ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs got lucky to win Super Bowls
BWillie 01:18 PM 04-17-2024
Get out your pitchforks boys, you ain't gonna like this. It's actually good arguments. We probably got lucky last year, unlucky in the losses to Brady because that motherfucker is the luckiest person alive.

[Reply]
New World Order 01:24 PM 04-17-2024
I hope we get lucky 4 more times
[Reply]
digger 01:40 PM 04-17-2024
luck equals opportunity plus preparation
[Reply]
BWillie 01:41 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by digger:
Luck equals luck.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:47 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by digger:
Right here, my friends.

Truth be told, if Mahomes had held that ball a half second longer in the first Super Bowl, he can't complete Wasp.

If Mahomes isn't hit late in the AFCCG in 2023, the Chiefs aren't able to move up for a gimme FG and then who knows what happens.

If the Bills convert a FG last year, the Chiefs have to face them in OT and who knows what happens.

All three years, the Chiefs advance by the slimmest of margins, but that's almost certainly true for a hundred different teams.

It's also true that Andrew Luck doesn't have the ball bounce right back into his hands, or that Mariota catches his own pass, Dee Ford is offsides, or that Lin Elliott doesn't miss a hundred kicks, Eric Fisher misses the Super Bowl in 2021. And on and on it goes.

It's the nature of the sport. You cannot win without luck on your side.

In each of those games, the Chiefs could have won by more. The Eagles Super Bowl alone, I still think Sneed forced that fumble and that Nick Bolton should have been the real MVP with two touchdowns.

But, hey. That's the sport. And that's why it's a wild ride.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:25 PM 04-17-2024
Not even going to watch this clickbait. I watched the actual games. The Chiefs won because of undisputed greatness.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:27 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Not even going to watch this clickbait. I watched the actual games. The Chiefs won because of undisputed greatness.
And the mafia.
And Taylor Swift.
And cute puppies.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:23 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
And the mafia.
And Taylor Swift.
And cute puppies.
I like cute puppies!

And the Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:26 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by :
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
Hi
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Hi
Exactly. Considering we've had to dominate the AFC almost every year to get those opportunities, it's not luck.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:17 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Hi
And, more specifically, we seem to be great at striking when we see an opening. How many times has there been a key turnover, and we immediately score in the next couple of plays? That kind of stuff turns games.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:27 PM 04-17-2024
Every team that wins a Super Bowl has luck...I hate even bringing it up.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Every team that wins a Super Bowl has luck...I hate even bringing it up.
OP just wants some attention.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:30 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
OP just wants some attention.
No I just found the video fascinating. Sports aren't supreme destiny. It's also possible if we were as lucky as TOM BRADY we would have five super bowls and not three. Or if we were extremely unlucky maybe only 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:31 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No I just found the video fascinating. Sports aren't supreme destiny. It's also possible if we were as lucky as TOM BRADY we would have five super bowls and not three. Or if we were extremely unlucky maybe only 1.
Congratulations on discovering that there is some luck involved in winning championships.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up