ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:06 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I would appreciate a formal statement to that effect.
I’ll type it out on innotek letterhead so it looks all official.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:05 AM 04-15-2022
I actually don't know. I'm kind of shocked that he has something to cover it.

I've got umbrella insurance that would cover it, but my impression is that that's something that a homeowner usually has, and I assumed this guy was a renter since he was kind of young. Maybe he's in a condo, but it's a building with a unit number in Lodo that showed up with rentals when I googled it. The insurance person commented that she does a lot of dog bite claims and alluded that this might be her first biker-on-pedestrian claim. That sounds to me like homeowner or umbrella coverage, but I'll just shrug and be happy about it.

Well, yeah, that's a good point.

The insurance agent did comment that I should send a picture of my injuries and she would make an offer on the scar in addition to the hard costs. So that's kind of a win. But then she said that I'm a guy and I'm old, so scars aren't a big deal for people like me like they would be for a "girl". Even if I understand the logic of saying that, it's still a little offputting to have someone actually say it. I make a living with this face. I wooed a woman with this face. This face is in almost every selfie I've ever taken. This face is important to me.
You should have channeled your inner wholeness, and said, “excuse me?” Karen style when she made the crack about you being an old man.

You could say, “you know men can identify as women. There are Bronco fans out here.”
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:21 AM 04-15-2022
KICK HIS ASS SEA... ER RAIN MAN!
[Reply]
Talisman 08:56 AM 04-15-2022
Let him know that he can attach the white surrender flag to the back of the bike. He doesn't have to wave it in front of his face the entire time he's riding.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:01 AM 04-15-2022
Looks like from the picture he knocked your hair off too.. That should be good for a few thousand dollars..
[Reply]
threebag 09:01 AM 04-15-2022
Have you thought about an crazy story you can tell children if they ask

“What happened there?”
[Reply]
DaFace 10:06 AM 04-15-2022
I actually don't know. I'm kind of shocked that he has something to cover it.

I've got umbrella insurance that would cover it, but my impression is that that's something that a homeowner usually has, and I assumed this guy was a renter since he was kind of young. Maybe he's in a condo, but it's a building with a unit number in Lodo that showed up with rentals when I googled it. The insurance person commented that she does a lot of dog bite claims and alluded that this might be her first biker-on-pedestrian claim. That sounds to me like homeowner or umbrella coverage, but I'll just shrug and be happy about it.
Gotcha, I was wondering if it might fall under a homeowner's policy. I suppose it's possible a renter's policy would, similarly, cover it. I have an umbrella policy, but it's always odd what kinds of things are and aren't covered under your "normal" types of insurance.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:32 AM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Have you thought about an crazy story you can tell children if they ask

“What happened there?”
One of my employees suggested a mountain lion attack story, which I kind of like, but ethically I'm not going to frame mountain lions for a crime they did not commit.

I'm pondering something Tour de France-related. That's pretty close.

The scar is kind of Y-shaped, so it could potentially be a bullet. I could honestly say, "It was during the Ukraine-Russia War", because I got the scar during the Ukraine-Russia War. I was just in a different location at the time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:40 AM 05-24-2022
The story isn't completely over yet since my scar is still healing, but I got a check from the Frenchman's insurance company yesterday. It essentially covered my medical costs, replaced my broken glasses, and gave me $4,500 for "pain and suffering". It's about time that the world started paying me for all of the pain and suffering that I've taken over the years.
[Reply]
seclark 11:47 AM 05-24-2022
The story isn't completely over yet since my scar is still healing, but I got a check from the Frenchman's insurance company yesterday. It essentially covered my medical costs, replaced my broken glasses, and gave me $4,500 for "pain and suffering". It's about time that the world started paying me for all of the pain and suffering that I've taken over the years.
Good for you?
sec
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:56 AM 05-24-2022
It's apparent to me that the only REAL way to show the world who's boss.....is to buy enough honey from me to take a bath in and live steam it to your hates while you sip icy cold dr pepper and polish a Chiefs replica Superbowl trophy. It's probably appropriate to eat french fries and french toast, since his smell ass paid for it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:05 PM 05-24-2022
Have you considered sitting on a park bench in the same park with a stick waiting for him to come by again?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:15 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by seclark:
Good for you?
sec
In retrospect I probably wouldn't do it again.

Originally Posted by Iowanian:
It's apparent to me that the only REAL way to show the world who's boss.....is to buy enough honey from me to take a bath in and live steam it to your hates while you sip icy cold dr pepper and polish a Chiefs replica Superbowl trophy. It's probably appropriate to eat french fries and french toast, since his smell ass paid for it.
That's a good idea. I'm debating between that or investing it and losing it all in the stock market like the rest of my savings.

Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Have you considered sitting on a park bench in the same park with a stick waiting for him to come by again?
The nice thing is that I now know that they don't have cameras there.
[Reply]
Talisman 02:58 PM 05-24-2022
Yeah, but did they give you any money to hand out for the pain and suffering other people will endure interacting with your scarred up face?
[Reply]
Camaro 05:15 PM 05-24-2022
Don’t cash the check, scars are worth 6 figures.. gouge the insurance company for atleast 10x more.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up