ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Stryker 06:36 PM 03-10-2022
Holy cow! Glad you are not hurt worse and in good spirits. Get well soon!
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:47 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
His hoodie coordinates, too!
I change clothes in each room to coordinate with the walls. It takes a lot of time out of my day, but I think it's worth it.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:09 PM 03-10-2022
Did they shave your head in the ER?
Personally if I go to the ER I expect a good shave.

Glad it wasn’t worse and hope you heal up proper.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:34 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It was odd. We were down in a heap, and he jumped up, apologizing and saying, "Let me help you up". My legs were tangled in his bike frame and he was actually grabbing my legs until I kicked him away. I was bleeding pretty good.

He stood there for e minute and I looked down and saw my glasses smashed, so I said, "Give me your name and number." He took my cell phone and put information in, which I haven't checked yet to see if it's valid, and said he'd take care of any damage. Then he rode off while I was still trying to get up.

I called my wife to get me to the emergency room and made my way out to the street. A police officer happened to be driving by and stopped, and I ended up with three police cars around me by the time my wife arrived.

So I don't know. He hung around for a few minutes and may or may not have given me his contact info, but it's bad form to leave when the person is still down and bleeding. And man, there was a lot of blood.
Wow. :-)

And to a certain extent.... people freeze, people panic, or maybe even feel useless standing over you if you're relatively okay..... buuuut, you're bleeding profusely and he just leaves? WTF?

Glad you're okay. that car tournament isn't going to finish itself
[Reply]
Bump 07:41 PM 03-10-2022
glad you are alright Rain Man even though your face looks pretty fucked up. It's also pretty fucked up that he left, seems like grounds for a law suit
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:51 PM 03-10-2022
That looks like movie makeup, what a nasty wound. Glad your ok and can joke about it, looks like it could have had a much worse outcome. Here's to a quick heal...
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:00 PM 03-10-2022
I change clothes in each room to coordinate with the walls. It takes a lot of time out of my day, but I think it's worth it.
Can’t argue with the results.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:01 PM 03-10-2022
important: Was ray lewis around the distracted biker?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:06 PM 03-10-2022
Imagine him telling this story:

Sacre bleu! I was rahdeeng on zee bike trail when out of no where dis man jumps een front of my bycycluh...'e was bleeding all over ze place...turnz out, 'e was de famus Rain Man from ze Chiefs Planeet...I had to get out of zere!

I'm actually pissed about this...and I don't even know you. Keep us posted...glad you seem OK...don't go to sleep for awhile...oh, and get that fucker!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:12 PM 03-10-2022
Anybody seen bugeater lately?
[Reply]
TLO 08:18 PM 03-10-2022
Glad you're ok.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:36 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Did they shave your head in the ER?
Personally if I go to the ER I expect a good shave.

Glad it wasn’t worse and hope you heal up proper.
You need to go to the products thread and read my positive review of the skullshaver pitbull gold pro.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 08:44 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Hmm this is a toughie.
In order of hotness:
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:49 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Hmm this is a toughie.
In order of hotness:
Is this before or after the accident?
[Reply]
cdcox 08:49 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Anybody seen bugeater lately?
I think this guy is more of a snail eater.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up