ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 465 of 469
« First < 365415455461462463464465 466467468469 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Trevor Bauer never committed any crimes, just got extorted by a criminal. It cost him a lot of rep points and accordingly, he probably can't act like the belle of the ball in choosing his next team. I believe the Dodgers still have his rights but they want him gone bad and would probably give him up for anything. The Royals could be a reasonable destination. I say bring him in. Not kidding.

ETA: I bring this up because Bauer's ridiculous suspension got erased and now he's an active player again.
I was gonna say I'd be all over that, but then I looked at his contract. He only has a year left and that year it really expensive. It's probably double our payroll! Jk kinda. If the Dodgers would send cash then I would take him.

Chances are almost zero of the Royals making the playoffs, so there is no need of paying a guy a ton of money when we're not going anywhere and Sherman would 100% not take that contract on.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:49 PM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I was gonna say I'd be all over that, but then I looked at his contract. He only has a year left and that year it really expensive. It's probably double our payroll! Jk kinda. If the Dodgers would send cash then I would take him.

Chances are almost zero of the Royals making the playoffs, so there is no need of paying a guy a ton of money when we're not going anywhere and Sherman would 100% not take that contract on.
The Royals could get Bauer for 200K and a bag of balls. He is persona non grata in the league, and they play in LA where persona means more than anything else. I think he would be amenable to coming here and I think he would thrive, goddamnit.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:07 PM 12-23-2022

Introducing our 2023 coaching staff. pic.twitter.com/Dm5SpyYplV

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) December 23, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 02:20 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Zumwalt is the goat but I think he is of more value working with minor leaguers. MLB guys dont listen to hitting coaches like Milb guys do. I played golf with one of George Bretts buddies who played on Royals in 1985 year and hes like nobody listens to the hitting coach, ever.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:23 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Zumwalt is the goat but I think he is of more value working with minor leaguers. MLB guys dont listen to hitting coaches like Milb guys do. I played golf with one of George Bretts buddies who played on Royals in 1985 year and hes like nobody listens to the hitting coach, ever.
You met George fuckin Brett BWillie? And you're just gonna make a passing mention of it as an aside. Weak, bro.

Start a new thread in the lounge entitled "I met George Brett and this one weird thing happened" and you'd get literally millions of views. Instead you're hiding your best stories like some sort of squirrel storing up those acorns for the winter.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:26 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You met George ****in Brett BWillie? And you're just gonna make a passing mention of it as an aside. Weak, bro.

Start a new thread in the lounge entitled "I met George Brett and this one weird thing happened" and you'd get literally millions of views. Instead you're hiding your best stories like some sort of squirrel storing up those acorns for the winter.
He didn't meet George Brett. He said he met one of George's buddies. He should have said he met an ex royals player, but he's trying to make it sound more credible by saying it was one of George's friends that said it. He's full of shit probably.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:29 PM 12-23-2022
They kept Vance Wilson?!???!! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He didn't meet George Brett. He said he met one of George's buddies. He should have said he met an ex royals player, but he's trying to make it sound more credible by saying it was one of George's friends that said it. He's full of shit probably.
Well I dont like to name drop or tell any of the stories he told me to anyone cuz probably wouldn't want me to. Some funny shit he told me. He was a backup infielder in the 85 squad.
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:25 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well I dont like to name drop or tell any of the stories he told me to anyone cuz probably wouldn't want me to. Some funny shit he told me. He was a backup infielder in the 85 squad.
Backup infielder for 1985 Kansas City Royals -

Buddy Biancalana, Bob Hegman, or Jim Scranton
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:12 PM 12-23-2022
I have a golf story that will put Bwillies dan quisenberry stories to shame. So I'm on clairmont, a 9 hole course in Portland that isn't even reknowned. No one really plays there. It's more of a finesse course than a driving course and the young kids love their drivers, so they don't come.

For that reason, I expected my 2some of me and the late Robbbie to be just that: a 2some. But no, we got paired up and so were a 4some.

Real old guy, one of our new pair. But my guy Robbie recognized him immediately. It was the OG founder of the Blazers. The NBA team. He told tales.

I cant imagine he is still alive.
[Reply]
srvy 04:32 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Backup infielder for 1985 Kansas City Royals -

Buddy Biancalana, Bob Hegman, or Jim Scranton
Greg Pryor?
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:42 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
They kept Vance Wilson?!???!! :-)
That surprised me.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:25 PM 12-23-2022

Right handed reliever Nick Wittgren has signed with the Royals. It is a minor league contract with an invite to Big League Camp.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 24, 2022

[Reply]
Bowser 06:29 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Dozier had better stats than Moose

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Wilson8 06:37 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Greg Pryor?
You are very probably right.
[Reply]