ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 36
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 04:25 PM 03-29-2022
the second it gets announced do yourself a favor and buy a shit hole house as close as you can.

You should see what happened to the real estate market in Inglewood, CA after Sofi went up.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:29 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So I have never been to Mile High but drove by it a few times but it is almost 35-45 minutes from the airport to the stadium. Looking at Google Maps all the hotels are east and they are about 1.5 miles -2 miles away. There is alot of hotels that far away from Arrowhead to.

So quit whining :-)
The train from the airport gets you downtown in about 40 minutes and costs $10. You then have your choice of probably 50 hotels and 200 restaurants. Then, to get to the game it's about a 10-minute ride on light rail that will cost you $3.

And even then, I wouldn't hold Mile High up as a model of accessibility either. A better guide post for what you WANT it to be like would be Coors Field, which is in downtown itself and has a ton of amenities literally across the street.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:32 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The train from the airport gets you downtown in about 40 minutes and costs $10. You then have your choice of probably 50 hotels and 200 restaurants. Then, to get to the game it's about a 10-minute ride on light rail that will cost you $3.
Anyone outside of KC city limits would call this a waste of money
[Reply]
Woogieman 04:33 PM 03-29-2022
I would gladly pay pay a tax increase just so that I never have to hear someone say "I got two 50 yard line tickets at The Oz" or call Andy Reid "The Wizard of Oz". :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:33 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Katipan:
One train from the airport and that 2 mile walk gets you everything downtown. From amusement parks to 11,000 hotel rooms, none of which have a motel or super in their name, and 200 restaurants.

The comparison is a little silly.

Yeah KC though isn't known for it's public transit and that isn't going to change anytime soon. If they would move the stadium out in Kansas you would still have to drive because Kansas isn't going to build a train that is for sure.
[Reply]
burt 04:54 PM 03-29-2022
I will always be firmly in the "keep it at Arrowhead" camp, but I'll admit that it's a giant pain in the ass to visit for a game if you don't want to rent a car. All of the hotels near the stadium are overpriced roach motels, there's not a restaurant in sight other than fast food and a Denny's, and getting a cab out of there after a game takes at least an hour. I know that's not how the locals look at it, but there's no question it'd be nicer for some of us if it was a little more convenient.
You want to come catch a Chiefs game, I will uber you for free. Let me know when! We could put on the chiefs magnets and window flags too.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 04:54 PM 03-29-2022
Arrowhead is arguably the second most iconic venue in the league and one of the greatest assets this franchise has.

Would hate to see it torn down simply to replace it with another mega boring domed monstrosity with no atmosphere.

Hard pass.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:01 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Roof isn't the only thing. You must have the restaurants and hotels in the area of the stadium to be considered as well.
What you're too good for Adam's Mark and Best Western? They both have perfectly adequate restaurants, I assume.

Although it seems like Rookies is no more? Sad. What was that bar X-factor liked to hang out at? I'm sure the Super Bowl crowd will love that.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:03 PM 03-29-2022
I will always be firmly in the "keep it at Arrowhead" camp, but I'll admit that it's a giant pain in the ass to visit for a game if you don't want to rent a car. All of the hotels near the stadium are overpriced roach motels, there's not a restaurant in sight other than fast food and a Denny's, and getting a cab out of there after a game takes at least an hour. I know that's not how the locals look at it, but there's no question it'd be nicer for some of us if it was a little more convenient.
This. Also for people who want to get hammered and not have to worry about driving home.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:10 PM 03-29-2022
Great. Now all the morons who refer to them as the "Kansas Chiefs" will actually be right.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:19 PM 03-29-2022
Actually, this thread title is misleading.

It says, they're getting stadium inquiries from Kansas.

Not that they're considering, potentially building, or even imagining in an active sense.

To quote the immortal bard, "Much Ado About Nothing" going on here.
[Reply]
jettio 05:29 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Speedway and Legends works way better for that. New Chiefs Stadium, Speedway, Sporting, Amphitheater and American Royal all in the general area would make sense for a mixed development that can attract business year around.
I'll see that when I believe it.

https://www.flatlandkc.org/news-issu...h-kansas-city/

Seems like Cerner is selling its Legends campus. That is enough office space for that part of the metro for the next 60 years.
[Reply]
srvy 05:37 PM 03-29-2022
It's just a shot over the bow they won't ever leave KCMO. They are preparing that when the lease is up better to be as focused on their needs as they have shown for royals baseball downtown.

It would take some of the most unusual circumstances for the Chiefs to leave the state. Jackson County and KCMO are just the sort of lame brains to do it though.
[Reply]
Dayze 05:43 PM 03-29-2022
I'm always fascinated with this topic; no sarcasm.
possible locations, scenarios etc...it's all very interesting to me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:49 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Roof isn't the only thing. You must have the restaurants and hotels in the area of the stadium to be considered as well.
Tampa Bay and Miami stadiums are no where near the entertainment districts and nice hotels in their cities. That’s 2/3 of the last SB’s.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 36
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up