ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Deberg_1990 08:27 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I loved it, as I do all of QT’s movies. He’s my favorite Director. He has one bad movie (Death Proof) and it might be my favorite bad movie ever.
I didn’t like it much at first, but it’s grown on me a lot.

Kurt “Fucking” Russell is amazing as Stunt Man Mike.
[Reply]
Buns 09:29 PM 07-26-2019
I am a big QT fan. Love all his films. I think this is my personal favorite of his, and that's mostly because of how good Brad and Leo are.

I think it's really, really good and I see how opinions can be divisive on it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:23 PM 07-26-2019
Ugh, felt like watching that band you loved in the 90s reuniting for a tour because someone's going through a divorce/midlife crisis. Moments of brilliance combined with low hanging fruit groaners. Sold out show with people over laughing and applauding so I'm likely the minority. Yes, I knew what to expect going in.

It is filmed perfectly though. A perfectly frosted turd, imo.
[Reply]
Predarat 12:28 PM 07-27-2019
I liked it, alot. Not my favorite Tarantino but somewhere in the middle, exactly where I have no idea yet until I watch it a few more times. The middle did kind of drag on a bit, could have made it a shorter movie. If you like Tarantino and/or that era of Hollywood you will probably like it.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:36 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Predarat:
I liked it, alot. Not my favorite Tarantino but somewhere in the middle, exactly where I have no idea yet until I watch it a few more times. The middle did kind of drag on a bit, could have made it a shorter movie. If you like Tarantino and/or that era of Hollywood you will probably like it.
Pretty much how I felt.

Not as good as Pulp Fiction or Inglorious Bastards but as good as or better than the rest.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:24 PM 07-27-2019
Ranking them

Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Reserviour Dogs
Kill Bill
Once upon a time in Hollywood
Django
Kill Bill 2
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
[Reply]
Bowser 02:27 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ranking them

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Inglorious Bastards
Django
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
(Once Upon a Time in Hollywood*)
FIFY

*haven't seen it yet
[Reply]
scho63 02:46 PM 07-27-2019
Really looks like a Love it or Leave it movie for most who have seen it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:55 PM 07-27-2019
Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

Which will be good enough to earn my $10
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:05 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

This was my opinion of the film.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:54 AM 07-30-2019

That person doesn't understand how storytelling works.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:25 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Tarantino's work always has a level of intricately woven connections to the storytelling, and in this case the real world incident that is woven into his characters' paths is already very Tarantino like in it's crazy connections. I thought it worked beautifully.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:38 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
For what it’s worth, your previous post sold me... gonna check it out tomorrow night

Although I did hear that Bruce Lee’s family is very unhappy with how he was portrayed as some arrogant jerk... SHAME ON YOU QUENTIN
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:50 PM 07-30-2019
For what it’s worth, your previous post sold me... gonna check it out tomorrow night

Although I did hear that Bruce Lee’s family is very unhappy with how he was portrayed as some arrogant jerk... SHAME ON YOU QUENTIN
The scene where Mike Tyson kicked his ass was unnecessary. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 PM 12-15-2019

That part was hilarious.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up