ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:14 PM 03-10-2022
I'm really glad you didn't die.

Now can you get back to the car tournament?
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:16 PM 03-10-2022
So that's what an ermine looks like IRL.

But seriously, a French biker?

His sins are far beyond the realm of forgiveness or understanding.

He needs to learn the value of eternal silence.

Existence is an overrated experience for the likes of him.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:19 PM 03-10-2022
Ouch. Glad you came out of that with recoverable damage.

Definitely a bitch move for the guy not to stick around. If that number isn't legit, I'd absolutely report him to the cops and go after him. He's probably local to the area. And I assume you'd recognize him if you saw him again.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:14 PM 03-10-2022
Another reason to hate the French.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:20 PM 03-10-2022
I thought you’d be as attractive as your posts…
[Reply]
chinaski 07:58 AM 03-11-2022
Jeez! Glad you are still with us! I’d be pissed!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:09 AM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Prayers sent.

Gotta admit. I wasn't expecting you to be bald.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:15 AM 03-11-2022
Damn RM - you'll be OK - rub some dirt on it
[Reply]
osumatt 08:29 AM 03-11-2022
Important question - How was the sponge bath? You got one of those right? If not, I think you have a law suit pending on that as well.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:35 AM 03-11-2022
You look exactly how I thought you would look. Including the black eye & stitches. I thought your thumb would be different though.

Get well soon man. Can't believe the guy just got up and left.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:40 AM 03-11-2022
Holy shit ouch Rain Man. Heal Quick.
[Reply]
TLO 09:07 AM 03-11-2022
You need to go to the products thread and read my positive review of the skullshaver pitbull gold pro.
How often do you have to shave with that bad boy? I'm looking into buying.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:26 AM 03-11-2022
Headphones in, music loud, head down ... recipe for disaster. Rest up, Rain
[Reply]
sully1983 09:39 AM 03-11-2022
It was odd. We were down in a heap, and he jumped up, apologizing and saying, "Let me help you up". My legs were tangled in his bike frame and he was actually grabbing my legs until I kicked him away. I was bleeding pretty good.

He stood there for e minute and I looked down and saw my glasses smashed, so I said, "Give me your name and number." He took my cell phone and put information in, which I haven't checked yet to see if it's valid, and said he'd take care of any damage. Then he rode off while I was still trying to get up.

I called my wife to get me to the emergency room and made my way out to the street. A police officer happened to be driving by and stopped, and I ended up with three police cars around me by the time my wife arrived.

So I don't know. He hung around for a few minutes and may or may not have given me his contact info, but it's bad form to leave when the person is still down and bleeding. And man, there was a lot of blood.
good lord that is fucked up on that guy's part to leave you all injured and bloody. Fuck that guy and I am sorry all that horrible shit happened to you. Hope you make a full speedy recovery and kudos the police officers making sure that you were okay while your wife arrived.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:14 AM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Anybody seen bugeater lately?
:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up