ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3844 of 3903
« First < 2844334437443794383438403841384238433844 384538463847384838543894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 03:31 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Friend of mines wife is a flight attendant and just tested positive. Mild headache and runny nose.

Oldest son home for Christmas and came down with sore throat stuffy nose Christmas night. I went to bed with runny nose last night. No tests available at the stores as there seems to be a shortage. Suppose I could go with my son to a local urgent care and get tested but to what end? At this point we all are getting it eventually
I woke up with a headache behind my eyes, a light fever, runny nose, and a random cough every now and then after having Christmas dinner with some family. I'm definitely not making an effort to go get tested unless whatever it is gets worse, but I might have the grocery getter see if there is a test on a shelf anywhere just to enter TLO's comparison.

I also have family in another midwestern state who all just came down with it. One of the family members was being tested every few days at their job and popped positive without symptoms. They tested the rest of the house and all but one had it with only two of the kids having snotty noses.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:40 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
96,000 cases yesterday with only 12 states reporting. But if this variant really is much less virulent than the others, and it sure seems like it is, this could be the end game of this ****er. Hope so.
This is my take. Lets all have covid parties and finally end this crap lol
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:58 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
This is my take. Lets all have covid parties and finally end this crap lol
Since some people will end up in the hospital, I don't think we need to go out of our way to make it spread any faster than it is. It's spreading crazy fast as is and it seems likely that by spring there won't be a significant number left who are: Unvaccinated and haven't gotten it.

So barring a new mutation that is still capable of spreading and capable of making people really sick (while possible it seems unlikely) this should be the end game for the serious pandemic. As opposed to the nuisance covid which we will be stuck with.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:02 PM 12-27-2021
Dumb question here, but if I'm vaccinated and boosted, can I still (at some point) get a test to see if I've had it in the past? About once every second month I'll get a runny nose or headache that's really mild, and I'm not going to go get tested every time. Most likely it's just due to a weather change or something and it's gone in a day. But at some point during an annual physical it would be nice to know if I can mark "plague survivor" off of my bucket list.
[Reply]
Donger 04:10 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Dumb question here, but if I'm vaccinated and boosted, can I still (at some point) get a test to see if I've had it in the past? About once every second month I'll get a runny nose or headache that's really mild, and I'm not going to go get tested every time. Most likely it's just due to a weather change or something and it's gone in a day. But at some point during an annual physical it would be nice to know if I can mark "plague survivor" off of my bucket list.
I don't think so. Since you're vaccinated and boosted, an antibody test would come back as positive but induced by the vaccines (hopefully), I think.
[Reply]
loochy 04:13 PM 12-27-2021
I don't think so. Since you're vaccinated and boosted, an antibody test would come back as positive but induced by the vaccines (hopefully), I think.
Yeah, my mom wanted to go get an antibody test after she (in all likelihood) had covid. It took me and my wife about 3 days to convince her that she'd be wasting her time and money by doing so because she's vaccinated.
[Reply]
TLO 04:15 PM 12-27-2021
This is correct
[Reply]
O.city 04:32 PM 12-27-2021
Have to get an antibody test specific to the nucleocapsid instead of spike
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:09 PM 12-27-2021
So it sounds like the answer is that if it's possible at all, it would cost me more than a pizza to get the right test. I'll live with the uncertainty.
[Reply]
sedated 05:30 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah it’s everywhere here. People dropping left and right with it

Luckily no serious illness
Seems the same in my circles. I felt bad yesterday and woke up exhausted today with a headache. Didn't even think about covid until a coworker mentioned on a call that he has a test scheduled today due to close contact but woke up today with a sore throat and runny nose.

Neither of us expect it to be much (everyone is vaxxed) but are preparing for operating our division on a decently limited staff once everyone starts to get sick from the holiday gatherings.
[Reply]
chinaski 05:34 PM 12-27-2021
Nothing to add really, but they opened a Rapid Test location down the street from me recently and the place has been absolutely packed the last few days. Certainly busier looking than the City/County testing places over the summer/fall. I'm in Los Angeles btw.
[Reply]
sedated 05:41 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Nothing to add really, but they opened a Rapid Test location down the street from me recently and the place has been absolutely packed the last few days. Certainly busier looking than the City/County testing places over the summer/fall. I'm in Los Angeles btw.
I also heard that testing is getting tougher and tougher to schedule, and the at-home tests are sold out all over the place.
[Reply]
Donger 06:37 PM 12-27-2021
Yeesh:

The National Football League had 96 of its players test positive for Covid-19 on Monday, the league announced today.

With an additional 10 positive tests among players over the weekend, a total of 106 players have been placed on the league’s Reserve/Covid-19 list since Christmas.

The NFL postponed three games last week but has yet to cancel a game so far this season.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:43 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Seems the same in my circles. I felt bad yesterday and woke up exhausted today with a headache. Didn't even think about covid until a coworker mentioned on a call that he has a test scheduled today due to close contact but woke up today with a sore throat and runny nose.

Neither of us expect it to be much (everyone is vaxxed) but are preparing for operating our division on a decently limited staff once everyone starts to get sick from the holiday gatherings.
Pretty much the most common symptoms I have heard from those near me that have tested positive: Headache, sore throat and runny nose
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:38 PM 12-27-2021
I’m now negative but I still have cold like symptoms. Coughing / Gunk.
My sister / bro in law (vaxxed) are back to normal as is my wife (who still has small loss of taste)
My in laws (unvax) just tested negative after 10 days and they are feeling much better. They are planning on vaccinating when they can.
2 cousins tested positive (vaxxed) also mild symptoms.
My parents were boosted and had symptoms but wasn’t sure if it was do to vax or exposure to us.

It ripped through my family and thankfully no hospitalizations.

Hopefully we can claim immunity for a least a season or two.
[Reply]
Page 3844 of 3903
« First < 2844334437443794383438403841384238433844 384538463847384838543894 > Last »
Up