ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Was Jamaal Charles high or drunk? Did yall notice him?
I think that was just his learning disability.

I kinda felt bad for him. I wouldn’t have subjected him to reading something publicly with millions watching.
[Reply]
neech 10:08 PM 04-26-2024
For what its worth, here's what the CBS sports site is grading the Chiefs second round pick is.

63. Chiefs: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Grade: B

Boom-or-burst prospect. His 2022 was outstanding, but 2023 was not on film. Burst and especially lateral sliding ability are there. Has hard time locking onto EDGEs and securing them. Slips out of many blocks against the run. Hand work in pass pro can be outstanding at times. Raw but talented. NFL OT frame. Need filled.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:10 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think that was just his learning disability.

I kinda felt bad for him. I wouldn’t have subjected him to reading something publicly with millions watching.
Agreed. But the whole concept is dumb. Anyone really GAF about past players announcing picks? The Make a Wish kid was cool. And I guess you can let the WP man of the year get some pub but otherwise just have a league official announce the damn pick.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:11 PM 04-26-2024
Jamaal Charles isn't the best reader, he literally played in the special olympics because of his learning disability cut him a break

edit: beaten
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:12 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
Dude was washed from the get go. Fuggin puss.

:-) Do we really have to go over this shit for the 32nd time? He was injured and wasn’t going to play much, if at all, his rookie year. The covid thing gave the Chiefs an opportunity to redshirt him a year and not lose any contract years. It was the best case scenario for the Chiefs.

If you want to say he sucks or often injured, that’s a valid argument. But get out of here with that covid shit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:12 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
For what its worth, here's what the CBS sports site is grading the Chiefs second round pick is.

63. Chiefs: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
Grade: B

Boom-or-burst prospect. His 2022 was outstanding, but 2023 was not on film. Burst and especially lateral sliding ability are there. Has hard time locking onto EDGEs and securing them. Slips out of many blocks against the run. Hand work in pass pro can be outstanding at times. Raw but talented. NFL OT frame. Need filled.
I don’t disagree with that review, but it’s a little unrealistic.

Of course, there’s some bust potential. If there wasn’t, then he’d be a top 20 pick.

Having “boom” potential with at least decent film and good measurables/tools is a great pick for that position at that draft slot.

The grade doesn’t matter, I get that. Still, this review doesn’t seem to grasp the reality of picking a LT late in the second.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:13 PM 04-26-2024
He's just not smart and has a learning disability.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:18 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty sure the Chiefs told him to opt out he was recovering from a serious hip surgery.
While that would be fine and dandy, it ain’t so. And really they wouldn’t have pissed away a 3rd rounder with that flawed strategy.

Why Lucas Niang opted out last season, and the Kansas City Chiefs’ plan for him now

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by :
He spoke to the media for the first time since his decision to skip the season, citing the unknown of COVID-19 concerns as his reasoning.

“I don’t regret my decision,” he said. “At the time, I thought it was the best decision to make for me. I was thinking long-term, and that’s what I decided.”

He added, “I just didn’t feel comfortable. Not knowing enough about the (virus), it felt like a logical thing to do.”
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 10:20 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
:-) Do we really have to go over this shit for the 32nd time? He was injured and wasn’t going to play much, if at all, his rookie year. The covid thing gave the Chiefs an opportunity to redshirt him a year and not lose any contract years. It was the best case scenario for the Chiefs.

If you want to say he sucks or often injured, that’s a valid argument. But get out of here with that covid shit.
I’ll gladly eat crow if you can document this. The only articles I found, and had the decency to link, put it squarely on Niang. See above.

Niang’s own words, not mine dude:

Originally Posted by :
He added, “I just didn’t feel comfortable. Not knowing enough about the (virus), it felt like a logical thing to do.”

[Reply]
KCJake 10:28 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Azide22:
I assume we had to move up one slot with SF to get him because they were taking him?
The 49ers traded us their pick so we could use their pick to draft the player they wanted to draft ??? Wtf am I missing here ….?
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:28 PM 04-26-2024
Please.

I'm begging you. Please.

I'd rather chew glass than hear you guys argue about the pandemic. Please. It's a great day and we got two guys to be excited about.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:33 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Have we found this girl yet? Gosh I love her
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:33 PM 04-26-2024
Kumate
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Have we found this girl yet? Gosh I love her
she's in the front row every game

i've met her and tailgated with her family...they're world class
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:38 PM 04-26-2024
This pick reminds me of the Creed pick where you saw him fall but didn't understand why. Needy teams like the Dolphins reached with a turtle mover like Paul, same way as Packers who whiffed on the Myers pick. As I always say, never underestimate the dumbness of some NFL gms.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:38 PM 04-26-2024
This pick reminds me of the Creed pick where you saw him fall but didn't understand why. Needy teams like the Dolphins reached with a turtle mover like Paul, same way as Packers who whiffed on the Myers pick. As I always say, never underestimate the dumbness of some NFL gms.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 23
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up