ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:08 PM 03-10-2022
Jesus RM.

And here I was feeling sorry for myself because my son dove head first into my nose. He even cried because the soft cartilage in my nose hurt his head.

Heal up bud.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:11 PM 03-10-2022
Anyone know where Von Miller was yesterday?
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 05:14 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Would.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:17 PM 03-10-2022
I'm surprised you didn't get a concussion from that RM. Get well dude
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:17 PM 03-10-2022
Glad it wasn’t worse that it is. Sad that it happened at all.

Does his behavior constitute a legal hit and run?
[Reply]
RunKC 05:18 PM 03-10-2022
In 2 months look into fraxel laser for the stitches. You’ll have to go for about 4-5 or so treatments (once a month) but it will do wonders for your scar and will make it hard to notice in time especially since you have light skin.

Source: good friend had a similar accident 8 months ago
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:19 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:

No. He was on a bike.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:20 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No. He was on a bike.
Yeah. Thanks. You can sit quietly now.

Does his behavior on a bike constitute a legal hit and run?
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:23 PM 03-10-2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No. He was on a bike.
Yeah. Thanks. You can sit quietly now.

Does his behavior on a bike constitute a legal hit and run?
I was kind of curious about this. Either way, he shouldn't have left me.

However, one complication is that he was foreign and not an English speaker (French). So he may not have known what to do legally. But still, don't leave a person bleeding on the sidewalk. That should be a universal rule.
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:24 PM 03-10-2022

However, one complication is that he was foreign and not an English speaker (French). So he may not have known what to do legally. But still, don't leave a person bleeding on the sidewalk. That should be a universal rule.
Oh, he was French. That explains a lot.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:24 PM 03-10-2022

Sue his bitch ass

https://www.andersonhemmat.com/color...ng-in-colorado
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:25 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm surprised you didn't get a concussion from that RM. Get well dude
The jury's still out on that one. I never lost consciousness and passed all of the tests in the ER, so I assumed that I was somehow okay. But then I got a weird diffuse headache later in the evening that persists. My wife is keeping an eye on me and said if it's not better tomorrow we'll go back in. But I don't know that they can do anything about it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:27 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
In 2 months look into fraxel laser for the stitches. You’ll have to go for about 4-5 or so treatments (once a month) but it will do wonders for your scar and will make it hard to notice in time especially since you have light skin.

Source: good friend had a similar accident 8 months ago
I might have to check this out depending on the scar. When I went into the ER, the check-in people said, "Oh, you're lucky. We happen to have a plastic surgeon rotating in today, and he's really good at injuries like that." I had two doctors sewing it up, and it was interesting to hear because it was like a clinic where they were talking to each other about the best way to stitch it.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:32 PM 03-10-2022
Wow, RN, sorry to hear/read about this.

First, definitely go to the ER if headaches persist and you start getting dizzy. Concussions are nothing to mess with. Brain trauma is serious business. Better safe than sorry.

Second, I hope you filed a police report? If not, do it immediately. That was hit & run. Bicycles must obey the same laws as other vehicles... state laws in CO have already been posted.

Contact an attorney. The rider is liable for damages. Him fleeing the scene after hitting you was a very bad move.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:38 PM 03-10-2022

He absolutely shouldn’t have left regardless of the possible consequences. That kind of callous disregard is just inexcusable.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up