ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 378
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:07 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
7 for 17? It was fine (especially compared to the garbage he did tonight and in the play-in), but that was the Reaves/Hachimura game.
He did a fantastic job, especially in the second half, of distributing and running the offense. He was playing a fairly traditional PG role that game.

But tonight none of 'em played well, even your boy.

Well Rui did. But that was about it.

They didn't come out ready to play and the 1st quarter deficit proved to be the final margin. Between that and the complete vapor lock at the end of the 3rd it was apparent that they just didn't have postseason focus.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:07 PM 04-19-2023
If there is an over under on shooting percentage the next game take the under for Brooks no matter how low they set it. He’s gonna be jacking up the stupidest shit since he made that one big shot tonight.

Hopefully Ja is healthy for his big LA playoff debut to take those shots out of Brooks hands.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:12 PM 04-19-2023
This is why I don’t bet. When I heard Ja was out I was thinking Memphis had like a 1% chance to win. Prime Lebron doesn’t lose a game like this
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:20 PM 04-19-2023
Bron looked gassed just patting himself on the back on his way to a TV timeout

Dude is catch, 2 dribbles to catch his breath, then pass or chuck it up
[Reply]
Eureka 08:24 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
If there is an over under on shooting percentage the next game take the under for Brooks no matter how low they set it. He’s gonna be jacking up the stupidest shit since he made that one big shot tonight.

Hopefully Ja is healthy for his big LA playoff debut to take those shots out of Brooks hands.
Haha Along came Polly. Great movie. Dude never made a shot.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:47 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He did a fantastic job, especially in the second half, of distributing and running the offense. He was playing a fairly traditional PG role that game.

But tonight none of 'em played well, even your boy.

Well Rui did. But that was about it.

They didn't come out ready to play and the 1st quarter deficit proved to be the final margin. Between that and the complete vapor lock at the end of the 3rd it was apparent that they just didn't have postseason focus.
Pretty standard game 2 effort on the road for a team up 1-0, yeah.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:49 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Eureka:

EDIT: ^^Same can be said about the DUBS regarding their traveling record.
You'll notice I haven't written the Warriors off in their series yet for a reason.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is why I don’t bet. When I heard Ja was out I was thinking Memphis had like a 1% chance to win. Prime Lebron doesn’t lose a game like this
It's almost like he's now 39 years old in his 20th year, yeah.

As stated before the series, AD is going to have to be the best player in every series the Lakers play to win it and he just wasn't good at all tonight. Memphis has been fine all season without Ja so they don't need him to win, but if AD is the two-way force he was in game 1 he takes it to a place the Grizzlies simply can't go.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:56 PM 04-19-2023
Would have far preferred that a team more interesting than the TWolves got into this Denver series. Hard to see how this won't be a sweep.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:13 PM 04-19-2023
Would have far preferred that a team more interesting than the TWolves got into this Denver series. Hard to see how this won't be a sweep.
I want to see how Jokic does with guards who can actually work the pick and roll. Minnesota is out of their depth in this matchup
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:13 PM 04-19-2023
Two freak injuries in like two days fucked us. I'm not saying we'd beat the Nuggets, but we wouldn't be getting outright swept like we're about to. We for sure would have made it "interesting" as you call it.

Also fucking lol. A more interesting team? It's the bottom of the Western Conference. Who's more interesting in that bunch?

Let me guess. The fucking Thunder. Yeah. Right. Soooooo interesting losing to the uninteresting Wolves in the play-in. What a fucking team!

The Pelicans? You could line up that team in front of me and I'd Travis Kelce the whole goddamn fucking team. "Never seen that guy in my fucking life." Who the hell plays for them besides not Zion?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:27 PM 04-19-2023
Denver is so good at the Draft.

2013 Rudy Gobert pick 27
2014 Joker pick 41 (2-time MVP)
2016 Jamal Murray pick 7
2016 Malik Beasley pick 19
2017 Donovan Mitchell pick 13
2018 Michael Porter Jr. pick 14
2021 Bones Hyland. pick 26
2022 Christian Braun. pick 21
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 PM 04-19-2023
Pretty standard game 2 effort on the road for a team up 1-0, yeah.
Yeah.

You'd like to think a team with a couple of leaders who have won a championship and who about fiddle fucked their season into oblivion wouldn't do that sort of thing, but it just happens almost every time.

Especially when playing a team as proud as Memphis.

But now the Lakers have made game 3 damn near a must-win in its own right for them. They just don't have the kind of margin they acted like they have tonight. They can't afford to lose games because they didn't come out ready to play.

What are the odds of them getting through four 7 game series healthy? LBJ is not a young man and Davis is made of glass. The only shot they have to actually win this thing is to end a series or two in 5 and keep some miles off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Bron looked gassed just patting himself on the back on his way to a TV timeout

Dude is catch, 2 dribbles to catch his breath, then pass or chuck it up
He's been pacing himself all season.

And he has about a zillion miles on the odometer so I'm not sure what choice he had.

So yeah, it's not that surprising that he was using this game to get his legs back a little. Unfortunately Davis was so off early (offensively) that it forced him to be more active in the offense than he probably wanted to be.

LBJ wanted this to be an 80% game but it went poorly enough early that he had to put more into it than he wanted to even keep it close. And in the end, it ended up being offensive execution and erratic defensive intensity that sunk them.

I just can't say enough bad things about the end game in the 3rd quarter. They were really playing well and had set themselves up to steal it in the 4th; they'd essentially wiped out the 1st quarter and in so doing needed to only play better in the 4th than Memphis did in the 2nd.

And in the span of 3 possessions they were suddenly down 12 again because they just lost focus. I just threw my hands up because you just saw the game slip away from them.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:45 PM 04-19-2023
They may end up getting swept, but they're currently down 1 in the 3rd. I imagine they'd be a bit better with McDaniels and Reid.

Edit: Up by 2 heading into the 4th.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 378
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159209 > Last »
Up