ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 48
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
L.A. Chieffan 12:07 PM 11-01-2016
Has the two time line theory been discussed yet?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:13 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Has the two time line theory been discussed yet?
I've seen some discussion about 2 - 3 timelines.

The two bros at the park being one time line
Ed Harris / The Man In Black another timeline
Bernard's discussions with Deloris as a third timeline

Basically this...

[Reply]
Buck 12:19 PM 11-01-2016
I was on the multiple timelines train until I read a scene by scene timeline layout. The following scenes happened back to back.

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) created the Wyatt story in the present time. That means the scene labeled "Sweetwater New Day" below happened in the present. Immediately following that scene, Dolores stumbles into William's camp.

Now, if that took place in the past, that's a really fucked up thing that the writer's have done because that means we can't trust them.

-- Sweetwater New Day --
-Teddy protects Dolores from Rebus's posse, they head off to teach her to shoot
-Sheriff rides up, convinces Teddy to leave Dolores to hunt down Wyatt
-Wyatt's costumed men ambush Teddy's group, everyone flees, Teddy is beaten and tied to a tree
-Dolores arrives home to find her home ransacked by Rebus. She blasts him and flees.

-- Elsewhere --
-Dolores stumbles her way into William's camp.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:22 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
I was on the multiple timelines train until I read a scene by scene timeline layout. The following scenes happened back to back.

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) created the Wyatt story in the present time. That means the scene labeled "Sweetwater New Day" below happened in the present. Immediately following that scene, Dolores stumbles into William's camp.

Now, if that took place in the past, that's a really ****ed up thing that the writer's have done because that means we can't trust them.

-- Sweetwater New Day --
-Teddy protects Dolores from Rebus's posse, they head off to teach her to shoot
-Sheriff rides up, convinces Teddy to leave Dolores to hunt down Wyatt
-Wyatt's costumed men ambush Teddy's group, everyone flees, Teddy is beaten and tied to a tree
-Dolores arrives home to find her home ransacked by Rebus. She blasts him and flees.

-- Elsewhere --
-Dolores stumbles her way into William's camp.
Dolores stumbling into William's camp does not necessarily mean it happened after shot shot Rebus but I understand your point.
[Reply]
Buck 12:24 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Dolores stumbling into William's camp does not necessarily mean it happened after shot shot Rebus but I understand your point.
Yeah, like I said, it doesn't prove anything, but if the writers seriously did that just to fake us out, then boo to them.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:21 PM 11-01-2016
Cool thanks for that. Great show, lots of different themes they are trying to explore. Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart at the end like LOST
[Reply]
Buck 12:34 PM 11-01-2016
Another thing is that the people running the park see that Dolores is off her loop and can't tell if she's doing it on her own or if she's with a guest, and they say something to the effect of "We can't tell if she's doing it on her own or not, Ford's new storyline is screwing things up."

Then we see the caretaker in a Cowboy hat try to come and get her, but William says, she's with me.

Edit: I want to know if Old Ford is ever seen with Stubbs and Elsie. I guess it's possible that Stubbs and Elsie are in the past timeline. If there's anything to link them to Ford in the current day, then I'm fairly confident that there's only one timeline.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:39 PM 11-01-2016
I need to watch each episode at least twice to catch everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
listopencil 10:55 PM 11-01-2016
I'm not really buying into the multiple timelines theory. It's not necessary unless I've missed something. What I do wonder is, though, is what is the significance of Dolores seeing herself in that crowd of painted up revelers in Pariah? She saw herself in a side room later when she sat at the table as well. Was that entire segment just her personality breaking in the way that a human might snap and become psychotic?
[Reply]
Buck 03:15 PM 11-02-2016
Just found this video. It is an argument for and against the show having multiple timelines.

He uses the same arguments I used against the multiple timelines, but in a more eloquent manner. He also uses arguments for the multiple timelines that are very legit and have me questioning this again.

[Reply]
Bowser 03:31 PM 11-02-2016
Great vid, thanks for posting that.

Listening to the reasons against, it feels like he's on the right path but hasn't quite nailed it down. The control room scene could maybe be proof that the park is run by androids as well? Just more aware androids, possibly? (even though my theory sounds weak)
[Reply]
Buck 03:45 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Great vid, thanks for posting that.

Listening to the reasons against, it feels like he's on the right path but hasn't quite nailed it down. The control room scene could maybe be proof that the park is run by androids as well? Just more aware androids, possibly? (even though my theory sounds weak)
Yep, I was thinking of that too while watching.

Also the video you just posted was posted about 10 posts back by KC Lee

Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I've seen some discussion about 2 - 3 timelines.

The two bros at the park being one time line
Ed Harris / The Man In Black another timeline
Bernard's discussions with Deloris as a third timeline

Basically this...

[Reply]
Bowser 03:43 PM 11-02-2016

[Reply]
Bowser 03:48 PM 11-02-2016
I got swept up in Westworld excitement. Plus, I was posting just in case 99% of the board had KC Lee on ignore.

:-)
[Reply]
unlurking 04:51 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I got swept up in Westworld excitement. Plus, I was posting just in case 99% of the board had KC Lee on ignore.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 48
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up