Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 AM 04-25-2023
How anyone would watch Anywhere Anything Anytime Anyplace or whatever that god forsaken film was called and think it was better than this...Ill never know
[Reply]
Otter 05:47 PM 05-08-2023
A friend sent me this one. Gentleman and lesbians, the cause of friction scabs on my penis in the 90's:
Attached: JenifferConnely.jpg (47.4 KB) 
[Reply]
notorious 08:50 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
A friend sent me this one. Gentleman and lesbians, the cause of friction scabs on my penis in the 90's:
Is it possible for internet pages to be stuck together?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
So weirdly, that's been altered....but not very much.

Here's the original:

If I'm betting, yours is a Megan Fox mashup.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:15 PM 05-09-2023
I'm old enough to remember when she looked like this.

When she was in her early 20s, Jennifer Connelly was pretty much the most fantastically beautiful woman on earth.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 05-10-2023
Yeah, my first true crush - she was stunning. And just classically beautiful to boot; would've been a smokeshow in black and white in the 20s.

Glad she was willing to get the girls out when she was still in her prime...
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:22 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:

When she was in her early 20s, Jennifer Connelly was pretty much the most fantastically beautiful woman on earth.
Rocketeer.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:06 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Rocketeer.
Jesus Christ. I saw that one time when I was a young kid. I remember her character making me melt.

I had forgotten about that movie and didn't know it was JC.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:44 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So weirdly, that's been altered....but not very much.

Here's the original:

If I'm betting, yours is a Megan Fox mashup.
Can't see a picture of her without hearing "ASS TO ASS! ASS TO ASS!"
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:49 PM 05-10-2023
Uh.....wtf how did i miss THIS?

NSFW

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:01 PM 08-11-2023
This movie was an extremely pleasant surprise
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:52 PM 08-11-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Rocketeer is such a great movie and she was absolutely breathtaking in it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:44 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Some SAM systems use radar-guided missiles. In fact, I think they say that the SAM systems protecting the nuclear weapons site were radar-guided.

Which makes the flares useless, but it's a movie, and flares are a lot more dramatic-looking than bales of foil being ejected from the plane.
Saw a naval aviator talking about this movie and he said that on an F-18 there are a few ways to use your countermeasures. There's a 'stalk' of sorts where you can select flares or chaff but there are two emergency buttons where it runs a program that can (and likely will) fire off both. It's varied based on the mission, etc... but it's all pre-programmed.

So you could argue that their emergency deploy button is both chaff AND flare, and the chaff simply isn't showing up on the screen.

So that's what I'm gonna go with...
[Reply]
Bowser 02:12 PM 01-05-2024
In case you didn't know (and I don't know why you wouldn't), this movie holds up spectacularly well after repeat viewings.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
In case you didn't know (and I don't know why you wouldn't), this movie holds up spectacularly well after repeat viewings.
Yeah - it remains pretty unassailable.

Even the fighter pilots are like "Yeah, some of this is a little off, but damn this is a great movie and hey - it's a movie. You have to suspend a little disbelief here..."

Like the part where Maverick sacrifices his plane to flare off Rooster - the guy essentially says "Hey, theoretically it might be doable. In practice, nobody has ever been that good. There's just no way to locate a point in space and get from point A to point B like that."

But I think my favorite nitpick was a simple one - airspeed. Every maneuver has you bleeding inertia. And they're going to be bled white coming up that cliff face into coffin corner anyway. They would have ZERO airspeed. And how are they going to gain it? Usually you'd nose down but they're in mountain canyons - they can't do that. Worse still, they're up and down, left and right, all over the place trying to evade.

They'd simply never have the airspeed to make some of those banked turns; they'd fall right out of the sky the moment they threw the wings over, slammed the emergency countermeasure button and pulled the stick back.

But hey - movie would be a lot less good if it was:

"Dagger 1, Defending...."
{whacks countermeasure button; banks and pulls yoke}
{Every stall alarm in Gods creation sounds simultaneously - plane noses over and flutters helplessly into side of mountain}
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up