ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign DT Danny Shelton
boilertiger 01:01 PM 08-15-2022
I am reading he weighs 342 but that seems off. A bit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:35 PM 08-15-2022
Bet he can eat the ol 96er
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:51 PM 08-15-2022
If this dude makes the roster, he WILL score a TD this year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:10 PM 08-15-2022

[Reply]
Wilson8 02:47 PM 08-15-2022
One of these four DTs will probably be released or traded.

1. Danny Shelton - Do not know contract but it was 1 year and probably $1.120M for his NFL service time. Waiting to see contract to see if any part is guaranteed.

2. Taylor Stallworth would cost $300,000 of dead money to cut and we would save $747,500. If we could trade, it would cost us nothing.

3. Khalen Saunders would cost $228,795 of dead money and we would save $990,000. It is the same for a trade.

4. Tershawn Wharton would cost $1,668 of dead money and we would save $895,000. Same number for a trade.

Chris Jones and Derrick Nnadi will be the starting DTs.

As I think about this though, it might be a good bet that Khalen Saunders gets injured in preseason trying to make the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
One of these four DTs will probably be released or traded.

1. Danny Shelton - Do not know contract but it was 1 year and probably $1.120M for his NFL service time. Waiting to see contract to see if any part is guaranteed.

2. Taylor Stallworth would cost $300,000 of dead money to cut and we would save $747,500. If we could trade, it would cost us nothing.

3. Khalen Saunders would cost $228,795 of dead money and we would save $990,000. It is the same for a trade.

4. Tershawn Wharton would cost $1,668 of dead money and we would save $895,000. Same number for a trade.

Chris Jones and Derrick Nnadi will be the starting DTs.

As I think about this though, it might be a good bet that Khalen Saunders gets injured in preseason trying to make the team.
Remember that guys like Wharton and Saunder won't 'save' us anything because we'll have to pay whoever it is we replace them with on the roster. As far as your 'top 51' calculations are concerned, cutting Wharton and Saunders will just wash with whoever makes the roster in their place.

Stallworth will wash as well because of his dead money.

Cap considerations really won't come into play on any of those guys.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:33 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Remember that guys like Wharton and Saunder won't 'save' us anything because we'll have to pay whoever it is we replace them with on the roster. As far as your 'top 51' calculations are concerned, cutting Wharton and Saunders will just wash with whoever makes the roster in their place.

Stallworth will wash as well because of his dead money.

Cap considerations really won't come into play on any of those guys.
Cutting Wharton and Saunders would be epically stupid. According to Mitch Holthus- they are playing great. Nadi is looking like a stud and Chris Jones is the best player in camp.

People are underestimating this D-line.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:48 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Cutting Wharton and Saunders would be epically stupid. According to Mitch Holthus- they are playing great. Nadi is looking like a stud and Chris Jones is the best player in camp.

People are underestimating this D-line.
The problem is the DL doesn't really have an identity. Chris Jones is an animal, yes, and I'm predicting big things for Karlaftis as early as this season, but they're still going to have problems.

You're still going to be able to run the ball on them. Frank Clark is probably going to keep fucking sucking. The big plays we do see out of them won't happen often enough to make up for their continued inconsistency at stopping the run and making life difficult for opposing OLs.

If Frank Clark was an actual stud, and Nnadi were just a little tougher to push around, then yes, absolutely, we'd be talking.

I'm not predicting them to be as bad as last year. I think they'll be improved. But they're going to have to prove to me that they're actually any good. Until then, it's probably going to be much of the same that we've seen these past several years.

Maybe they'll have a 4-5 game stretch like last year where they look pretty good.
[Reply]
neech 10:15 PM 08-15-2022
If they primarily put him in on only third and short run situations, I'm good with that. Shelton this is your job to stuff the run as best you can and give it your all.

The Chiefs organization knows you're getting up there in age and respect that.
And we're not going to play you every defensive series but when we do you kick ass and take names. Questions?
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The problem is the DL doesn't really have an identity. Chris Jones is an animal, yes, and I'm predicting big things for Karlaftis as early as this season, but they're still going to have problems.

You're still going to be able to run the ball on them. Frank Clark is probably going to keep ****ing sucking. The big plays we do see out of them won't happen often enough to make up for their continued inconsistency at stopping the run and making life difficult for opposing OLs.

If Frank Clark was an actual stud, and Nnadi were just a little tougher to push around, then yes, absolutely, we'd be talking.

I'm not predicting them to be as bad as last year. I think they'll be improved. But they're going to have to prove to me that they're actually any good. Until then, it's probably going to be much of the same that we've seen these past several years.

Maybe they'll have a 4-5 game stretch like last year where they look pretty good.
Alot of this is gonna come down to guys like Wharton and Saunders. If they're good, the DL will eb much improved. If not, well, we may have some issues.

I'm not sure why they didn't spend more resources on a DT.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:56 PM 08-15-2022
of that list I'd say bye, Taylor
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:59 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Dude was getting pushed around by 3rd team scrubs. Not a good look.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:02 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think he's easily the best of that lot.

Stallworth was a guy I shrugged off when we signed him and even into draft season. But I watched him a bit more and there's a little juice there. He can get pressure up the middle, he's stout at the point of attack. He's a solid player.

I think he can give us what Reed gave us last year. At least what Xavier Williams gave us at 3x the cost in 2018.

Stallworth isn't a bum by any stretch, IMO.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:07 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think he's easily the best of that lot.

Stallworth was a guy I shrugged off when we signed him and even into draft season. But I watched him a bit more and there's a little juice there. He can get pressure up the middle, he's stout at the point of attack. He's a solid player.

I think he can give us what Reed gave us last year. At least what Xavier Williams gave us at 3x the cost in 2018.

Stallworth isn't a bum by any stretch, IMO.
He sure as fuck looked like a bum on Saturday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He sure as fuck looked like a bum on Saturday.
I'd largely tuned out by mid-3rd so I'll take your word for it. I'm pretty sure I remember him making a nice play in the 1st half though where he knifed into the backfield and dropped the RB behind the LOS.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up