ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeah, but you should see the other guy.
Rain Man 04:52 PM 03-10-2022
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Attached: Bike Hit 01.jpg (51.3 KB) 
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:53 PM 03-10-2022
SNR admitted to it in a PM.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:54 PM 03-10-2022
He ran you over and then just took off?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:54 PM 03-10-2022
Fly a banner
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:54 PM 03-10-2022
Also, I've seen people looking at their cellphones while riding their bike. Probably what this fucking idiot was doing.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:54 PM 03-10-2022
Oh Shit... Get well soon Mr. Rainman.. Glad you weren't seriously injured...
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:55 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
SNR admitted to it in a PM.
Y'know, he looked like what I imagine SNR to look like. I'll investigate.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:55 PM 03-10-2022
Ouch. That hurts to look at Rain Man.

Guess could have been worse glad your better than you look.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:56 PM 03-10-2022
Ouch! Get well soon!
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:57 PM 03-10-2022
Did that red parka include a Chiefs logo?

Hostile savages all around there.

Pretty brutal scratch...good your OK.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:57 PM 03-10-2022
Damn this is what people look like when they run into my fist at tailgates
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:01 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
He ran you over and then just took off?
It was odd. We were down in a heap, and he jumped up, apologizing and saying, "Let me help you up". My legs were tangled in his bike frame and he was actually grabbing my legs until I kicked him away. I was bleeding pretty good.

He stood there for e minute and I looked down and saw my glasses smashed, so I said, "Give me your name and number." He took my cell phone and put information in, which I haven't checked yet to see if it's valid, and said he'd take care of any damage. Then he rode off while I was still trying to get up.

I called my wife to get me to the emergency room and made my way out to the street. A police officer happened to be driving by and stopped, and I ended up with three police cars around me by the time my wife arrived.

So I don't know. He hung around for a few minutes and may or may not have given me his contact info, but it's bad form to leave when the person is still down and bleeding. And man, there was a lot of blood.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:01 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, actually the other guy got away clean from what I could tell.

I was walking home from the office yesterday on our local bike/running trail. It was a bright clear day, long straight trail, no trees or shadows, and I was wearing a red parka.

A bicyclist came up behind me at high speed, and was either distracted or had his head down to build speed. I had no idea he was approaching until he rode straight into my back, and let me tell you - a 175-lb guy hitting you at 25 mph or so packs a lot of punch.

My face took the brunt of it. So I've got a bunch of stitches (21 - two short of my personal record), a constellation of other abrasions, a headache, and a wicked black eye that's been swollen shut for the past 24 hours.

But seriously - this trail has very high visibility. He should have been able to see me halfway to the horizon. How does someone plow into the only possible thing they could hit?
Same thing happened to my dad too. Fucked him up pretty bad.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:05 PM 03-10-2022
Russell Wilson is officially a suspect
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:05 PM 03-10-2022
Also get well soon!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Up