ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 37
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:47 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If you told me Perriman ran a 4.46 forty, I'd believe it. 4.26? No way in hell.
Even running 4.46 would surprise me. He looks like a 4.5-4.6 guy to me on tape against college competition. He wasn't just blowing by guys even at the college level.
[Reply]
jonzie04 01:49 PM 03-25-2015
Wasn't Kelvin benjamin dubbed the next job Baldwin by you draft gurus lol? He's another example of having great but inconsistent hands.yes he has a high drop rate but, When you see a guy go up and come down with a ball sandwiched between two defenders like Sherman and Thomas, then he has great hands.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:04 PM 03-25-2015
If you told me Perriman ran a 4.46 forty, I'd believe it. 4.26? No way in hell.
Yup. Perriman is a 4.4 dude from what I've seen. Still plenty fast but nowhere near a 4.2 guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 03-25-2015

That sound you hear? Crowder moving up draft boards --> RT @jjones9: Duke's Jamison Crowder ran 4.39 today https://t.co/af1GU4FgCM

— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) March 25, 2015

[Reply]
milkman 02:24 PM 03-25-2015
Great hands means you rarely lose focus.

Inconsistent hands means you have concentration lapses.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 02:31 PM 03-25-2015
Sorry I still want amarie cooper

He won't be there for us though but if he is he's the pick
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:57 PM 03-25-2015
Imma go ahead and jump on the Phillip Dorsett Bandwagon.

With that speed and playmaking ability....man....

Put Charles, DaT, Maclin, Dorsey and Kelce on the field at the same time? That's a lot of speed and home run hitters.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 03:50 PM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Imma go ahead and jump on the Phillip Dorsett Bandwagon.

With that speed and playmaking ability....man....

Put Charles, DaT, Maclin, Dorsey and Kelce on the field at the same time? That's a lot of speed and home run hitters.
Would much rather have Lockett who is of the same build... not quite as fast, but I think he is the best route runner in the draft.

look what he does to Verrett

[Reply]
buddha 10:01 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Would be ****ing stupid yet again.

Maclin is an upgrade, sure. But there's a reason teams carry 5 wide receivers usually. We have jack shit at WR after Maclin. Wilson looks promising but we still need another 2 receivers. Wait until the third and we're looking at table scraps and a player that likely isn't going to amount to shit..
This...exactly right.

Maclin is the first step in building a credible receiving corps. Signing him does not mean we're done...not by a long stretch.

Wilson is a 3rd or 4th receiver. We need an elite receiver out of THIS draft.
[Reply]
buddha 10:03 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Would much rather have Lockett who is of the same build... not quite as fast, but I think he is the best route runner in the draft.

look what he does to Verrett
BTW, I think Lockett is the most under valued WR in this draft. He's the real deal.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 07:37 PM 03-26-2015
Lockett runs routes. Poor man's Odell Beckham (due to the lack of "thickness" but the guy can absolutely work a route tree and make cornerbacks his bitch).

Lockett would be absolute balls in this system.

Dorsett is a fly pattern only dude with questionable hands.

We've already got a thick build track guy in Albert Wilson.

Lockett over Dorsett all day long.
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:58 PM 03-27-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Lockett runs routes. Poor man's Odell Beckham (due to the lack of "thickness" but the guy can absolutely work a route tree and make cornerbacks his bitch).

I'd like Lockett more if his hands weren't so dang small.

Dorsett will be a better pro.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:06 PM 03-27-2015
I'm really warming up to Chris Conley out of Georgia. He was a combine all-star, yes, but he does quite a few things really well despite playing in a run-heavy scheme. He is a real sleeper. The things I loved about Jordan Matthews, who I pounded the table for relentlessly, show up with this Conley kid. If he can be had in round 4, where I just took him in the mock, I think its a great value v. risk type of pick.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:08 PM 03-27-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:

Not true. Dorsett can run the hitches and crossers that KC enjoys, and the speed must be respected. No doubt, Lockett's route precision is superior.. but Dorsett is also a very solid and dynamic option for the Chiefs. He also holds up better against physical corners than does Lockett.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:09 PM 03-27-2015
this Conley kid. If he can be had in round 4, where I just took him in the mock, I think its a great value v. risk type of pick.
absolutely. :-)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 37
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up