ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:48 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Update: I put a notice up on nextdoor and someone just sent me the name of the guy. It is indeed a French guy named Max who's a personal trainer. The phone number is identical to the one he gave me except one digit was changed. Now I need to figure out my next step.

I'm healing up pretty good, by the way. I've got a little blurry vision in the black eye, but I'm hoping that's just due to the fact that there's still some swelling and fluids and stuff floating around. I'll get the top level of stitches out tomorrow.
Let me know if u need any help. Pretty easy to find his friends and family to let them know what a loser Max is
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:10 PM 03-13-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
IMHO, it’s time to run all the information you have through the filter of a trusted attorney.
I'm half-tempted, but I'm hoping that we can handle this like adults from the 1950s. Maybe I'm optimistic. But if he's foreign I think he'll really not want to get police reports and attorneys involved.

Originally Posted by Fish:
You want us to rough him up some, you let us know. :-)
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Let me know if u need any help. Pretty easy to find his friends and family to let them know what a loser Max is
I'll carry this information in a suitcase that my aides keep next to me at all times. Hopefully we never have to push those buttons.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:18 AM 03-14-2022
RM - if you are having vision trouble I'd go see an optometrist post haste.

If this has been already addressed, sorry for not reading the whole thread.
[Reply]
btlook1 08:31 AM 03-14-2022
Glad you are doing OK Rainman, I have been around CP for many years on and off and NO offense but my mental pic of you was very much different!
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:45 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by btlook1:
Glad you are doing OK Rainman, I have been around CP for many years on and off and NO offense but my mental pic of you was very much different!
Here's a pic of Kevin before he shaved his beard/head

[Reply]
scho63 10:06 AM 03-14-2022
No kidding. I never expected Mr. Freeze after a bar brawl. :-)
[Reply]
kepp 10:47 AM 03-14-2022
Was this him?

[Reply]
Donger 10:54 AM 03-14-2022
Okay, I have a plot twist, though it's unrelated.

I happen to know someone who's very active in the French community in Denver. I haven't talked to him in a decade, so I did a quick google to see if he's still around.

And he's now a woman.

I did not see that coming. I know it's him because the first google hit was an interview with him featuring "before and after" photos. It's none of my business and good for ... well, her ... but this was not a guy where you could see any foreshadowing of this.
The French switching sides does have some precedents.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:03 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by kepp:
Was this him?
No, my guy wasn't overrated.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:04 AM 03-14-2022
Well, I don't usually have the black eye and the scar.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:36 PM 03-14-2022
The medical bills are going to need to be paid. You are going to have to sue him. Mine as well get the ball rolling now.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:47 PM 03-15-2022
Update: I'm sending the bicyclist an email now about the costs. But in another interesting twist, a local TV station saw my post on nextdoor and offered to interview me on TV to help find the guy. I had to inform her that we've already found him, but I think this could go very poorly for him if he doesn't swiftly agree to cover my costs. The police also responded that he can get criminal charges for not providing me with the correct contact info.

That said, I'm actually somewhat optimistic that he'll do the right thing. He's kind of got no choice.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:57 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
The medical bills are going to need to be paid. You are going to have to sue him. Mine as well get the ball rolling now.
It isn't just the medical bills but add in the "Pain and suffering" which is a real thing. Make that bastard pay Rainman.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:32 PM 03-15-2022
Interesting story, Rainman. But you're not fooling me.

You and I both know those injuries came from a secret Navy Seal rescue mission in Juarez, Mexico.

You should all know Rain Man almost lost an eye in hand to hand combat fighting off a swarm of drug cartel hitmen. He was able to save the target (an 8 year old girl) despite the rest of his team getting wiped out on the bridge back.

If it weren't for those F-35 Strikes Rain Man woulda lost a little less blood, but hey, you can't tell those Air Force boys shit, amirite?

:-)

Blaming it on a French bicyclist....that's cute. Stay humble, RM.
[Reply]
threebag 05:37 PM 03-15-2022
Update: I'm sending the bicyclist an email now about the costs. But in another interesting twist, a local TV station saw my post on nextdoor and offered to interview me on TV to help find the guy. I had to inform her that we've already found him, but I think this could go very poorly for him if he doesn't swiftly agree to cover my costs. The police also responded that he can get criminal charges for not providing me with the correct contact info.

That said, I'm actually somewhat optimistic that he'll do the right thing. He's kind of got no choice.
Hope it works out better than it has so far. Glad your doing better
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up