ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 57
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
rico 12:29 AM 01-23-2014
I just finished season 7...was pleased to see Dr. Nathan, I mean Laguerta meet her demise. But should I even bother with season 8? You guys seem so pissed off by it...I am beginning to wonder. Is the brain surgeon killer (who I've heard is pretty interesting in season 8) worth being pissed off at the end? Should I just stop watching?
[Reply]
SLAG 01:26 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
I just finished season 7...was pleased to see Dr. Nathan, I mean Laguerta meet her demise. But should I even bother with season 8? You guys seem so pissed off by it...I am beginning to wonder. Is the brain surgeon killer (who I've heard is pretty interesting in season 8) worth being pissed off at the end? Should I just stop watching?

For me season 8 ruined seasons 5-7

So Yeah I'd be done
[Reply]
rico 02:07 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by SLAG:

So Yeah I'd be done
Ok... now off to a new show... Netflix style. I have no idea what show to go to...hopefully something decent that I haven't seen yet. I heard "Orange is the New Black" is decent. I watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode and all I saw was tits...so, yeah...not a bad start with that show. Is that Kevin Bacon show, "The Following" any good?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by SLAG:

So Yeah I'd be done
This. Just pretend Deb made the other choice.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:38 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
This. Just pretend Deb made the other choice.
I've often thought the same thing. That would have been an incredible ending.

It also would have been kind of nice to send a message that, yes, sometimes serial killers come to bad ends, and that as conflicted as Deb was, she wound up making the right choice in the end.

Instead we got the garbage of Season 8. I never thought the series finale would actually turn out to be the worst episode of that horrific season, but the writers managed to pull it off. I don't even watch reruns of seasons 1-4 any more. Dexter is dead to me.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:40 AM 01-23-2014
Seriously? You were pleased to see Laguerta get killed?

Come on, man. I know she was kind of annoying, but she was one of the few characters in the show that was actually one of the good guys (along with Batista). She didn't deserve to be betrayed and murdered by a fellow cop just because she figured out that Dexter was indeed the Bay Harbor Butcher.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:45 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
I've often thought the same thing. That would have been an incredible ending.

It also would have been kind of nice to send a message that, yes, sometimes serial killers come to bad ends, and that as conflicted as Deb was, she wound up making the right choice in the end.

Instead we got the garbage of Season 8. I never thought the series finale would actually turn out to be the worst episode of that horrific season, but the writers managed to pull it off. I don't even watch reruns of seasons 1-4 any more. Dexter is dead to me.
Yep. For newbies to the series, I always tell them to stop after 4. The ending of season 4 is a good enough place to see Dex change for good or go off the deep end.
[Reply]
kepp 08:12 AM 01-23-2014
Ever watched Supernatural? If not, you should try a few episodes and see if it catches on.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 11:01 AM 01-23-2014
So I thought it was funny that during the Showtime presentation last week, the president of the network said he has no regrets with the way Dexter ended. That the idea of killing off Dexter was never even mentioned.

That is because THE EXECUTIVES MADE IT CLEAR TO THE WRITING ROOM THAT IT WAS NOT AN OPTION YOU ****! Showtime executives wanted a Dexter spin off and the only way to keep that going was keep Dexter alive.

More fun stuff from Showtime: The showrunners at Masters of Sex (which is amazing and you should watch it) had a four season window to tell the story they wanted to tell. Once again, Showtime executives have told them to stretch that out to 6 seasons.

So when Masters of Sex starts spinning its wheels in Season 2, you'll know why.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:05 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
Seriously? You were pleased to see Laguerta get killed?

Come on, man. I know she was kind of annoying, but she was one of the few characters in the show that was actually one of the good guys (along with Batista). She didn't deserve to be betrayed and murdered by a fellow cop just because she figured out that Dexter was indeed the Bay Harbor Butcher.
Laguerta was a fucking cunt. She was one of the most annoying characters on the show.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 01-23-2014
Yeah, sorry man. Worst. Series. Ending. Ever.
I still have yet to watch Season 7 or 8. I probably won't ever.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:09 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I still have yet to watch Season 7 or 8. I probably won't ever.
I say go ahead and watch 7. But something happens at the end of 7... watch 7 and just pretend "the other thing happened," it's a fine ending.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 01-23-2014
I say go ahead and watch 7. But something happens at the end of 7... watch 7 and just pretend "the other thing happened," it's a fine ending.
Is the "villain" shitty in Season 7?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:21 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Is the "villain" shitty in Season 7?
They went downhill progressively from season 4, IMO. 4>5>6>7>8

Without looking it up, I have absolutely zero recollection of who the villain is in that season. Season 7 has a pretty strong hunt for Dex, which ....

Spoiler!

Season 8 has a few moments of hope, but the entire time I felt like we were leading up to a bullshit ending, which if it had only been "bullshit" would have been better than what we got, which was (no hyperbole intended) the worst series ending of any show I've ever seen, bar none.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 11:27 AM 01-23-2014
I would even say season 8 had a chance to be really good with one change:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 47 of 57
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up