the makeup of this team has changed. There’s a ton of question marks suddenly.

Our entire WR corps, all the new guys on defense. Sheesh. Seems like the few knowns on the team are Patrick, Kelce, RB’s, OL, part of the DL and the 2 backers
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:59 AM 05-24-2022

[Reply]
Dawson 06:42 PM 05-24-2022
Chiefs are by far the best team and its really not even close.

Wilson is washed and Denver defense is overrated. Chargers can't even beat the Raiders in a must win game. Its so funny. I see Chiefs winning 14 games, Raiders and Chargers around 8 and Broncos 6.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 40
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up