ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 432
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:50 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I do not want to win at any cost.
Others won’t be so kind.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:51 PM 11-10-2022
We should start doing rep threads after every single win. I’m sure the Mizzou fans would love to constantly see that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:58 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It’s not about liking or disliking (although they are both probably on the dislike side for me); it’s knowing that what they do has value to winning.
I'm well aware of your stance on this from the Smart days of course, but am also well aware of your thoughts on refs steering games and what not.... and these two things don't compute for me.

Players doing stupid shit creates more rules, and those rules are often subjective. People say if you want to stop flopping, then start calling it.... yeah, so you want refs to determine what is and isn't a flop on any given play?

Sure, they probably wouldn't call it a ton, just like the flopping rule in the NHL.... but, I'd rather players not be clowns and not force leagues to create even more rules and more reasons to stop games and potentially help decide outcomes.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:00 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm well aware of your stance on this from the Smart days of course, but am also well aware of your thoughts on refs steering games and what not.... and these two things don't compute for me.

Players doing stupid shit creates more rules, and those rules are often subjective. People say if you want to stop flopping, then start calling it.... yeah, so you want refs to determine what is and isn't a flop on any given play?

Sure, they probably wouldn't call it a ton, just like the flopping rule in the NHL.... but, I'd rather players not be clowns and not force leagues to create even more rules and more reasons to stop games and potentially help decide outcomes.
That play on Udeh is going to be called a foul far more often than it is going to be called a flop in basketball (and especially at this level of basketball). When the games start mattering, nobody is going to have the balls to make a call like that. It's going to be like how the refs always crack down on touch fouls early in the season and then let schools like West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Texas play football on a basketball court once you get deep into conference play.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:02 PM 11-10-2022
Anyway, I mainly just wanted to see Udeh play more. He's clearly going to be one of this team's best players (and maybe its most valuable player if things break right). I want him confident and developing with playing time, not sitting on a bench as punishment because he exaggerated some contact on an elbow.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:07 PM 11-10-2022
What was the score? Guessing KU looked good from some of the comments.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:13 PM 11-10-2022
We are going to ****ing truck Duke. And I'm gonna be there for it three sheets to the wind.
Think so?

Not sure about that. I’m not terribly confident in the half court offense. I think Duke will be missing at least one of their top players though.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:14 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Calling techs for clear flops will help reduce them. Its never going to go away but you can clean up a lot of flops by calling techs. Refs are human, they fall for flailing bodies for fouls. The less flopping there is in basketball the easier it is to ref and calls will be more accurate as a result. Id go so far to even have a crew review flops after the fact and call techs late (next dead ball). The NBA should do this badly.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:16 PM 11-10-2022
Calling techs for clear flops will help reduce them. Its never going to go away but you can clean up a lot of flops by calling techs. Refs are human, they fall for flailing bodies for fouls. The less flopping there is in basketball the easier it is to ref and calls will be more accurate as a result. Id go so far to even have a crew review flops after the fact and call techs late (next dead ball). The NBA should do this badly.
You want the NBA to start calling flop technicals on Steph Curry and LeBron James who do it multiple times a game on offense? Never gonna happen.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:16 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Think so?

Not sure about that. I’m not terribly confident in the half court offense. I think Duke will be missing at least one of their top players though.
I'm sure.

[Reply]
BWillie 09:16 PM 11-10-2022
You want the NBA to start calling flop technicals on Steph Curry and LeBron James who do it multiple times a game? Never gonna happen.
Yes. And so does everyone else. They will adjust. Would quite possibly be the best thing the NBA could do to improve right now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:24 PM 11-10-2022
Yes. And so does everyone else. They will adjust. Would quite possibly be the best thing the NBA could do to improve right now.
They're never going to hinder the skillsets of the best players in their league. Never gonna happen.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:26 PM 11-10-2022
They're never going to hinder the skillsets of the best players in their league. Never gonna happen.
Flopping is not a skill - or shouldn't be. And it can easily be curbed with the right rule implementations.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:30 PM 11-10-2022
You want the NBA to start calling flop technicals on Steph Curry and LeBron James who do it multiple times a game on offense? Never gonna happen.
I want them to. No they wouldn't have to call it multiple times a game for long.

The NFL doesn't have near the same problem.

But evidently the fans that still watch the NBA are okay with it. I watch a few games during the finals and don't take it too seriously.

If you aren't flopping as much as the refs let you get away with...

Your an idiot.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:34 PM 11-10-2022
Yeah, and CBB is hard enough to watch at times now, and the NBA is unwatchable most of the time... so players can choose to be clowns and have even more whistles/stoppages/subjective bullshit if leagues ever start cracking down on it.... or to not be clowns and have some integrity for the game.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 432
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up