ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 333 of 341
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:39 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I recently picked up this Cosaint Arms COS21 doublestack 1911 (2011) commander sized pistol. Steel frame, Cheely aluminum grip, optic cut, two MBX magazines. It shoots super smooth, and I love the grip especially here in SC, where I shoot 99% of the time outdoors and it's miserably humid nine months out of the year.
Like the looks of that. Nice.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:03 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Decent optic ready Beretta carry for under $200.

BERETTA APX A1 CARRY 9MM 3" 8RD, FDE
Every time one of these deals pops up I'm broker than a smoker. Thanks a lot, medical bills.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:22 PM 09-14-2023

Ugh. That is a really good representation of everything I hate in a carry gun. Way too small so it's going to be extra snappy, way too short of a grip, and I pretty much loathe Berettas in general.

When it comes to carry guns, if you're not carrying a Sig P365XL, you've got the wrong one.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:11 PM 09-14-2023

Out of Stock. Ugh...
[Reply]
srvy 09:27 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Out of Stock. Ugh...
Honestly, you dodged a bullet. Read Frazod's post he spits the truth. I know the deal looks good but there is a reason it's discounted and they are clearing out inventory.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:50 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Honestly, you dodged a bullet. Read Frazod's post he spits the truth. I know the deal looks good but there is a reason it's discounted and they are clearing out inventory.
I worked at a gun store/range for about a year and a half, until recently (bad knee, bad pay and a reduction in hours compelled me to move on). But in that time I shot a shit ton of guns, including many that I wouldn't have otherwise. While I never fired this particular model, polymer Barettas typically have shitty triggers, and I've grown very finicky about that over the years. Bad trigger = bad gun. Sure, you can swap it out for a better one, but why bother when you can buy another gun out of the box that has one? When it comes to pistols, more than anything else, a heavy trigger will make you miss, because you'll end up moving your hand as you fire (low left for righties, low right for lefties). I saw that every day when I was the range officer. I could walk up and down the range and tell if somebody was right or left handed by the way they missed. I could correct shooters' bad techniques, but I could not correct their shitty guns. Can you get used to it? Sure. But again, why bother?

In my experience, Sig, CZ and Walther (polymer, not the dogshit PPK) have the best stock triggers in the reasonably priced range. Glocks are decent but not as good; Springfields are a bit worse than Glocks (although the new Echelon has a wonderful trigger - much better than the Hellcat). And it goes downhill from there. And Barettas are definitely in the downhill from there category.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 10:14 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I worked at a gun store/range for about a year and a half, until recently (bad knee, bad pay and a reduction in hours compelled me to move on). But in that time I shot a shit ton of guns, including many that I wouldn't have otherwise. While I never fired this particular model, polymer Barettas typically have shitty triggers, and I've grown very finicky about that over the years. Bad trigger = bad gun. Sure, you can swap it out for a better one, but why bother when you can buy another gun out of the box that has one? When it comes to pistols, more than anything else, a heavy trigger will make you miss, because you'll end up moving your hand as you fire (low left for righties, low right for lefties). I saw that every day when I was the range officer. I could walk up and down the range and tell if somebody was right or left handed by the way they missed. I could correct shooters' bad techniques, but I could not correct their shitty guns. Can you get used to it? Sure. But again, why bother?

In my experience, Sig, CZ and Walther (polymer, not the dogshit PPK) have the best stock triggers in the reasonably priced range. Glocks are decent but not as good; Springfields are a bit worse than Glocks (although the new Echelon has a wonderful trigger - much better than the Hellcat). And it goes downhill from there. And Barettas are definitely in the downhill from there category.
my walther ppq m2 is a dream
[Reply]
Frazod 10:23 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
my walther ppq m2 is a dream
I have one as well.
[Reply]
srvy 10:57 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Suggestions for best home defense semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun anyone?

Looking at
  1. Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical
  2. Benelli M2
  3. Benelli M4
  4. Beretta 1301 Tactical
  5. Beretta A400

Thoughts?
My shotguns were for birds and fowl sometimes skeet and Trap. I see these tactical scatterguns but have bought and sold them. Most I see are autos the rack of a shotshell into the chamber with a pump is intimidating. Might get the baddies running and save you a shell. I was an early adopter but just felt I could do better with a handgun and rifle. I have my Rem 870 Wingmaster hanging in the Den. My first shotgun I bought my own as a kid with pics of dads Britteny and English setters next to it. I could never get to it in time to get the trigger lock off and get the shells and load. But I grab it and rack it maybe scare them and put them on the run. I have handguns in strategic locations though.

I know that didn't help at all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:03 AM 09-15-2023

I love my Walther PPX...
[Reply]
penguinz 06:34 AM 09-15-2023
Ugh. That is a really good representation of everything I hate in a carry gun. Way too small so it's going to be extra snappy, way too short of a grip, and I pretty much loathe Berettas in general.

When it comes to carry guns, if you're not carrying a Sig P365XL, you've got the wrong one.
I carry a Sig M18. I need a better IWB holster. Any you recommend?
[Reply]
tmax63 06:59 AM 09-15-2023
If you're serious about a carry gun then I'd advise taking whatever option you choose to a good gunsmith and getting it "cleaned up". I have a Ruger P345 that I took to a smith and he polished the action and lightened the trigger pull slightly and it shoots like a different gun. The smith knew it was to be a "carry" gun so he kept the trigger pull heavy enough for him to guarantee to never have a light strike on a primer.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:14 AM 09-15-2023
Need a super cheap AR?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...h-7779346.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ark-earth.html

Just add a BCG and charging handle. Available in black as well.

EDIT: Or get this upper that includes BCG and CH for $229. Complete AR-15 for $330.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...e-7779344.html
How did i miss this? fuck.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:38 AM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
How did i miss this? ****.
It's still active :-)

I just bought a brand new AR for $511 incl shipping and taxes. Sahweet!!!
(went w/ ODG rather than that FDE)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:39 AM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I carry a Sig M18. I need a better IWB holster. Any you recommend?
Vedder Lighttuck IWB. Model-specific molded kydex with a metal belt clip. I use these exclusively. I do occasionally carry my PPQ in .45, and that is roughly the same size as your Sig. No issues with it.
[Reply]
Page 333 of 341
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337 > Last »
Up