ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:18 AM 07-12-2022
When we took UCF and Houston I suggested the name Big MAC
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:33 AM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yea, I liked the Van Gundy comment during the playoffs to the effect the NCAA was so mad about violations at Kentucky they put Cleveland on probation.

When was this comment?

What violations were they?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:03 AM 07-12-2022
John Canzano:

ESPN AS KINGMAKER:
The Pac-12 Conference’s fate feels like it’s in the hands of ESPN, doesn’t it?

I reached out to the former president of Fox Sports Network, Bob Thompson, this week and asked him to examine the role ESPN will play in the future of the Pac-12. He came back with an analysis I think you need to hear.

ESPN is in an exclusive, 30-day negotiating window with the conference right now. I believe that explains why we’ve had a lull when it comes to realignment news. The conference members are waiting to see what kind of offer the Pac-12 will get.

Said Thompson, “ESPN needs the Pac-12 more than anybody and will likely pay more than anyone else. They like West Coast windows for football. They like basketball inventory and they might actually be able to make something out of the Pac-12 Networks. They also need content for ESPN+.”

A few things to think about, per Thompson:

• The Pac-12 will survive if ESPN reaches an agreement with the conference during this negotiating window that ensures the 10 remaining universities have a reasonable annual payout going forward.

• If ESPN’s initial offer is a lowball to the Pac-12, Thompson expects it could cause a few members to bolt or at least prompt them to seriously explore other options.

• Thompson negotiated dozens of these kinds of deals with a variety of conferences in his career. He said that ESPN may decide to make a shrewd offer to the Pac-12, knowing that it if it’s rejected, the conference is likely to fall apart and have a handful of members end up with the Big 12.

“ESPN,” he said, “can then go after those rights buoyed by the fact that they have $$$ in their pocket that they didn't pay the Pac 12.”

• The whole Pac-12 + ACC alliance makes Thompson leery. He believes the concept was hatched as a way to funnel some extra dollars to ACC members who have grown restless with the terms of the conference’s current media rights deal.

Said Thompson: “It seems to me the play is that somehow the ACC Network serves both conferences and replaces Pac-12 Networks ultimately increasing the payout from ESPN to the ACC.”

• The whole thing feels similar to the summer of 2011, Thompson remembers, when the Pac-12 tried to raid six schools from the Big 12. The hang-up then was Longhorn Network — the University of Texas media creation — which the Pac-12 didn’t want.

Said Thompson: “Fox and ESPN stepped up and didn't give the Big 12 a haircut on their rights fees as a result of Colorado and Nebraska leaving. This basically kept the Big 12 from cratering that summer.”

• It’s interesting that the Pac-12 tried once before to kill the Big 12, isn’t it? A decade later (2021), Texas and Oklahoma bolted to the SEC. At the time, per sources, the Big 12 floated a potential merger with the Pac-12. It was rejected. Now, a year later, the script is flipped. After the defection of USC and UCLA, the Big 12 might love nothing more than to cannibalize 4-6 more schools from the Pac-12 and squash it.

Fox has the Big Ten Conference and appears content with that partnership. Insiders don’t view them as a likely bidder for the Pac-12 right now. Not unless there’s some kind of merger with the Big 12 or other shape-shifting change. So that leaves ESPN holding the biggest vote when it comes to the fate of the Pac-12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 AM 07-12-2022
Time to join the Pac-12 lol
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:21 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Yea, I liked the Van Gundy comment during the playoffs to the effect the NCAA was so mad about violations at Kentucky they put Cleveland on probation

Originally Posted by ROYC75:
When was this comment?

What violations were they?
During the NBA playoffs, a bench player got a technical for some mild complaining even though starters were getting away with way worse.

I think Draymond Green might have already had a T(?) and the refs didn't want to eject him so they T'ed up a nobody for a nothing infraction.

But anyway he was making (quoting?) an analogy and I don't know the history on that.
[Reply]
Coach 02:03 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Lol. Being the SEC’s sloppy 4ths is your only chance of staying relevant. Especially looking down the barrel of 5 level one violations.
Originally Posted by Coach:
5 level one violations? I was not aware that K-State was caught cheating. If so, I'm very disappointed that we didn't even win a national championship at that if we were actually cheating and got caught.

By the way, we'll see you in September in Manhattan. Be prepared.
Ooooh... you definitely didn't come prepared, Mizzou. Safe to say y'all got your asses handed back to you in a silver platter.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:12 PM 09-10-2022
Who cares who wins on the field. Mizzouche went to the SEC and that’s what matters to fans
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:55 PM 09-10-2022
I think KU would boat race Moo in football.

Hope the money was worth total irrelevance.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:01 PM 09-10-2022
Bitch beat off to the game no doubt
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 06:44 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I think KU would boat race Moo in football.

Hope the money was worth total irrelevance.
KU boat racing WVU! :-) KU Football > MU Football
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:24 AM 09-11-2022
KU football looking respectable.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:40 AM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
KU football looking respectable.

You know getting good at football, well let's just say now is a really really good time for that to happen.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:42 AM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I havent watched 5 min of your games since you left. Life is too short to waste on Mizzouche sports.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:40 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Enjoy getting smoked by KSU?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
Up