ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Watching Tony Romo is insufferable anymore.
Sofa King 12:45 PM 01-15-2023
He doesn't do any of the stuff he did that first year. Doesn't break down the plays, doesn't play Romostradamus, etc. He just takes a ball washing angle on a few players and plays contrarian on any big plays that could go either way. He's never right on those either.

Today after a completed pass by Allen he says "And that's why they call him Mr. January!"

Who says that? Has anyone ever heard that? lol. They can't say that each of the last two years for sure after we beat them.

EDIT: :-) :-) My brother just sent this link. Someone else apparently agrees with me. There's some tweets in it too.

https://fansided.com/2023/01/15/tony..._b8vjxB_X3XYfg

Tony Romo tried to pay Josh Allen a compliment with a new nickname, but we’re pretty sure this one isn’t going to stick… yet.

In his young NFL career, Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has played six NFL playoff games in January. His 3-3 record is apparently enough to earn him the title of “Mr. January,” that is, if you ask CBS color commentator Tony Romo.

To be fair, Allen does have a 106.6 passer rating, an average of over 285 yards per game, 14 touchdowns and 1 interception, but in January the thing that matters most is simple: Wins. To give Allen such a nickname while calling the first quarter of the Wild Card game between the Dolphins and Bills was probably a bit of a leap.

Nicknames used to mean something! They were earned!

Of course, if what he meant was that Allen has yet to get his team to February, well, that’s technically true.

Fans were not a fan of this nickname and took to Twitter to roast Romo for naming him that.

Fans roast Tony Romo for giving Josh Allen the nickname of “Mr. January”
Technically the truth fits here:
Maybe this will be the year for Allen and the Bills:
Have you ever tried to get something to catch on? It’s hard work!
Stop trying to make Mr. January happen!
As far as a better candidate for the title, right now it’s probably Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is 7-2 compared to Allen’s 3-3 in January playoff games.
Remember, Romo’s playing career only consisted of two playoff wins, so while he’s one of the smartest and more entertaining color commentators, his personal playoff experience isn’t the most expansive.
That in mind, maybe we can cut him some slack for the nickname.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:01 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He predicted OUR plays perfectly. In like one game.

He's been fucking wrong on everything since the 2018 AFC Championship game.

There's a happy medium between sitting there trying to predict shit like an asshole and just sticking to stupid sportstalk TV narratives.

Tons of guys do it the right way. Greg Olsen is one. Troy Aikman is boring as fuck, but he does the job he's supposed to do. Just do what they do.
Other than Greg Olsen looking like he is going to lay down plastic and murder fuckers, he's probably the best now.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Tony Romo is going to be a dream compared to listening to Brady call games.
Brady will do such a good job. Romo does a fine job. He just lost some steam. He's still very good at what he does.
[Reply]
scho63 03:03 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Romo signed a 10-year, $180 million contract with CBS in 2020 after rising quickly to start his career but suffered a decline since

Bad free agent signing, who would have ever thunk?
Another overpaid Dallas QB. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:24 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Other than Greg Olsen looking like he is going to lay down plastic and murder fuckers, he's probably the best now.
He is Dexter isn't he
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:48 AM 02-03-2023
He just goes on these rants where he's not even talking about football anymore, and gets all magnanimous about the TV narrative.

Like, if youre not going to predict the plays, at least talk about the game thats being played, instead of comparing players to Jordan and giving QBs nicknames. That's all I ask, just call the game thats played.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:36 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
He just goes on these rants where he's not even talking about football anymore, and gets all magnanimous about the TV narrative.

Like, if youre not going to predict the plays, at least talk about the game thats being played, instead of comparing players to Jordan and giving QBs nicknames. That's all I ask, just call the game thats played.
I sure some jackoff at the network told him to do that.
you cant JUST talk about football. You have to be an entertainer.

So, we want you to...............
[Reply]
notorious 08:09 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I might be the only one but I miss Dennis Miller , what Bill Burr up to theses days
:-)

The censor button guy just lost the next 5 years worth of sleep when you mentioned Bill Burr.
[Reply]
notorious 08:13 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
He is Dexter isn't he
Bueh summed up Olsen better than I ever could. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:18 AM 02-03-2023
Every single former player and coach can break down the game instantaneously and come close to predicting future plays. The networks and/or league don't want them to do it.
[Reply]
notorious 08:19 AM 02-03-2023
"Mr. January".

Good grief, man. :-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:20 AM 02-03-2023
He is too far removed from the game these days to predict plays based upon personnel and looks. The game has passed him by and now he has to actually do the job, not just amaze us with his presnap reads.
[Reply]
notorious 08:22 AM 02-03-2023
Romo makes 18 million a year to do what, 25 games?

I understand it's not an easy job, but good grief.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:26 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Romo makes 18 million a year to do what, 25 games?

I understand it's not an easy job, but good grief.
Not an easy job? Really? Sure, there is prep for the games and the travel, but just blabbering whatever comes to mind for 3 hours with lots of built in breaks?
[Reply]
notorious 08:34 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not an easy job? Really? Sure, there is prep for the games and the travel, but just blabbering whatever comes to mind for 3 hours with lots of built in breaks?
It takes a special skill set to be good at it.

I'm not going to dig it up, but SVP or Dan Patrick explains how tough it is, and how the greats make it look easy.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:36 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
It takes a special skill set to be good at it.

I'm not going to dig it up, but SVP or Dan Patrick explains how tough it is, and how the greats make it look easy.
Both of those guys qualify as great IMO
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up