ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 469
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:05 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Who cares what they say? Have they provided any evidence ? No they have not. Relying on what fans think is a poor analysis. Our fans hated Yost for years and complained loudest about his pen management. Then for two years he had the most ferocious pen ever and suddenly he was a genius on that front.
Literally YEARS of it. Often directly at you when you wander over to the Cardinals thread.

The study demonstrating that a random number generator would've yielded better bullpen management than Matheny. The demonstrations of how immediately the teams defensive runs saved and baserunning runs scored improved when he was jettisoned.

The quotes provided from members of the team demonstrating fissures in the clubhouse due to Matheny playing favorite.

Yes, there's been plenty of evidence. You just plugged your ears to it and, in typical Matheny fashion, just figured that hoping harder would get the job done.

But hey - enjoy him. He's clearly great at this.

You sound like that idiot Cubs fan that was telling Cardinals fans they were biased and not to be trusted when they signed Heyward. I mean hell, what would we know? We only saw it firsthand...

Just keep telling yourself that it was those mean ol' unreasonable Cardinals fans that unfairly besmirched Mikey Dreamboat. Surely he's not just awful at his job.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:11 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't need them to provide proof. I remember it and can provide it.

Oscar Taveras struggled because Matheny handled him poorly, continually giving playing time to crappy veterans instead of Taveras. Same with Kolten Wong.

Statistical analysis of Matheny's bullpen management by third parties revealed it was so bad, he'd be better off selecting names at random.

Multiple bullpen arms got overused, then had their velocity dip, then blew out their elbows (what Scott Barlow is headed towards).

His teams led the league in outs on the basepaths through over-aggressive running consistently in St. Louis.

Mike Matheny did, does, and always will suck.
Ah, beat me to it.

Yeah, the best thing that can happen for a Royals pitcher is to avoid Matheny's circle of trust. Watching him use Barlow for 2 innings on opening day gave me flashbacks to...well, pick a guy really. But I will always maintain that the best example was Jordan Walden.

From April 10 to April 24 he appeared in 10 games. So for the first 2 weeks of the season he was pitching 5 times/wk.

Would you be surprised to learn that he pitched 1 more game and then never again after that?

Relievers are inherently volatile and injury prone, don't get me wrong. I don't hold him responsible for all of their injuries. But watching him grind Kevin Siegrist into a fine powder or seeing Matt Bowman get the call and pitch so obviously in pain that he probably should've tried throwing lefty - the guy's just an idiot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:13 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Royals had a bunch of warning track fence shots this past weekend from the young guns at Kauffman. They put up that FOX trax box that says that would be a home run in 29 out of 30 or 27 out of 30 or 28 out of 30.
Yeah, it's tough.

I follow 'woulditdong' on Twitter and it tells you anytime there's a barrel and how many stadiums it would've gone out of.

I've seen several "29 out of 30s" hit that feed that say Kaufmann is the exception.
[Reply]
sedated 04:22 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Our fans hated Yost for years and complained loudest about his pen management. Then for two years he had the most ferocious pen ever and suddenly he was a genius on that front.
I still contend that those teams were Yost-proof. Can't make pen decisions? Pack it with amazing arms. Can't set a lineup? Give him a lineup that is 1-9 (and the fool still had Escobar at the top every damn day).
[Reply]
BWillie 05:54 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I still contend that those teams were Yost-proof. Can't make pen decisions? Pack it with amazing arms. Can't set a lineup? Give him a lineup that is 1-9 (and the fool still had Escobar at the top every damn day).
Absolutely. Ned was horrible. Tactically and strategically worse than Matheny as far as in game decisions. Mathenys is more of a systemic problem and he wears your team out so arguably worse overall still. At least Yost knew the personalities and how to develop players.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:13 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Literally YEARS of it. Often directly at you when you wander over to the Cardinals thread.

The study demonstrating that a random number generator would've yielded better bullpen management than Matheny. The demonstrations of how immediately the teams defensive runs saved and baserunning runs scored improved when he was jettisoned.

The quotes provided from members of the team demonstrating fissures in the clubhouse due to Matheny playing favorite.

Yes, there's been plenty of evidence. You just plugged your ears to it and, in typical Matheny fashion, just figured that hoping harder would get the job done.

But hey - enjoy him. He's clearly great at this.

You sound like that idiot Cubs fan that was telling Cardinals fans they were biased and not to be trusted when they signed Heyward. I mean hell, what would we know? We only saw it firsthand...

Just keep telling yourself that it was those mean ol' unreasonable Cardinals fans that unfairly besmirched Mikey Dreamboat. Surely he's not just awful at his job.

Good one. I’ve never expressed any opinion on Matheny.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:22 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
And I can’t disagree. Your thesis is hard to counter. In 2014 the Big 3 had the identical line to Kershaw that year. Only, Yost could plug + play them any game he wanted to, back to back in a doubleheader even. That’s a crazy advantage. When they were kaput, he went back to losing 90+

There is much debate on what value a manager really has. I’m of the Billy Beane camp, who said they’re essentially production line managers. The “head of HR” (ie GM) is the root cause of everything
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:42 PM 05-24-2022
Royals had a bunch of warning track fence shots this past weekend from the young guns at Kauffman. They put up that FOX trax box that says that would be a home run in 29 out of 30 or 27 out of 30 or 28 out of 30.
Would it dong is a nice twitter handle to follow.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:02 PM 05-24-2022
MJ with a no doubter
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:09 PM 05-24-2022
MJ with a no doubter
That was pure.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:16 PM 05-24-2022
Someone please explain to our pitchers that walks are not good.....this is getting to be fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:18 PM 05-24-2022
Walks the bases loaded and we wonder how we keep blowing leads????
[Reply]
petegz28 08:20 PM 05-24-2022
Nice, literally just gave them a run to tie the game. In 4 batters no one has had to put the ball into play and they tie the game.......lovely
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:29 PM 05-24-2022
Arizona put turf down because the grass kept dying but they chose turf that looks like its dying grass
[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 PM 05-24-2022
Arizona put turf down because the grass kept dying but they chose turf that looks like its dying grass
Their field is ass. I have been there a few times and it is ass. So is their football field.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 469
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up