ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 435
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Blick 02:09 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He's just young. He hasn't built up the experience yet to be that consistent all-around pass-rusher/run defender that he probably will become in two or three years.

Heck, Clark's presence on the team just might be exactly what Jones needs to learn how to be a great professional football player.
I hope so.
[Reply]
-King- 02:16 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mack wrecked a hurting Packers OL and made a backup QB who isn't even in GB anymore look horrible bc he held the ball forever. That’s amazing isn’t it?

Mack got paid all that money and didn’t do anything that game when Rodgers came back.

Rodgers took a giant shit on their expensive diety and led a comeback win on one leg.

Context matters
Uh...so exactly like when the Jags were on their 3rd string LT and backup QB?
[Reply]
-King- 02:19 PM 09-16-2019
I think people for some reason think saying he hasn't lived up to expectations yet = he totally sucks which it doesn't. Clark doesn't suck at all. But for his expectations and his pay level, saying things like he's drawing penalties or he drawing double teams doesn't really do it for me. Very high expectations is the price you pay for signing 100mil contracts.
[Reply]
-King- 02:20 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Blick:
It blows my mind that people want to see individual stats above good team defense.
Jesus Christ that's not what people are saying.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:38 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Honey Badger had an awful game. He was solely responsible for the Faders only TD.

I hope he gets his shit together- he looks like Hobo 2.0 out there.
He's exactly like Troy Polamalu. Except tinier, with skinny little legs and zero play-making ability.
[Reply]
eDave 02:39 PM 09-16-2019
Overreaction Planet
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:48 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think people for some reason think saying he hasn't lived up to expectations yet = he totally sucks which it doesn't. Clark doesn't suck at all. But for his expectations and his pay level, saying things like he's drawing penalties or he drawing double teams doesn't really do it for me. Very high expectations is the price you pay for signing 100mil contracts.
and all I'm saying is a two game stretch is nothing to judge on.

for comparison, I posted Mack's stats over the very same two games-and Clark is about the same.
[Reply]
Blick 02:51 PM 09-16-2019
Jesus Christ that's not what people are saying.
Really?

Team defense is better.

People are complaining about Clark's individual impact.

What are people saying then?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:53 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Overreaction Planet
why did I waste so many words trying to explain? This is really all there was to say.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 09-16-2019
This is a narrative that isn't going to go away, 610 is playing into it. They had Bill Maas on today and he basically went the route of "anyone defending him by saying he's being doubled and chipped that's just dumb, if you pay a guy this kind of money I don't care what the offense does he has to make plays or it's a bad deal"

Which then lead to 10 minutes of the hosts talking about how Clark sucks.
[Reply]
-King- 03:11 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Blick:
Really?

Team defense is better.

People are complaining about Clark's individual impact.

What are people saying then?
That they expected Clark to make more of an individual aspect given his 100M contract. It's that simple. You can discuss individual players without it being and indictment on the team overall.

Just like I can say Erving was a terrible run blocker yesterday without it meaning our offense overall was terrible.

People are just being overly defensive over any Frank Clark criticism.
[Reply]
-King- 03:14 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and all I'm saying is a two game stretch is nothing to judge on.

for comparison, I posted Mack's stats over the very same two games-and Clark is about the same.
Like I said, no one is saying that Clark sucks other than SNR and he walked that back. But you can talk about his performance in these two games.

I don't see anyone saying "It's only been 2 games, we can't discuss Mahomes performance yet". Not surprisingly you're only saying that about a player who hasn't been that good so far.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:22 PM 09-16-2019
Like I said, no one is saying that Clark sucks other than SNR and he walked that back. But you can talk about his performance in these two games.

I don't see anyone saying "It's only been 2 games, we can't discuss Mahomes performance yet". Not surprisingly you're only saying that about a player who hasn't been that good so far.
I judge Clark on his body of work. Not just the last two games. Last year, he was one of the best edge players in football, with stats comparable to Mack. He's still that guy. He just doesn't have a sack yet. if you watch him, play after play, you see what a good football player he is. He's absolutely one of the best players on that defense in both games. He just doesn't have the sack stats that make casual fans cream in their jeans.

I'm sure that will come as well.

IF you're judging him poorly on these two games, then you're a SACK STAT guy, in which you're looking at an edge player and saying, " well, if he was 15 sacks for the season, that means he ought to pretty much have one every game". That rarely happens. Sacks tend to come in bunches.

By the end of the season, everybody will be in agreement that Clark is a damned fine player and we're glad to have him.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:35 AM 09-18-2019
well hes doubling Dee Fords production..he has 2 tackles ..Dee Ford has 1..

big improvement in the run defense...doubling Fords production!!@!!!!!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:55 AM 09-18-2019
i dont give a fuck if frank clark ever gets a sack he has already made a difference just by his attitude and his ability to set the edge. its not money what do i care what he is paid
[Reply]
Page 12 of 435
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up