ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 369 of 469
« First < 269319359365366367368369 370371372373379419 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 03:18 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If he's so versatile why can't he play anything else other than 1B?
He can play corner OF...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:30 PM 08-31-2022
If he's so versatile why can't he play anything else other than 1B?
:-)

His best position is obviously first base. He brings GG caliber defense there. He can also play the corner OF spots when needed. You do realize he has started 8 games in the outfield of the 39 he has played up here, right?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:33 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Haven’t followed much lately. Aside from Melendez, Pratto, and Pasquantino, are any of the new guys worth getting excited about?

Seems like there’s a new name every day.
I'd pay attention to Michael Massey. He's a great glove at 2B with Merrifield type upside at the dish (high average, lots of double, surprising power).

Isbel is probably a 4th OF type.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:38 PM 08-31-2022
That doesn't sound so great for Tony LaRussa.

Following a medical evaluation this morning, Chicago White Sox Manager Tony La Russa now is scheduled over the coming days to undergo additional testing in Arizona by his personal physicians. His absence from the club will be indefinite pending the results of these evaluations.

— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 31, 2022

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:48 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Haven’t followed much lately. Aside from Melendez, Pratto, and Pasquantino, are any of the new guys worth getting excited about?

Seems like there’s a new name every day.
Michael Massey at 2nd
Drew Waters in Outfield
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:53 PM 08-31-2022
MJ back tonight

Kris Bubic heads to the mound in Chicago tonight against the White Sox.#TogetherRoyal pic.twitter.com/RV44ARIcgQ

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) August 31, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 05:31 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

His best position is obviously first base. He brings GG caliber defense there. He can also play the corner OF spots when needed. You do realize he has started 8 games in the outfield of the 39 he has played up here, right?
Obviously the org doesn't really want him out there. He's an athletic guy. It always pissed me off when Hosmers arm and athleticism was wasted at 1B. They tried Hoz in the OF as well and he basically pouted out there. 1B is where you put the fat guy.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:41 PM 08-31-2022
How the hell did the Orioles manage to surpass KC despite being similarly awful as recently as a year ago?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:42 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'd pay attention to Michael Massey. He's a great glove at 2B with Merrifield type upside at the dish (high average, lots of double, surprising power).

Isbel is probably a 4th OF type.
Not much potential for Waters?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:12 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He can play corner OF...
I think he can too. He made a great running catch in the alley dead sprint, I was shocked to hear the PA announce it was him. And I’m generally not a fan of musical chairs for defense

Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How the hell did the Orioles manage to surpass KC despite being similarly awful as recently as a year ago?
It’s a question that the FO should be asked. Esp in the AL Beast
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:35 PM 08-31-2022

They tanked on purpose and the primary separator is that they have done a really good job developing arms.

Keep in mind they’re doing all this without Grayson Rodriguez, the top pitching prospect headed into 2022, who was expected to be up in May or June.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:22 PM 08-31-2022
Better drafting, better pitching development, better coaching (at the ML level).

I’d say that about sums it up.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:25 PM 08-31-2022
Obviously the org doesn't really want him out there. He's an athletic guy. It always pissed me off when Hosmers arm and athleticism was wasted at 1B. They tried Hoz in the OF as well and he basically pouted out there. 1B is where you put the fat guy.
I think Pratto is just happy to be up here. He’ll play wherever Matheny pencils him in at. OF, 1B, DH, whatever.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:40 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I swear to God, he's the dumbest motherfucker in this thread.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:41 PM 08-31-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They tanked on purpose and the primary separator is that they have done a really good job developing arms.

Keep in mind they’re doing all this without Grayson Rodriguez, the top pitching prospect headed into 2022, who was expected to be up in May or June.
As opposed to the Royals, who tried their damnest to win and just flat out sucked shit.
[Reply]
Page 369 of 469
« First < 269319359365366367368369 370371372373379419 > Last »
Up