« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:47 PM 08-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Growling Sidewinder has intimidated me enough that its still in the wrapping and I'm sticking with some NASCAR Heat 5 until I can build my own Cup team and win a championship with it.

Gotta have goals and know your limitations.

Is there a dedicated dogfight mode? Because that's all I really want to do - just go select an F-14 and attack a computer opponent.
I haven't fucked with it enough to know. I think there's a PvP Online Dog Fight mode though where you can compete against other players.

I bought it at the same time i bought Forza, just to scratch that itch like you were saying.

Surprisingly Forza has me by the balls right now. I even have a copy of Elden Ring that was gifted to me that i still haven't touched yet because Forza.
[Reply]
Miles 12:18 AM 11-27-2022
This was still as enjoyable on the second watch. This was my first time with a 4K blu ray and my system has never sounded or looked this great.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:54 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Well, the ladies don't typically age as well as the dudes, even with all the procedures they can get. But she probably is too fat and old for this.

Well Jennifer is aging quite nicely, so far.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Well Jennifer is aging quite nicely, so far.
Outside of her magnificent rack going AWOL. :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:12 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Yeah.... Her getting a breast reduction is a disappointment.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:52 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Yeah.... Her getting a breast reduction is a disappointment.
No, it's an affront to God Himself
[Reply]
RunKC 10:29 AM 04-15-2023
Very late here but man I loved this movie. It’s the kind of movie that makes people want to go back to the theatre. Tom Cruise just does movies right.

-The amount of flying they did to cut down on CGI was very noticeable. You could actually see gravity take hold of the actors in the plane and that made it more real.
-Phoenix wasn’t pushed as some love interest or bad girl or any of that shit. She was just a damn good pilot who happened to be a woman.
-Hangman didn’t pout, get pissy, walk out or anything when he wasn’t on the final squad. He was a cocky SOB but he was also a team player and that showed at the end.
-Mav/Rooster didn’t fight off a bunch of military people to get to that plane. The storyline of the bombing and smoke from it actually made everything completely believable and real.
-Teller, Powell, Ham. All very good actors added to this and they fit so well.
-Bob is Bill Pullman’s spawn? Well how bout that? :-)

I guess you could point to pure nepotism of Rooster being Dagger 2 simply bc of his ties to Maverick. It feels like he should have been barred from being on the squad for his actions during training.

All in all amazing. Loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:20 AM 04-15-2023
I watched this again recently - it's available on Amazon Prime. My opinion of it has improved dramatically. Initially I was more than a bit disappointed by the ending, but now, frankly, I love it. Sure it was silly and unrealistic, but it was also a wonderful storybook ending and a throwback to another era that I really miss. The steely-eyed man's man All-American Hero saves the day, gets the girl and flies off into the sunset. Utterly, completely and unapologizingly unwoke.

We need more of that, not less.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:27 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Very late here but man I loved this movie. It’s the kind of movie that makes people want to go back to the theatre. Tom Cruise just does movies right.

-The amount of flying they did to cut down on CGI was very noticeable. You could actually see gravity take hold of the actors in the plane and that made it more real.
-Phoenix wasn’t pushed as some love interest or bad girl or any of that shit. She was just a damn good pilot who happened to be a woman.
-Hangman didn’t pout, get pissy, walk out or anything when he wasn’t on the final squad. He was a cocky SOB but he was also a team player and that showed at the end.
-Mav/Rooster didn’t fight off a bunch of military people to get to that plane. The storyline of the bombing and smoke from it actually made everything completely believable and real.
-Teller, Powell, Ham. All very good actors added to this and they fit so well.
-Bob is Bill Pullman’s spawn? Well how bout that? :-)

I guess you could point to pure nepotism of Rooster being Dagger 2 simply bc of his ties to Maverick. It feels like he should have been barred from being on the squad for his actions during training.

All in all amazing. Loved it.
The 20ish minutes from 'send it' to Hangman showing up was just so damn well done. The practical effects and cinematography was just fucking amazing. Hell, even the last 2 minutes of that when the last jet shows up with the 'sad top gun' soundtrack and then the missile releases...and the top gun bell.

Fuck this movie is awesome.

In the theater it was the most enjoyable movie experience I have EVER had. The only think close was Dunkirk on the 2nd largest screen in North America.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 04-17-2023
"Set time to target, 2 minutes, 15 seconds..."

Shit y'all, I can only get so erect...

That's also when you kinda realize that Hangman isn't the bad guy they kinda wanted him to be. He's just fucking good. Frankly, he IS Pete Mitchell.

That little smirk when he hears Maverick on the range; he knows he's about to see some serious shit.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:20 PM 04-17-2023
I watched this again recently - it's available on Amazon Prime. My opinion of it has improved dramatically. Initially I was more than a bit disappointed by the ending, but now, frankly, I love it. Sure it was silly and unrealistic, but it was also a wonderful storybook ending and a throwback to another era that I really miss. The steely-eyed man's man All-American Hero saves the day, gets the girl and flies off into the sunset. Utterly, completely and unapologizingly unwoke.

We need more of that, not less.
I've watched it 4x... really enjoyed it
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 04-18-2023
Yup the Maverick test run was nostalgic and awesome.

My biggest question after seeing it again is after they go up past 9G on the steep incline after dropping the bombs, that’s such a steep slope and such a speed that you figure it would take time to snap out of that while enemy bombs were triggered as soon as they went past the top.

That seemed to be the scariest part of the mission more than anything. Your oxygen is pressed to the max, you’re damn near blacking out and oh yeah there’s bombs right there immediately coming for you. Didn’t seem realistic but hey it was still ****ing awesome
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup the Maverick test run was nostalgic and awesome.

My biggest question after seeing it again is after they go up past 9G on the steep incline after dropping the bombs, that’s such a steep slope and such a speed that you figure it would take time to snap out of that while enemy bombs were triggered as soon as they went past the top.

That seemed to be the scariest part of the mission more than anything. Your oxygen is pressed to the max, you’re damn near blacking out and oh yeah there’s bombs right there immediately coming for you. Didn’t seem realistic but hey it was still ****ing awesome
You can shake G-Loc in 10-20 seconds but that's essentially an eternity here.

I think ultimately they're relying on a fairly dumb weapons platform. Sam's aren't laser guided or anything; they're infrared. So you come out of there, get the bell screaming in your ear and it shouldn't take too terribly much presence of mind to fire off your flares and bank.

What confused me about that sequence is why they spent so much time in the coffin corner. Your presence is known so staying below a radar envelope isn't getting you anywhere. Incoming aircraft aren't on scene yet.

Hit the damn afterburners and haul ass out of there. You should be exposed to maybe two SAM sites before you're clear of their radar range. Make a couple of slight banks to separate from the flares and give the missiles something else to hit (and avoid getting hit by shrapnel) but man, I wouldn't think you'd need to jink more than 20% off center. And even if you did - get the noise pointed due west and be gone as quickly as you can.

They just seemed to be loitering in a kill box.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:18 PM 04-18-2023
Some SAM systems use radar-guided missiles. In fact, I think they say that the SAM systems protecting the nuclear weapons site were radar-guided.

Which makes the flares useless, but it's a movie, and flares are a lot more dramatic-looking than bales of foil being ejected from the plane.
[Reply]
Otter 04:59 AM 04-25-2023
That and jet black, wavy, long hair.

[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up