ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 324
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
gordonelloyd 01:46 PM 05-26-2023
On the other thread about whether we should acquire Hopkins [the one Discussing this before he was cut] I said, I don’t think we really are going to need him given the expected development of Toney and Moore And possibly rice, and that we shouldn’t pay more than 9 million.

But I’m thinking it over, and given that there’s no draft capital involved anymore, it probably is important to get him, but more to keep him away from Buffalo, Baltimore, and Philadelphia.
I agree with others here that buffalo doesn’t make sense because unless they are stupid, they will focus on spending on a running back (Cook).
If he joined the ravens Jackson would have one of the best receiving groups in the league, and that would be dangerous.
If he joins Philadelphia, they would probably have one of the best offences of all time, Assuming Hurst doesn’t relapse. That would (almost) guarantee them at the Super Bowl.

So I guess we should go for more than 9 million if necessary to get him. I like the idea of an incentive laden $9 million contract that someone else suggested. And trading MSP to get cap space would make sense as part of this equation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:47 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jesus Christ.

WE'RE NOT TRADING MVS.

That dude plays too much Madden.

Side note, could Veach still restructure MVS' deal to create a couple mil?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 05-26-2023

Come win a ring in KC bro @DeAndreHopkins ���� https://t.co/bgvQJN6w6V

— Justin Reid (@JustinqReid) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:49 PM 05-26-2023
Bart has already proven that he can make shit happen with pocket change and a lint covered Werther's original. If both sides are serious, he'll make it happen
[Reply]
Bowser 01:50 PM 05-26-2023
It really doesn't. A Kelce restructure gets you what you need. Add a void year and some incentives and we're practically there. A Jones extension makes it even easier.

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:53 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep. Go make it happen. End of story.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:54 PM 05-26-2023

If true, that means the Chiefs are likely looking to leverage NLTBE incentives for a Nuk deal towards 2024 cap (which always seemed likely), because Donovan Smith's $1.98M guaranteed in 2023 shouldn't be a barrier. https://t.co/AubmDEGwxZ

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:56 PM 05-26-2023
Here's the thing, the Chiefs would be just fine without Hopkins. They'll probably even have the #1 offense in the league again. Mahomes, Kelce and Pacheo will carry them, Moore and Toney will be good enough, maybe even explosive at times. Rice will give you decent production, but we all know it's hard on rookies year one in this system.

Hopkins makes you a juggernaut. He opens up everything and everyone to play roles they are more suited to play for the short term. Plus, you're keeping him out of Buffalo. Just go do it. Pat deserves it, just make it happen. I don't even care if you overpay a bit, it'll be fine. Not going to bankrupt anyone on a 1-2 year deal. Sign him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Don't worry, Kent....I got you.

But if you make them UTBE (unlikely to be earned) incentives...they hit the cap next year. That's what Juju's contract was.

[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 01:58 PM 05-26-2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:58 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Here's the thing, the Chiefs would be just fine without Hopkins. They'll probably even have the #1 offense in the league again. Mahomes, Kelce and Pacheo will carry them, Moore and Toney will be good enough, maybe even explosive at times. Rice will give you decent production, but we all know it's hard on rookies year one in this system.

Hopkins makes you a juggernaut. He opens up everything and everyone to play roles they are more suited to play for the short term. Plus, you're keeping him out of Buffalo. Just go do it. Pat deserves it, just make it happen. I don't even care if you overpay a bit, it'll be fine. Not going to bankrupt anyone on a 1-2 year deal. Sign him.
He gives you a known commodity. Toney and Moore are all ceiling and not a lot of floor. MVS succeeds at one thing and Rice is a rookie. Hopkins would be a great leader for Rice as well.
[Reply]
wazu 01:58 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Abert Breer! He's never wrong!
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:59 PM 05-26-2023
Mahomes has gotta be sitting there thinking, "This is what i take less money for..."
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:59 PM 05-26-2023
Next year's cap is all going to depend on what they want to do with guys like Gay and Sneed. If they know there isn't a chance of getting them back...then it opens up a lot of shit.
My stance has always been that those two are gone after this season, if not before. Obviously through no fault of their own, unless we want to blame them for being good players. It's just what happens when you're paying a franchise QB and couple that with a lot of success. Your good players are viewed as saviors by other franchises and they'll overpay to get them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 05-26-2023
He gives you a known commodity. Toney and Moore are all ceiling and not a lot of floor. MVS succeeds at one thing and Rice is a rookie. Hopkins would be a great leader for Rice as well.

This. We all want, and Veach/Andy really need, for Rice to pan out. No better way to jumpstart his career than to put him in the same locker room, same practice field and same games as Deandre Hopkins, the man Rice already fashions his game after. Let Rashee see and learn from his idol up close and personal for a year or two.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 324
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up