ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2346 of 2691
« First < 1346184622462296233623422343234423452346 2347234823492350235623962446 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:31 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Toney is 100% unproven, and Hardman is JAG. WRs have not been the problem vs. Cinci. KC's best chance to best the Bengals is by not having a garbage pass rush.
You should probably stick to posting in the DC.

Of course having Hardman and Toney available would've made a difference. Their skill sets have absolutely been missed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:33 PM 12-07-2022
it's far easier to get cheap yards that don't require your QB to hold the ball if you have toney and hardman on the field

only those guys can turn a bubble screen into a 50 yard gain
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:36 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Of course having Hardman and Toney available would've made a difference. Their skill sets have absolutely been missed.
Yup. I agree totally. More weapons the better. Take Chase from Burrow and we probably win. Add Toney and Hardman and we move the chains more and probably win.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We likely only play one of them unless Baltimore wins their division which isn't going to happen.
Baltimore has a much easier schedule than Cincinnati going forward. They play the Steelers twice, the Falcons, and the Browns.

Cincinatti has the Browns, the Bucs, Buffalo, and the Pats.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:38 PM 12-07-2022

Hardman has 6TDs almost all in the RedZone, if not all of them, and that dumbass thinks he doesn't add anything to the offense.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:39 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Baltimore has a much easier schedule than Cincinnati going forward. They play the Steelers twice, the Falcons, and the Browns.

Cincinatti has the Browns, the Bucs, Buffalo, and the Pats.
Baltimore isn't good, at all.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:40 PM 12-07-2022
The speed alone that Toney and Hardman bring would make a difference.

Those guys can do what MVS, JJSS and Watson cannot: Make a big play out of nothing.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:41 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Yup. I agree totally. More weapons the better. Take Chase from Burrow and we probably win. Add Toney and Hardman and we move the chains more and probably win.
KC moved the ball pretty well. They had a fumble and missed FG to end up with zero points on two good drives. The Bengals offense also held the ball for a huge chunk of the game. Excluding the kneel-down to finish the 1st half, the Chiefs only had 7 possessions in the game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:45 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
KC moved the ball pretty well. They had a fumble and missed FG to end up with zero points on two good drives. The Bengals offense also held the ball for a huge chunk of the game. Excluding the kneel-down to finish the 1st half, the Chiefs only had 7 possessions in the game.
Yep. Pat averaged 8.2 YPA and the running game averaged 5.5 YPC. We were moving the ball well.

They scored 3 TDs, we scored 3 TDs. They made a kick, we missed a kick. They had no turnovers, we had a crucial turnover in the 4th.

That's the ball game there. 1 turnover and one missed kick.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yep. Pat averaged 8.2 YPA and the running game averaged 5.5 YPC. We were moving the ball well.

They scored 3 TDs, we scored 3 TDs. They made a kick, we missed a kick. They had no turnovers, we had a crucial turnover in the 4th.

That's the ball game there. 1 turnover and one missed kick.
They did have a turnover on downs though, but yea, that was the difference.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:02 PM 12-07-2022
They did have a turnover on downs though, but yea, that was the difference.
True, I was in the shitter for that play so I keep forgetting about it lol

But still, there you go. 3 TDs a piece, 1 turnover a piece. Final score 27-24. They made a kick, we missed a kick.

It's even closer than I'm thinking.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:25 PM 12-07-2022

Can they rush the passer, dummy? Moving the ball against Cinci wasn't a problem.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:28 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Hardman has 6TDs almost all in the RedZone, if not all of them, and that dumbass thinks he doesn't add anything to the offense.
I didn't say he doesn't add anything, but the Chiefs didn't lose because of injured WRs.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:05 PM 12-07-2022

I think this game against the Bengals may prove beneficial to Hardman.

I like Hardman a lot more than most on this board. It seems like his development is not progressing, but that assessment is missing one large factor, and that is what is Reid actually asking Hardman to do in the offense, and is Reid unhappy with his progress.

For all we know, Hardman could be performing at a high level in Reid's eye, because Mecole is doing everything that Reid and this offense has asked him to do.

I know we were having relative success on offense against the Bengals, but Hardman has truly elite speed, and has proven he can take a simple jet sweep to the house and is a dangerous weapon in the red zone, and in a scramble drill his speed puts extra pressure on the defense.

His absence, and our struggles in the red zone kinda happened at the same time, and now Veach is going to have to look hard at retaining him. I personally want Mecole back next year.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:11 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

His absence, and our struggles in the red zone kinda happened at the same time, and now Veach is going to have to look hard at retaining him. I personally want Mecole back next year.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I think he's definitely upped this game this year as well, but I don't think we traded for Toney to retain Hardman. The guy is probably going to get 3/36 or something along those lines and I'd much rather direct that money to retaining JuJu.
[Reply]
Page 2346 of 2691
« First < 1346184622462296233623422343234423452346 2347234823492350235623962446 > Last »
Up