ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 70
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
bevischief 06:52 PM 11-01-2014
Holy crap!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:12 PM 11-01-2014
Sounds like I need to watch...whatever just happened.
[Reply]
Judge Smails 08:22 PM 11-01-2014

[Reply]
bevischief 12:05 AM 11-02-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sounds like I need to watch...whatever just happened.
Yes you do.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:09 AM 11-02-2014
OK...um...wow. And holy shit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:02 PM 11-02-2014
Thought they telegraphed that a bit. Although I did see pics of them shooting on location in london so knew it was coming. I actually thought she might be who she ended up being be the moment they introduced her.

Wonder if this is testing the waters for a female Doc.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:57 PM 11-02-2014
As soon as the elevator doors closed I got what it was. Pretty sneaky.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:14 PM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
As soon as the elevator doors closed I got what it was. Pretty sneaky.

Well, yeah, lol. That was the obvious tip off.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:00 PM 11-03-2014
Just finished "Listen."

I was not a fan of this ep.

Just...didn't really like anything about it really.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:17 PM 11-03-2014
"Time Heist" was better. Pretty good.

I find this new Doc believable and enjoyable but I don't like the actual episodes as much. They're just not all that interesting to me. Perhaps that'll change when whatever the over-arcing storyline for the season/s starts...
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:44 PM 11-03-2014
meh, IMO kind of a let down after the promising first episode. Seems like they just did a collection of one-offs and then slipped a "CUT TO MISTRESS LAUGHING MISCHIEVOUSLY" at the end of every-other episode as if that was enough to tie all the episodes together.. nope. Glad that Clara will finally rap up before the end of the year, her character has gotten really boring and exhausting.

Also, what's with the "you'll never step into the TARDIS if I destroy all the keys"... uhh MOFFAT himself already worked into the canon that he can open it with a snap of his fingers.. how could he have possibly have forgotten that? I liked how one of they keys was in Matt Smith's purple frock coat pockets (hanging next to his tweed jacket).
[Reply]
unlurking 08:11 PM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
meh, IMO kind of a let down after the promising first episode. Seems like they just did a collection of one-offs and then slipped a "CUT TO MISTRESS LAUGHING MISCHIEVOUSLY" at the end of every-other episode as if that was enough to tie all the episodes together.. nope. Glad that Clara will finally rap up before the end of the year, her character has gotten really boring and exhausting.

Also, what's with the "you'll never step into the TARDIS if I destroy all the keys"... uhh MOFFAT himself already worked into the canon that he can open it with a snap of his fingers.. how could he have possibly have forgotten that? I liked how one of they keys was in Matt Smith's purple frock coat pockets (hanging next to his tweed jacket).
Sadly have to agree with most of this. Been a very 'meh' season. Clara has been pretty boring, but I think that's mostly due to Mr. Pink. Rory was whiny too, but at least he was funny. Pink is just annoying. Can't wait for the new companion.

Also have high expectations for the Mistress arc. Lot of good possibilities there.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:16 AM 11-04-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:

There have been logical inconsistencies in every episode so far. Just odd goofy things that sort of take me out of the moment. Other than that, yeah, it's time for Clara to go. When he said, "Go to Hell" I was actually fully willing to go along with the ride and was looking forward to her becoming evil and destructive. I was hoping that he would have to send her to an alternate universe (something along the lines of Rose leaving) after a fight where he barely managed to defeat her. It would have been pretty cool. Sure it was touching the way it eventually panned out, but the end of the episode also destroyed what could have been a mythic journey for the three (Doc, Clara, Pink) of them. I found myself groaning at the prospect of...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:36 AM 11-04-2014
I like the new Doctor but yeah, something feels off.

Maybe Moffat's just run out of steam. There are rumors about season 9 being his last.

(That's next year...)
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:36 PM 11-04-2014

[Reply]
Page 59 of 70
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up