ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 467 of 469
« First < 367417457463464465466467 468469 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:10 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You met George ****in Brett BWillie? And you're just gonna make a passing mention of it as an aside. Weak, bro.

Start a new thread in the lounge entitled "I met George Brett and this one weird thing happened" and you'd get literally millions of views. Instead you're hiding your best stories like some sort of squirrel storing up those acorns for the winter.
I met George Brett, probably a hundred times. I used to bartend at a place he used to come into on the plaza a lot. So often, he and Leslie knew my name. (then, that was the late 90's, I'm sure they would not remember me now.)

It's not a big deal. I met all the 90's Chiefs, and a lot of them knew me by name, too. Derrick and all of them. Marcus Allen. Lots of them. Cal Ripken Jr., too, right when he was about to break the streak. Joe Montana. That was cool, nobody recognized him for like...hours. Except me, obviously. He was much smaller than you'd think.

Anyway, when you live in the city, you see famous people sometimes. It's not a big deal.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:55 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I met George Brett, probably a hundred times. I used to bartend at a place he used to come into on the plaza a lot. So often, he and Leslie knew my name. (then, that was the late 90's, I'm sure they would not remember me now.)

It's not a big deal. I met all the 90's Chiefs, and a lot of them knew me by name, too. Derrick and all of them. Marcus Allen. Lots of them. Cal Ripken Jr., too, right when he was about to break the streak. Joe Montana. That was cool, nobody recognized him for like...hours. Except me, obviously. He was much smaller than you'd think.

Anyway, when you live in the city, you see famous people sometimes. It's not a big deal.
Did Marty have a preference for one of your co-workers?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:27 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Did Marty have a preference for one of your co-workers?
I never saw Marty. But Carl Peterson was a huge ****ing asshole, I know that's shocking.

Steve Deberg came in once while he was a Giants coach. He was awesome. Great guy!
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:29 AM 12-28-2022

Royals Designate Ryan O'Hearn For Assignment https://t.co/J2h9Yd0MKO pic.twitter.com/sZe5ws49Yk

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) December 28, 2022

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:38 AM 12-28-2022
Now will come the part where no one wants to trade for him, he passes through waivers unclaimed, and he ends up back in the Royals minor league system...
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
They couldn't have done that earlier so they could have had a rule 5 pick?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:41 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They couldn't have done that earlier so they could have had a rule 5 pick?
He's also guaranteed $1.4 million if he clears waivers and opts to return to the Royals minors.

My understanding is that under the new labor deal, deals for arbitration-elgible players like O'Hearn's are now guaranteed, which makes this even more of a head-scratcher?

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) December 28, 2022

[Reply]
Mecca 10:44 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
He's also guaranteed $1.4 million if he clears waivers and opts to return to the Royals minors.

So the Royals have no idea what they are doing, good to know.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:25 AM 12-28-2022
Being reported that Greinke is now trending “out of the Royals price range.”

If this was the “massive investment in return” that Sherman was promising when asking for the Kansas City taxpayers to fund the stadium, I’m not impressed.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:38 AM 12-28-2022
It is time

[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Being reported that Greinke is now trending “out of the Royals price range.”

If this was the “massive investment in return” that Sherman was promising when asking for the Kansas City taxpayers to fund the stadium, I’m not impressed.
They're literally sitting there with their thumbs up their asses expecting a new coaching staff to work miracles as they expect to get a new stadium...
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:10 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Now will come the part where no one wants to trade for him, he passes through waivers unclaimed, and he ends up back in the Royals minor league system...
You are probably right.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...ssignment.html

Originally Posted by :
At the non-tender deadline in mid-November, he and the club avoided arbitration by agreeing to a $1.4MM salary for the upcoming campaign. In previous years, arbitration salaries were not guaranteed until the end of Spring Training, giving the club some wiggle room to cut the player before the season began and only pay out a portion of the deal. However, under the new CBA, arbitration salaries are guaranteed as long as the two sides don’t go to a hearing.
Originally Posted by :
The Royals will now have one week to trade O’Hearn or try to pass him through waivers. Since O’Hearn has more than three years of MLB service time, he would have the right to reject an outright assignment in the event he cleared waivers. However, he lacks the five years of service time necessary to both reject an outright assignment and retain his salary for the upcoming season, meaning he would have to leave that $1.4MM on the table in order to become a free agent. Given his struggles in recent years, it seems possible that he will clear waivers and accept an outright assignment, sticking around the organization with a slightly higher salary than a traditional depth piece.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:13 PM 12-28-2022
It is time

Over the last 3 years he has a 107 wRC+ which would be 3rd on the royals behind Salvy 119 and Beni 114. He’s a superior hitter to ROH obv and will be league Min salary. And if ROh and Dozier and MJ can play corner Of, so can The Hoz
[Reply]
lewdog 04:15 PM 12-28-2022
Getting a bunch of return scrubs so we can lose 101 games while trying to build a downtown stadium.

I expect nothing less.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:18 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Getting a bunch of return scrubs so we can lose 101 games while trying to build a downtown stadium.

I expect nothing less.
“I’m also available. I’m talking to you Lewdog”

[Reply]
Page 467 of 469
« First < 367417457463464465466467 468469 >
Up