ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Media Center>Big Bang Theory
DaKCMan AP 07:44 PM 11-12-2007
Anyone else watch this show? I think it's fantastic. Great writing!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:48 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Explain how this show is any different than either of those.
Big Bang Theory was actually funny and had character development that made it enticing to watch...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:34 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Big Bang Theory was actually funny and had character development that made it enticing to watch...
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
UteChief 10:10 PM 05-05-2024
:-):-):-)
I never understand why a person goes into a thread and continues to shit on something. Okay, you don’t like it. You’ve made your opinion known. I’m sure you enjoy things other people do not. That’s why there are options.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:20 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by UteChief:
I never understand why a person goes into a thread and continues to shit on something. Okay, you don’t like it. You’ve made your opinion known. I’m sure you enjoy things other people do not. That’s why there are options.
I am never offended when people disagree with me...people have different tastes...

What is funny is when people do hit and run posting and contribute nothing to the discourse save for emojis.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:13 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by UteChief:
First, I never shit on the show. I've said that some people love it. From my limited watching of it, I don't care for it.

Second, I just think it's funny that some think this show is any different than something like Seinfeld, or Friends, or How I Met Your Mother. This isn't some high brow comedy. It's your run of the mill network comedy.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

No laugh track.

Funny as hell.
This. Stated watching that show on a whim a few years back. It’s an amazing and hilarious show

One of my favorite episodes is The Gang desperately Tries to win an award for best bar. But the bar being a metaphor for their actual show. Their show has been on for like 16 seasons yet never won or even nominated for an award if I recall. They’re so confused why their “bar” hasn’t won any awards. There’s a great scene in that episode where to go to a bard Called Sudz, which is basically the bar equivalent of Friends or BBT. There’s even a bell that the bartender rings / goes off to tell everyone to drink. ( ala a laugh track). Such an awesome show.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM Today
I hate this show.

It's a 'smart' show for stupid people.

"Oh you just don't get it...."

Yeah, that's it. A show that supplanted 2 and a Half Men in mass market media consumption in this country is just too damn smart for me.

They make 'sciency' references as stand-alone attempts at humor that aren't actually clever and definitely aren't funny and in so doing get some sort of odd rep as being brilliant. Mentioning Schrodinger's Cat without any meaningful effort at a joke doesn't make anything intelligent. It's just a fly-by name drop of sorts.

You want clever and funny? Watch Silicon Valley. If you want stupid but funny, watch How I Met Your Mother and just skip the final 2 seasons.

Big Bang Theory is neither of those things.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you want stupid but funny, watch How I Met Your Mother and just skip the final 2 seasons.
Final 2 seasons ruined the entire show. Still won't watch it on Hulu.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM Today
Final 2 seasons ruined the entire show. Still won't watch it on Hulu.
Yup.

I can't even watch the re-runs. The ending was THAT bad.

How do you blow a landing so badly that you wipe out everything that happened before it? Even Seinfeld didn't do that.

It blows my mind how they thought that was a good idea. Like you, Hulu can keep 'em. Which is a shame because it really was a good show.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:50 AM Today
Yup.

How do you blow a landing so badly that you wipe out everything that happened before it? Even Seinfeld didn't do that.

It blows my mind how they thought that was a good idea. Like you, Hulu can keep 'em. Which is a shame because it really was a good show.
Caught a few episodes when the wife was watching awhile back until I remembered how it all ends and I had to quit watching.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:02 AM Today
BBT was great. Young Sheldon was great, but for a completely different reason. In fact, the Young Sheldon bore little resemblance to the Old Sheldon, who always had memories of his alchoholic father and basically totally hick life growing up. Young Sheldon fleshes his childhood and family out to be much more likeable and real people.

But BBT was great. So was Friends. Sheesh, I don't know what there is to hate about the show, but everyone has their own taste I guess.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
BBT was great. Young Sheldon was great, but for a completely different reason. In fact, the Young Sheldon bore little resemblance to the Old Sheldon, who always had memories of his alchoholic father and basically totally hick life growing up. Young Sheldon fleshes his childhood and family out to be much more likeable and real people.

But BBT was great. So was Friends. Sheesh, I don't know what there is to hate about the show, but everyone has their own taste I guess.
BBT, Friends, 2 and a Half Men is just low hanging fruit jokes. There is no complex humor attempts going on there. And that can be a good watch and relaxing.
[Reply]
Fish 12:56 PM Today
I was never really a fan. The jokes were mostly just "What dumb people think smart nerdy people are like." And they ran that theme into the ground over and over for about 8 seasons too many. But mostly, I just can't stand the actor that plays Sheldon. That guy just is not funny. Hearing him boorishly state some random science fact which results in the audience to roaring in laughter is just nails on the chalkboard for me.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 02:55 PM Today
Yup.

If the show had ended after 3 or 4 seasons the ending wouldn't have been that bad at that point.

After 10 seasons it became clear that Ted and Robin should not be together. I was so sick of ted pining over her. Their characters had grown so much since those first couple seasons that the ending was a slap in the face.

That is a cautionary of locking yourself into an ending and not allowing the story to change as the characters do.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up