ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 36
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:01 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Any firearm that has a powder charge has to be treated as a real weapon, meaning you treat it as a loaded weapon and don't fucking point it at people.

I can't imagine this is like the Crow, where Lee was killed when a bullet had accidentally lodged in a revolver barrel and was then propelled into his body when the same gun was fired at him in a scene. But in what scene would a gun be pointed at the cinematographer? Seems more likely that Baldwin was goofing off with the gun. Also, there should be a prop guy overseeing firearms on set. I wonder where he was when this happened.
Any prop guy has a life and death duty to check each and every weapon being fired on set that day

Lets be honest... how hard is it to check the chamber and barrel for obstructions?
[Reply]
wazu 11:04 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If anyone, the fault lies with whomever was responsible for gun safety on the set.
Isn't every individual responsible for this on their own to some degree? I can't imagine pointing a gun that I knew was unloaded at somebody. Is there somebody on set who is supposed to be running around reinforcing this common sense?
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:06 PM 10-21-2021
How do you hit 2 people? Wouldn’t you have to fire twice? If it’s a blank, it really shouldn’t go through 1 person. Just odd to me.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:06 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Ooooops

[Reply]
DaFace 11:08 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Isn't every individual responsible for this on their own to some degree? I can't imagine pointing a gun that I knew was unloaded at somebody. Is there somebody on set who is supposed to be running around reinforcing this common sense?
There is usually a guy whose entire job is to keep the guns on set safe. Someone fucked up.
[Reply]
oldman 11:13 PM 10-21-2021
Any firearm that has a powder charge has to be treated as a real weapon, meaning you treat it as a loaded weapon and don't ****ing point it at people.

I can't imagine this is like the Crow, where Lee was killed when a bullet had accidentally lodged in a revolver barrel and was then propelled into his body when the same gun was fired at him in a scene. But in what scene would a gun be pointed at the cinematographer? Seems more likely that Baldwin was goofing off with the gun. Also, there should be a prop guy overseeing firearms on set. I wonder where he was when this happened.
I can see a rehearsal where the cinematographer tried to get a shot (no pun) from straight on, but how did the director get injured? The only way I can think of is that it wasn't a "blank" or there was a malfunction of the weapon. I admit the only blanks I've ever seen were for a starter's pistol, but I don't think the wad flew very far.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:19 PM 10-21-2021
Any firearm that has a powder charge has to be treated as a real weapon, meaning you treat it as a loaded weapon and don't ****ing point it at people.

Maybe he was pointing it at the camera. Sounds like the prop gun malfunctioned and came apart and she got hit by some projectile that came out of it.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...fe-1235094931/
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:25 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yes, there are supposed to be professionals there to ensure this doesn't happen... incidents like this are pure dereliction of duty on their part

Baldwin is an arrogant asshole, but this isn't his fault
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:28 PM 10-21-2021
Lol
Attached: Screenshot_20211022-002726_Messenger.jpg (88.0 KB) 
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:53 PM 10-21-2021
Doesn’t make any sense. Why film in New Mexico if it’s supposed to be a Kansas setting? Isn’t it harder to make it seem like a desolate piece of shit landscape with mountains in the background?
[Reply]
wazu 12:13 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yes, there are supposed to be professionals there to ensure this doesn't happen... incidents like this are pure dereliction of duty on their part

Baldwin is an arrogant asshole, but this isn't his fault
"I just pointed the gun at someone and pulled the trigger. How was I to know it would cause harm?"
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:32 AM 10-22-2021
That's awful, prayers extended to all families related. "You want to work here?!?!! CLOSE!"
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:43 AM 10-22-2021

I often get pushback when I demand completely disabled, non-firing weapons on set, but this is why. Mistakes happen, and when they involve guns, mistakes kill. No gun ever needs to fire on set. Muzzle flashes are the easiest & cheapest visual effect. Why are we still doing this? https://t.co/vT9QRwyYKY

— Megan Griffiths (@thecinechick) October 22, 2021

Not sure what happened here, but if you work in the industry, a reminder:

Prop guns are guns. Blanks have real gunpowder in them. They can injure or kill — and they have. If you’re ever on a set where prop guns are treated without proper caution and safe handling, walk away. https://t.co/JLHAzHLPty

— David Slack (@slack2thefuture) October 22, 2021

And because these are, in many cases, real guns firing blank round with 1/2 or 1/4 load, they tend to jam and misfire. Which means you frequently wind up with an actor or prop master frantically trying to unjam the thing so you can keep shooting. Not a recipe for a safe set.

— David Slack (@slack2thefuture) October 22, 2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:08 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Maybe he was pointing it at the camera. Sounds like the prop gun malfunctioned and came apart and she got hit by some projectile that came out of it.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...fe-1235094931/
That makes some sense.

I honestly haven’t seen a thing Baldwin has been in in a decade but if it was an equipment malfunction in shooting that would be fucking horrible to live with. I mean, probably no different than a traffic accident with fatalities, but yeah. This is different than horsing around with blanks.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 01:24 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I can see a rehearsal where the cinematographer tried to get a shot (no pun) from straight on, but how did the director get injured? The only way I can think of is that it wasn't a "blank" or there was a malfunction of the weapon. I admit the only blanks I've ever seen were for a starter's pistol, but I don't think the wad flew very far.
There was an actor in the 80s named Jon-Erik Hexum who put a gun loaded with blanks up to his temple and pulled the trigger; the wadding killed him, but that was from literally a range of zero.

It's way too early to make any judgments about this one; I absolutely expect there to be more details to come that will change things this way or that. Either way, though, I couldn't feel worse for the DP's family.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 36
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up