ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 37
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:30 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
FSU
Clemson
AS completely unrealistic as that is, at this point, I could absolutely get behind that.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 11:35 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
AS completely unrealistic as that is, at this point, I could absolutely get behind that.
Both schools were rumored to be interested back when all the conference shuffling started.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:39 AM 12-08-2014
Both schools were rumored to be interested back when all the conference shuffling started.
Arrogance will be the down fall of the big 12. Sooner the better.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:42 AM 12-08-2014
ZERO TEAMS FROM TEXAS

I'd go with teams with huge enrollments. Cincinnati and Central Florida. Central Florida has one of the largest enrollments in the United States. It is a sleeping giant if they can just get momentum to build a football program.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:43 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
ZERO TEAMS FROM TEXAS

I'd go with teams with huge enrollments. Cincinnati and Central Florida. Central Florida has one of the largest enrollments in the United States. It is a sleeping giant if they can just get momentum to build a football program.
This.

I still love Memphis though....I think there is a lot of potential as well.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:48 AM 12-08-2014
I'm actually tired of everyone dogging on the Big 12 for the co-champions thing. If the committee can't think for themselves, then what good is it? Them crowing a co-champion or not should have absolutely no bearing on the selection process. None.

And, think about this. Every other conference plays EIGHT games. EVERYONE in the Big 12 plays NINE. AND, if it was split into divisions like every other conference, it would have set K-State vs Baylor for the championship game, which Baylor won anyway. So I don't quite understand the backlash against Bowlsby and the B12. People on the committee are paid to do critical thinking and see these things. If they can't, the committee has failed CFF.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:50 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
This.

I still love Memphis though....I think there is a lot of potential as well.
21,000 students, very regional school. Bad academics. Terrible football program.

Love it for basketball, hate it for anything else. I would rather have BYU or Colorado State before Memfizz.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:50 AM 12-08-2014
ZERO TEAMS FROM TEXAS

UCF's got a huge enrollment, but it's a commuter school...more of a community college feel to it. Cincy is similar in some ways, but they have much more university pride from their alums.

Neither would be a bad choice given the available options. BYU and Memphis would be the other two that would be worth at least considering.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:52 AM 12-08-2014
Right. I'm saying that that ship has sailed at this point.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:53 AM 12-08-2014
21,000 students, very regional school. Bad academics. Terrible football program.

Love it for basketball, hate it for anything else. I would rather have BYU or Colorado State before Memfizz.
Sounds a little bit like South Carolina when the SEC picked them up. Memphis also has Fed-Ex money...not quite Nike at Oregon, but similar to T. Boone and Oklahoma State.
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:59 AM 12-08-2014
I'm actually tired of everyone dogging on the Big 12 for the co-champions thing. If the committee can't think for themselves, then what good is it? Them crowing a co-champion or not should have absolutely no bearing on the selection process. None.

And, think about this. Every other conference plays EIGHT games. EVERYONE in the Big 12 plays NINE. AND, if it was split into divisions like every other conference, it would have set K-State vs Baylor for the championship game, which Baylor won anyway. So I don't quite understand the backlash against Bowlsby and the B12. People on the committee are paid to do critical thinking and see these things. If they can't, the committee has failed CFF.
Bowlsby went on record saying that head to head would determine the champion. Then, when he thought he could sneak two teams in, he flipped and said there would be co-champions. He tried to have it both ways. Smallest conference, twice as many "champions", duck a CCG, and get an extra off week... The committee isn't going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why should they?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 PM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Bowlsby went on record saying that head to head would determine the champion. Then, when he thought he could sneak two teams in, he flipped and said there would be co-champions. He tried to have it both ways. Smallest conference, twice as many "champions", duck a CCG, and get an extra off week... The committee isn't going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why should they?
Why should the committee take into account if they have a little crown or star next to their name? Like I said, IT SHOULD NOT MATTER to the committee. THey should look at it as two 11-1 teams, look at the resume, that is it. The committee shouldn't give any shits about who is TECHNICALLY crowned conference champion.
[Reply]
Predarat 12:29 PM 12-08-2014
I would be all for expanding the playoffs and making conference championships optional.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:47 PM 12-08-2014

PAC12 plays nine conference games and IIRC they were the first to do it back when it was the PAC10.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:52 PM 12-08-2014
ZERO TEAMS FROM TEXAS

Good luck with that. ASU is similar (in fact has a larger enrollment) and while they have had some very good teams they have been unable to supplant USC, UCLA, or now Oregon as the dominant teams in the conference.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 37
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up