ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 297
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:39 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Oh Noes! The prosthesis salesman is back! Ya just gotta love the peehogtards.

hmmm....wonder if he's from Topeka....I might know him.
[Reply]
kstater 11:47 AM 12-02-2009
Eh, it happens. Committees don't look at near losses. Chalk up another in the W column.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:13 AM 12-06-2009
K - just woke up, leaving for the Chiefs game here in a few minutes, but I got home too late last night to post anything.

Observations from last nights game:

1. Curtis Kelley "fist bumped" the entire scorers table moments before tip-off. Still hasn't "bought in" yet though, he played like shit. He's got all the physical tools to be a great player but lord he looked bad out there.

2. Wally Judge is progressing quickly - he had a solid start for a freshman regardless of the stat line he put up. He just needs to be in the right place at the right time and he will dominate.

3. Clemente was on fire in the 2nd half. Pullen had a steady game. 'Nique had a monster game, he shut down Klay Thompson for basically the entire game - most of Klays points came off FT's, which were not off 'Niques fouls. Forced him to travel a few times, and had a couple steals. This is the player he needs to be for us to win. Without him, we lose this game...

4. Frank had to be physically restrained by Brad Underwood after his first technical foul. Never seen him that angry before.

5. Hope the same crowd for this game comes back on Tuesday night. We owe Xavier one, big time.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:53 AM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
K - just woke up, leaving for the Chiefs game here in a few minutes, but I got home too late last night to post anything.

Observations from last nights game:

1. Curtis Kelley "fist bumped" the entire scorers table moments before tip-off. Still hasn't "bought in" yet though, he played like shit. He's got all the physical tools to be a great player but lord he looked bad out there.

2. Wally Judge is progressing quickly - he had a solid start for a freshman regardless of the stat line he put up. He just needs to be in the right place at the right time and he will dominate.

3. Clemente was on fire in the 2nd half. Pullen had a steady game. 'Nique had a monster game, he shut down Klay Thompson for basically the entire game - most of Klays points came off FT's, which were not off 'Niques fouls. Forced him to travel a few times, and had a couple steals. This is the player he needs to be for us to win. Without him, we lose this game...

4. Frank had to be physically restrained by Brad Underwood after his first technical foul. Never seen him that angry before.

5. Hope the same crowd for this game comes back on Tuesday night. We owe Xavier one, big time.
was a great game, aside from it being 110 degrees in there.

just a clarification for non-watchers, Frank only got one technical though it was his first as a college coach...
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:53 AM 12-08-2009
Cool vid -

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:54 AM 12-08-2009
Anyone braving the snow tonight to go to the game? I'm going to wait and see how bad it is around 5. They are talking 5 to 6 inches here in Topeka over the day.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:59 AM 12-08-2009
Cool vid -

That was a special day. Thanks for the video
[Reply]
kstater 08:24 AM 12-08-2009
Anyone braving the snow tonight to go to the game? I'm going to wait and see how bad it is around 5. They are talking 5 to 6 inches here in Topeka over the day.
Big games the next couple weeks. All those that can should try to make it.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 02:52 PM 12-08-2009
I'd like to, but have worked overtime yesterday and went in early today to get some things done so I'm beat. And with the baby on the way, I better start saving some cash.

Hoping it's a gooid game though...
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:45 PM 12-08-2009
Ugh.
Attached: cam107031320.jpg (7.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:03 PM 12-08-2009
What the hell is EMAW?
[Reply]
Spott 04:09 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
What the hell is EMAW?
Every Man a Wildcat(I think).
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 05:22 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by Spott:
Every Man a Wildcat(I think).
correct, it is a slogan datig back to the 30s that is being revived...
[Reply]
Braincase 07:14 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
What the hell is EMAW?
An electronic grandmother. Like email, eticket... now an emaw. Want some digital milk and cookies, sweetie?
[Reply]
kstater 08:00 PM 12-08-2009
Vs Xavier coming up on ESPNU

I'm fairly certain I'm not sober enough to stay awake for the whole game, so I'll give scores till roughly halftime.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 297
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up