ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3787 of 3903
« First < 2787328736873737377737833784378537863787 3788378937903791379738373887 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:10 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
FWIW my 6 and 8 year olds have had no side effects from the pediatric Pfizer 1st dose.
Have you put them near BEP to see if she has a reaction to their spike protein shedding?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:44 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
How long after getting a Moderna or Pfizer booster do you realize the benefits of it? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.
The first vaccination was something like 21 days to full magic power, wasn't it? I assume it would be like that where you inch up every day.

I finally got a booster appointment. The governor signed something that basically authorized everyone to get it, whereas I was initially outside the scope. But for some reason it's two weeks away. I would've thought I could get in immediately.
[Reply]
TLO 11:48 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The first vaccination was something like 21 days to full magic power, wasn't it? I assume it would be like that where you inch up every day.

I finally got a booster appointment. The governor signed something that basically authorized everyone to get it, whereas I was initially outside the scope. But for some reason it's two weeks away. I would've thought I could get in immediately.
2 weeks after your second dose you were considered fully vaccinated with Pfizer and Moderna.

I think it was also 2 weeks after the single J&J shot
[Reply]
TLO 11:50 AM 11-17-2021
From the NY Times

F.D.A. Plans to Authorize Pfizer Boosters for All Adults This Week

Regulators are set to clear extra doses of Pfizer-BioNTech’s vaccine as soon as Thursday, after states began expanding eligibility on their own.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:50 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Here in Iowa we're eligible if we work in a situation where we can't always social distance. Also, since it's rural Iowa, so few people actually get vaccinated that we can just walk-in and get a booster at the local pharmacy if we want.
[Reply]
TLO 11:51 AM 11-17-2021

“If the vaccines work so well, why do we need a third dose?”

Oh, I don’t know… Maybe because a lot of vaccines work that way? pic.twitter.com/FDMKaykSTh

— Chise ���������� MFF (@sailorrooscout) November 17, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 11:55 AM 11-17-2021
Estimates were obtained using the Kaplan-Meier estimator starting from day 7 after receipt of the third dose, in those who received it.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:42 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
I have a couple questions for those that have taken the shot.

* would you continue to take boosters if they are recommended every 6 months
* would you continue to take boosters after getting Covid?
* at what point would you stop taking boosters?

Just honest questions trying to figure out what the limit is and how long you would endure this for?
So I just got my booster at CVS pharmacy. They let me sign up without asking for eligibility before they knew which zip code I was going to search on. They only knew my date of birth and I'm in my 50's. (And I was in California but I signed up for a CVS in Kansas because I was traveling soon.)

I was going to get a flu shot anyway so there was no extra hassle in getting the covid shot. When I got my second shot, my only reaction was slight arm soreness, so I saw no down side to getting a booster. And as I expected, this time around, my only reaction was slight arm soreness.

So if it slightly reduces my chance of getting sick. Great. Again, for me, no down side. If I was getting headaches from the shot, maybe I would have to think about that. And I was getting a flu shot anyway.

So I would be fine with taking a booster every year with my flu shot if it added a slight benefit. Getting even a mild case of covid would be a drag. And who knows, maybe even mild cases of covid might have some chance of long term health consequences. I don't see any reason to think taking the booster has long term health consequences.

I guess if I have to think about an extra trip six months from now just for a booster shot, I would have to think about it. But signing up on the web was easy and I was in and out quickly. All fast and easy. So it wouldn't take much benefit to convince me to get boosters every six months.

Secondarily, would you support:

* a lockdown like Austria where unvaccinated cannot leave their house unless they are doing something essential like getting food.
* a lockdown like France and Italy where you can’t go to the grocery store or any essential unless you have a vaccine passport.
* a lockdown like Israel where they consider 3 doses vaccinated and 2 doses unvaccinated to be able to get around / participate in society.
* a lockdown like Australia where they barely allow the vaccinated to do things and arrest people without masks in public or outside their 5 mile radius.

Would make a poll but id rather just discuss it with people that haven’t gotten banned from this thread lol.
This has been beaten to death. But to have a society, you have to have social norms, rules, regulations, and laws. I don't disagree with those societies right to be heavy handed. As has been pointed out many times: the unvaccinated are disproportionately using up ICU beds and medical resources and their actions affect other people.

Societies require vaccinations to attend schools. They require helmets to ride motorcycles. It sucks when the State has to use a heavy hand but I don't knee jerk disagree with the approach.
[Reply]
carlos3652 05:14 PM 11-17-2021
BTW, my questions have no right or wrong answer, just wanted to know your opinion. It was not meant to shit on the opinion at all. Those countries are currently experiencing that... obviously we are not. Just trying to get a take on IF it comes to that here, would you support. Thats all, no malice, no gotcha moment, no I told you so's... just curious.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:04 PM 11-17-2021
BTW, my questions have no right or wrong answer, just wanted to know your opinion. It was not meant to shit on the opinion at all. Those countries are currently experiencing that... obviously we are not. Just trying to get a take on IF it comes to that here, would you support. Thats all, no malice, no gotcha moment, no I told you so's... just curious.
I don't know that I'd go crazy calling for mandates to be put in place, but I also struggle to understand the angst about it. It's not like they're unprecedented (e.g., vaccines for kids in schools, regional vaccine requirements for travel), and there are plenty of other health restrictions that people don't think twice about (e.g., shirts and shoes in stores, physicals to drive a semi truck, eye exams to be able to drive a car).

It just doesn't seem that unreasonable to me for there to be vaccine requirements in places where someone could spread he disease to others. Yes, I fully understand that some people view vaccines as the most evil thing ever created, but logically I can't wrap my mind around why it's such a huge deal.
[Reply]
TLO 06:14 PM 11-17-2021
Our cases are through the roof again. I seriously thought after Delta fucked us sideways we might be finished.

Guess not.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:17 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Our cases are through the roof again. I seriously thought after Delta fucked us sideways we might be finished.

Guess not.

[Reply]
TLO 07:00 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I assumed we burnt through all the available people out there this summer.

Clearly not.
[Reply]
TLO 07:02 PM 11-17-2021
I'm going to quit assuming that we're ever going to stop having outbreaks. I just don't know if it's even plausible anymore.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:19 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm going to quit assuming that we're ever going to stop having outbreaks. I just don't know if it's even plausible anymore.
I'd kind of like to see a scorecard. Maybe it's out there, but I'm too lazy to look.

We have 330 million Americans. Can we divide them into these groups?

Vaccinated, boosted, and had Covid
Vaccinated boosted, haven't had Covid
Vaccinated, not boosted, and had Covid
Vaccinated, not boosted, haven't had Covid
Unvaccinated and had Covid
Unvaccinated and haven't had Covid
[Reply]
Page 3787 of 3903
« First < 2787328736873737377737833784378537863787 3788378937903791379738373887 > Last »
Up