ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 57
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:50 PM 12-14-2009
I understand why they don't show more than Dexter plunging the knife or severing the carotid artery, because then you really see the monster. However, I think that killing Lithgow on screen in a protracted scene would have provided the audience with a necessary catharsis. He was a truly evil, evil motherfucker.
[Reply]
Buzzsaw 09:00 PM 12-14-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I was kind of hoping the audience would get the satisfaction of seeing some of the gore of Lithgow getting dismembered, given that he was by far the most heinous of any of Dexter's trophies.
Well he did use a claw hammer, claw side down, to kill him. His normal MO was a blade into the heart, or a garotte for "special occasions" (such as Miguel Prado).
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:09 PM 12-14-2009
I'm talking "on screen violence".
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:20 PM 12-14-2009
I'm really hoping next season explores Masuka and for some reason I'm blanking on the male cop, dated reporter this season's name.

I like both of them and think they could be more developed.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:27 PM 12-14-2009
Quinn.

I have a feeling Quinn's gonna get his world fucked up next year. He's getting too close.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:28 PM 12-14-2009
Quinn.

I have a feeling Quinn's gonna get his world ****ed up next year. He's getting too close.
Really? I mean I can see them setting him up as Doakes Part 2, but still that'd be lame.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:02 PM 12-14-2009
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life:
Wow, I just watched the season finale

My mind is blown away. What an amazing ending to the season.

However, I agree with the earlier comment - I was looking for more gore at the Lithgow scene, but it was probably the first and I hope only time they didn't show it
I agree, but obvious they went easy on the gore as a set up for Rita. Watching the scene now after knowing about Rita means a whole different thing.

I hope Dexter puts this family BS behind him. Serial killers can't have families. Let grrandpa and grandma raise the kids or anyone. He should go full out dark passenger next season.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:46 PM 12-14-2009
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree, but obvious they went easy on the gore as a set up for Rita. Watching the scene now after knowing about Rita means a whole different thing.

I hope Dexter puts this family BS behind him. Serial killers can't have families. Let grrandpa and grandma raise the kids or anyone. He should go full out dark passenger next season.
That's a great question, and it's a testament to the quality of the show that I was thinking about this in the shower today.

He destroys anyone who he comes in contact with. I love the character, but he's basically a terminal illness.

At the same time, he has an obligation to those kids, and there's no way that Deb will allow him to just give them up. He should, but he can't explain why, and thus, he won't be able to.
[Reply]
SLAG 11:37 PM 12-14-2009
The title of the last episode is called the getaway, and what does dexter want when he is on his way home... he wants to get away from his old self..

but what happens he is thrust even more into his old self.... and it is reaffirmed that he is a monster and the source of all the problems... he even agrees that mr. Mitchell is correct... it is fate and his destiny

this was an interesting experience watching it week to week as oppose to all the episodes at once... I miss watching them back to back to back... Damn the show is good

I need to catch up on californication... and I am glad Big Love is about to start as well as Chuck and burn notice....
[Reply]
blazzin311 01:11 AM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by Jilly:
I thought the whole season of Californication was lame until last night. Was the first time I had seen good acting all season out of them.
I fully agree on the majority of the season. I had been quite disappointed in it up until last night for the most part. It really had lacked any sense of general direction this season. I had know idea where they were going with it to be honest. Then in last night's finale it kind of came together a bit.
Hank really did himself in this time. It'll be hard for him to untangle this mess he got into or so I would expect.
[Reply]
KCChiefsMan 02:49 AM 12-15-2009
I just watched the finale. I am completely speechless right now. I'm out of speech.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 12-15-2009
That's a great question, and it's a testament to the quality of the show that I was thinking about this in the shower today.

He destroys anyone who he comes in contact with. I love the character, but he's basically a terminal illness.

At the same time, he has an obligation to those kids, and there's no way that Deb will allow him to just give them up. He should, but he can't explain why, and thus, he won't be able to.
Yeah, I expect the story line to be him trying to be a single Dad and a serial killer next season.
[Reply]
Royal Fanatic 08:13 AM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I disagree. Dexter's internal conflict is what makes the show. If went full out dark passenger it would quickly become a bore.
[Reply]
dpg4zombie 09:45 AM 12-15-2009
Do you possibly think that it was Quinn who killed Rita?? Like a copy cat killer? He does hates Dexter and is broken up about losing his girlfriend. Plus trinity’s timeline doesn’t add up for having time to off Rita.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:53 AM 12-15-2009
Originally Posted by dpg4zombie:
Do you possibly think that it was Quinn who killed Rita?? Like a copy cat killer? He does hates Dexter and is broken up about losing his girlfriend. Plus trinity’s timeline doesn’t add up for having time to off Rita.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 13 of 57
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up