ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 295
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:49 PM 04-23-2020
Veach said Reid thinks he is better than Westbrook.

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:52 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
How are people even mad? We haven’t had serious rb talent since Jamaal
Sarcasm or do you seriously not consider Kareem a “serious RB talent”?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:52 PM 04-23-2020
So his dad went to prison for 30 years for “attempted possession of 400g of cocaine”?

I didn't even know attempting to buy drugs was a crime.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:53 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
MY PENIS GOT BIGGER AND IS LEAKING A WHITE, STICKY SUBSTANCE.
wut is happening to me????
Puberty. Nothing to be afraid of. It's all here in this pamphlet:

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 PM 04-23-2020
Wasn't where my head was at, but I'm into it.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:55 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Honestly if he turns into Priest Holmes this offense is truly unstoppable. It’s another piece for Andy to play with. We’re about to see some crazy play calling.
I don't know where Jeremiah thinks he is like Priest Holmes:-)

Not even close. CEH runs a lot like Barry Sanders IMHO. Priest didn't have the speed, quickness nor cutting ability this kid has. Priest had the ability to glide behind a HOF line and read the holes very well. This kid is a "muscled up" Tyreek Hill and that is a very good thing.:-)
[Reply]
farmerchief 10:55 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Anyone give me their best guess? I wasn't ready to give up on any of the above? What happens, moving forward, would you guys say?
Building for now and the future. After this next season, the only RB under contract is Darwin T., well, and Clyde.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:55 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Veach said Reid thinks he is better than Westbrook.

Brett Veach told Andy Reid that Clyde Edwards-Helaire woud remind him of Brian Westbrook. Andy Reid watched him, then called back and said he’s better than Brian.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:55 PM 04-23-2020
I thought the Westbrook comp made more sense given his height and past KR ability. Dude definitely seems like he's more than his combine numbers. Always flashed when I saw LSU play last year.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:56 PM 04-23-2020
Daniel Jerimiah on NFL Network said that he reminds him of Priest Holmes.

If this kid can be as good as Priest....fuck yeah.

They maybe could have traded back a little, but it does look like there will be a run on running backs in round two, so I am good with the selection.

I was thinking it was gonna be him or the Swift kid from Georgia. Seems like all of the defensive talent we were interested in was already gone.

Also, this is a good sign to me that they are confident they can resign Chris Jones. If they were not, surely they would have gone with a DT in this spot.

Also, I like the pick even more after seeing the rest of the AFC West picks in the first round....they are giving up on trying to defend us, they wanna try to outscore us, and I think that plays right into our hands.
[Reply]
prhom 10:56 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Anyone give me their best guess? I wasn't ready to give up on any of the above? What happens, moving forward, would you guys say?
I thought Thompson might struggle to make the roster anyway. He just wasn’t that impressive last year. Williams made some plays, but I don’t think any of us saw him as a guy pushing Damien for playing time. So we had Damien, Washington, Williams and Thompson? My guess is it goes Damien, Clyde, Washington, Williams and Thompson is gone.
[Reply]
TEX 10:57 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Some good, some not so good

Good
Perfect fit for our offense and Andy Reid
Great hands ... Great
Very good route runner
Powerful legs
Think Darren Sproles

Not so good
Swift was still there
Defenders that fit needs were still there
A RB in the 1st round
Not a polished traditional runner
Not a polished blocker

overall
Great at doing what Andy will ask him to do even though taking a RB in the 1st round usually isn't a good idea. #32 is almost the 2nd round though. The main issue is teaching him how to pass block. He is short but very stout so he should be able to.

This isn't the luxury pick that the t.v. guys keep saying. We have legitimate needs on defense. Fills the main need we had on offense.

My head is still sort of reeling.
I agree.
[Reply]
xztop123 10:57 PM 04-23-2020
Rumor is he squats 670. Barkley squats 650. Kareem Hunt was like 500

Most linemen don’t squat 670
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:58 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Daniel Jerimiah on NFL Network said that he reminds him of Priest Holmes.

[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:58 PM 04-23-2020
First RB Reid has ever drafted in the first round. Drafted higher than Westbrook, McCoy and Hunt. Reid and Veach clearly fell in love with him. Ray Rice meets Darren Sproles. LFG!!!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 295
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up