ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 242 of 256
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Otter 07:40 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
People are crazy if they pay $100 over the already highly inflated price of $70 for 3 days early access.

Anyone who didn't learn the shell game of modern gaming from the DayZ demonstration deserves to be ripped off.
[Reply]
Bump 07:48 PM 01-30-2024
People are crazy if they pay $100 over the already highly inflated price of $70 for 3 days early access.
people are indeed crazy
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:02 PM 01-31-2024

Game Devs just do not understand

Sold 12 million copies on steam and 7 million on xbox in 2 weeks
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:58 AM 02-03-2024

That Saga continues
[Reply]
Frazod 11:40 PM 02-04-2024
Still rolling with Enshrouded. I've finally progressed to the point where I mostly know what I'm doing, but it's still a slog. A fun slog, though. I'm finally moving into the final areas of the limited release and still have vast swaths that I haven't explored yet. I can't imagine how big this world will be in the final release.

If you want to play a game where you have to constantly mine/farm resources, this game is for you. If you ever wanted to be a fucking lumberjack, this game is definitely for you. I've chopped down more trees in this game than Paul Bunyan. If you want to play an archer, you need twigs to make arrow shafts, and the best way to get them is chopping down trees. If you want to play a mage, a key ingredient of the spell charges is resin, and you have to chop down trees for that. I guess you could just play a straight up tank with little to no ranged attacks, but considering how quickly you get dogpiled I just can't see it. The shrouded areas are especially brutal, since visibility is limited and the enemies can sometimes be on you before you even know they're there. Also, in the shroud you're slowly dying, so you have to get in and out in a limited amount of time. And if you die, wherever you fall that's where your loot is, and you have to go back to the same spot to retrieve it. And it seems like every time you find a resource you've been lacking to make something you need, BOOM another requirement pops up. It is at times maddening. But fun.

This game is fun. Fun, goddammit. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:43 PM 02-04-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Still rolling with Enshrouded. I've finally progressed to the point where I mostly know what I'm doing, but it's still a slog. A fun slog, though. I'm finally moving into the final areas of the limited release and still have vast swaths that I haven't explored yet. I can't imagine how big this world will be in the final release.

If you want to play a game where you have to constantly mine/farm resources, this game is for you. If you ever wanted to be a fucking lumberjack, this game is definitely for you. I've chopped down more trees in this game than Paul Bunyan. If you want to play an archer, you need twigs to make arrow shafts, and the best way to get them is chopping down trees. If you want to play a mage, a key ingredient of the spell charges is resin, and you have to chop down trees for that. I guess you could just play a straight up tank with little to no ranged attacks, but considering how quickly you get dogpiled I just can't see it. The shrouded areas are especially brutal, since visibility is limited and the enemies can sometimes be on you before you even know they're there. Also, in the shroud you're slowly dying, so you have to get in and out in a limited amount of time. And if you die, wherever you fall that's where your loot is, and you have to go back to the same spot to retrieve it. And it seems like every time you find a resource you've been lacking to make something you need, BOOM another requirement pops up. It is at times maddening. But fun.

This game is fun. Fun, goddammit. :-)
Welcome to the survival Genre :-)
[Reply]
Fish 11:44 PM 02-04-2024
Sounds like Valheim with fancy graphics..
[Reply]
Frazod 11:59 PM 02-04-2024
Welcome to the survival Genre :-)
As I previously mentioned, the biggest difference between this and other games I've played that are similar is that there is no currency and no merchants. You can't buy anything - you have to either make it yourself or bring components back to your base and have one of your NPCs make it for you. That great set of armor it took forever to assemble that you finally leveled beyond? You can't sell it - all you can do is break it down. And not for its base components, but just runes, which you need to enhance your weapons. Because fuck you, that's why.

There are no friendly beings in this world outside of the NPCs that never leave the base. Zero friendly inhabited settlements; all the normal people are gone. There are some creatures that ignore you, but that's the best you're going to get. Everything else will immediately try to kill you.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:02 AM 02-05-2024
As I previously mentioned, the biggest difference between this and other games I've played that are similar is that there is no currency and no merchants. You can't buy anything - you have to either make it yourself or bring components back to your base and have one of your NPCs make it for you. That great set of armor it took forever to assemble that you finally leveled beyond? You can't sell it - all you can do is break it down. And not for its base components, but just runes, which you need to enhance your weapons. Because fuck you, that's why.

There are no friendly beings in this world outside of the NPCs that never leave the base. Zero friendly inhabited settlements; all the normal people are gone. There are some creatures that ignore you, but that's the best you're going to get. Everything else will immediately try to kill you.
Seems rather harsh but that is most survival games. It's literally being dropped in a hostile world and hey have fun you're on your own. Some love that about survival type games but yes it's tedious and definitely not for every one. Enshrouded is next up on my list of games to play after I take a break from Palworld unless I take a break for a different genre in between.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:02 AM 02-05-2024
One shitty thing I just encountered - the cap level is 25 and goes no higher.

I hate that. :-)

Oh well.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:50 AM 02-05-2024
One shitty thing I just encountered - the cap level is 25 and goes no higher.

I hate that. :-)

Oh well.
Early Access...the game will get a lot more content and probably a level increase but as for now and without mods that is indeed true.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:46 AM 02-05-2024
Palworld any good?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:12 AM 02-05-2024
I'm happy for everyone enjoying these survival/base building games. I'm also pulling for this fad to die down. As a dad with very little gaming time, these are just a no-go for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:19 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm happy for everyone enjoying these survival/base building games. I'm also pulling for this fad to die down. As a dad with very little gaming time, these are just a no-go for me.
I can see that. Being an old retired fart is definitely a plus for this type of game.

FTR, I give zero shits about the base building aspect of it, at least when it comes to building elaborate stuff. Perhaps I will at a later time, but for now, my main base has one little building for my character and storage, and another little building that houses the NPCs. All the workstations are on the ground between them, and all the crops are in one patch of dirt off to the side. It takes so long to gather the shit you need just to play it that spending hours building some palatial estate seems like a waste of time. The other bases are built solely to explore new places, and as you need to constantly dump and relocate them as you move on, in those I only have the flame altar and a workbench to repair weapons.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:35 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Because the most robust car modding experience i've played was in Forza Horizon. Their Livery editor is 2nd to none. The paints and unlimited livery customizations are excellent.

I've been losing hours in Gran Turismo 7's editor too. Better paints than Forza Horizon 4 (haven't played 5) and you can layer vinyl's in different finishes unlike in FH4. So you could have a metallic paint job and layer matte finished vinyls over it. In FH4 the vinyls are always the same finish as the paint.

However, GT7 doesn't have community uploaded artwork like FH4, which adds a TON of customization options. This puts it way ahead of GT7 imo. The only limit in FH4 is your imagination.

This post is totally fucking wrong btw and its been bothering me for weeks. Recently discovered GT7's Livery options and they're every bit on par with Forza.
[Reply]
Page 242 of 256
« First < 142192232238239240241242 243244245246252 > Last »
Up